Rowan County's Most Wanted
simple fact

Morehead, KY

#44 Apr 7, 2012
depends wrote:
<quoted text>What do the people with dependence do if they don't have their medication? You said they don't rob, steal, and commit other crimes.
In that person's post, they were prescribed the medicine for chronic pain, so without it, they live in pain. Robbing, stealing and committing crimes hopefully wouldn't even be a passing thought for most people.
Farmers Classmate

Owingsville, KY

#45 Apr 7, 2012
HAHA wrote:
they must not be looking to hard for ol lonnie whitt jr he works out at family dollar so police we have here in kentucky
You mean, Family Dollar actually hired him? He is not only an addict but a thief.
Most Wanted

Owingsville, KY

#46 Apr 7, 2012
Actually

Chesterfield, MO

#47 Apr 7, 2012
depends wrote:
<quoted text>What do the people with dependence do if they don't have their medication? You said they don't rob, steal, and commit other crimes.
Unfortunately, the suffer
UGLY TRUTH

Dahlonega, GA

#48 Apr 8, 2012
I wish that they would just start selling these pain pills over the counter.That would cut down on the thieving and even traffic.Because then people wouldn't be running up and down the road looking for these stupid things.Sell them all they want & let nature take care of them.The only thing keeping most of these worthless humans alive is the lack of money and/or the availability of these things..Good riddance i say!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#49 Apr 8, 2012
Responsbile wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but you are generalizing my statements again. I said "some". Not all, some.
You are questioning if I am addicted? LOL How can you be addicted to something doctors will not prescribe? The last time I had narcotic pain meds was several months ago when I had a root canal done due to an abcessed tooth while in FL for the winter. The doctor correctly prescribed 4 days worth of pain meds and not the maximum dosage. It was more than adequate for the situation.
So what exactly is your definition of addiction? I was under the impression that addiction meant that your body produced very real and uncontrollable physical cravings for a substance, making it impossible to function without it and making the person willing to do just about anything to get it to get rid of the cravings. Not once in a while, but constantly. I know I explained previously that my need for anything more than my maintenance non-narcotic pain medication is only occasional, maybe one time in a week or two and a situation where one dose, maybe two at the most, would take care of the flare-up for another week, or two, or more.
And if I am the exception, I thank God for that. But the fact remains that I don't believe that I, or anyone else, should be denied the ability to receive necessary pain relief because of others who have had problems. Again, it is my opinion, we both have them and I agree to disagree.
You asked my definition here goes. I am an addict. I am addicted to cocaine. I have been clean for many years, I have gone through the withdrawal associated with my addiction. I no longer think about using cocaine and really have no desire to ever do so again as long as I live. I did not mean to accuse you of being an addict and I apologize for my remark.

My opinions on the use of narcotics come from personal experience. I have watched a close family member completely lose everything he held close to addiction to narcotics. He has been taking class A narcotics for 25 years for the management of pain associated with injury. I have known many many friends that have lost everything to addiction to prescription pain medications.

Think on this please. Cocaine was originally developed/processed for it's potential for medical applications. After some time and experience in the medical field the potential for the diasterous downside of that drug. I personally think narcotics have the same potential based on epidemic currently gripping our country. This is my belief and it comes from person experience. I did not mean to draw conclusions about your situation but I may have gotten the wrong impression from your statements.
Responsible

Morehead, KY

#50 Apr 8, 2012
aka will wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked my definition here goes. I am an addict. I am addicted to cocaine. I have been clean for many years, I have gone through the withdrawal associated with my addiction. I no longer think about using cocaine and really have no desire to ever do so again as long as I live. I did not mean to accuse you of being an addict and I apologize for my remark.
My opinions on the use of narcotics come from personal experience. I have watched a close family member completely lose everything he held close to addiction to narcotics. He has been taking class A narcotics for 25 years for the management of pain associated with injury. I have known many many friends that have lost everything to addiction to prescription pain medications.
Think on this please. Cocaine was originally developed/processed for it's potential for medical applications. After some time and experience in the medical field the potential for the diasterous downside of that drug. I personally think narcotics have the same potential based on epidemic currently gripping our country. This is my belief and it comes from person experience. I did not mean to draw conclusions about your situation but I may have gotten the wrong impression from your statements.
Thank you. I appreciate your apology and I accept. I tried to be clear in the details of my situation, but sometimes the intent and tone of the written word does not come through as well as a one-on-one conversation with someone and it can be misinterpreted.

Thank you also for sharing your story. I applaud what you have overcome and your determination to never again allow a substance to control you. That is admirable.

What is most frustrating for me is that I would be THRILLED if they would develop a type of pain relief that would be effective on severe pain, but without the potential for dependence, addiction and abuse. So far, to my knowledge, there is nothing even close. I have no desire to become dependent or addicted to any substance, whether narcotic or otherwise. Heck, that's why I never started smoking or even drink coffee! I grew up with parents who couldn't go out for a 2 hour Sunday drive without a thermos of coffee! But I digress. So anyway, for people like myself, options are extremely limited. I will continue to hope for something to change, whether it be a breakthrough in pain management medicine or simply a doctor who has the faith in themselves and myself to allow me the means for occasional severe pain management. In the meantime, I will relish the good days and do my best to endure those that are not.

I do wish you well with your continued sobriety. It doesn't sound like it will be an issue, something I am sure that you and your family are very thankful for.
Best Thing

Owingsville, KY

#51 Apr 9, 2012
UGLY TRUTH wrote:
I wish that they would just start selling these pain pills over the counter.That would cut down on the thieving and even traffic.Because then people wouldn't be running up and down the road looking for these stupid things.Sell them all they want & let nature take care of them.The only thing keeping most of these worthless humans alive is the lack of money and/or the availability of these things..Good riddance i say!
Best thing is catch them, lock them up, and throw away the key. Too many pain pill heads preying on the elderly and robbing them. Lock them up for good and stop the little slap on the hand or a few days in jail.

Location hidden

#52 Apr 9, 2012
Best Thing wrote:
<quoted text> Best thing is catch them, lock them up, and throw away the key. Too many pain pill heads preying on the elderly and robbing them. Lock them up for good and stop the little slap on the hand or a few days in jail.
after they have a felony record for drugs and nobody will hire them clean and sober or not, then what? It's hard enough to get a job today without a criminal record. What happens when they get out? They will get out someday, have you given any thought about how they will earn a living and be productive members of society? Clearly, if they are committing robery or larceny or some other theft related crime they need to serve time for that just like the criminals that aren't addicts but what about the "pill heads" that are arrested for drug charges only?

Location hidden

#53 Apr 9, 2012
I ask because I am a recovering addict, like I said before I have almost 10 years clean. If I had gone to prison for drugs I would never have the career I have today, I could never support my children and I could never be as productive in society as I am. I don't think locking people up for drugs has worked in the past and since the "war on drugs" campaign(started by President Reagan)began the import of drugs to this country has only increased. The use of drugs in this country has only increased. The age at which people experiment with drugs has decreased.

The "lock them up" approach doesn't seem to be working.
solution

Grayson, KY

#54 Apr 9, 2012
aka will wrote:
I ask because I am a recovering addict, like I said before I have almost 10 years clean. If I had gone to prison for drugs I would never have the career I have today, I could never support my children and I could never be as productive in society as I am. I don't think locking people up for drugs has worked in the past and since the "war on drugs" campaign(started by President Reagan)began the import of drugs to this country has only increased. The use of drugs in this country has only increased. The age at which people experiment with drugs has decreased.
You must be a Democrat. What is your solution? Legalize everything? It would help if Mexico and other coutries would do something about the drugs in their countries. I definately think the 3 strike law should apply to drug users/dealers.

Location hidden

#55 Apr 9, 2012
I'm a republican if it matters at all. If you can show me one instance where the war on drugs has done anything to lower crime or drug use I would be happy to change my view but lets be honest it has failed utterly. If you think Mexico isn't doing something you must be avoiding the news. Numerous Mexican police and federal law enforcement officers have been killed and several politicians have been targeted, these people aren't losing their lives for traffic tickets. They are fighting for their lives down there for the money we spend on drugs. Thanks to the war on drugs prices have increased to a point where billions are made each year.

Please show me anything(credible reference of course)that validates the war on drugs.
jjy02

Morehead, KY

#56 Apr 9, 2012
aka will wrote:
Actually, the United States started the "War on Drugs" in 1914 with the Harrison Narcotics Tax Act. President Nixon's administration repealed some of the mandatory sentence lengths for possession of Marijuana and developed treatment guidelines with the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970. This law expanded enforcement to the Military and aid to foreign countries to help with enforcement on a Global scale. It also classified Drugs by type and other stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs
jjy02

Morehead, KY

#57 Apr 9, 2012
jjy02 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the United States started the "War on Drugs" in 1914 with the Harrison Narcotics Tax Act. President Nixon's administration repealed some of the mandatory sentence lengths for possession of Marijuana and developed treatment guidelines with the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970. This law expanded enforcement to the Military and aid to foreign countries to help with enforcement on a Global scale. It also classified Drugs by type and other stuff.
Also the U.S. population has doubled since 1950 which may have some blame as to why drug consumption has increased. I mean there are 150 million more folks living now than in 1950, it does effect everything.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004986.html
sandy hook

Chesterfield, MO

#58 Apr 9, 2012
Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I appreciate your apology and I accept. I tried to be clear in the details of my situation, but sometimes the intent and tone of the written word does not come through as well as a one-on-one conversation with someone and it can be misinterpreted.
Thank you also for sharing your story. I applaud what you have overcome and your determination to never again allow a substance to control you. That is admirable.
What is most frustrating for me is that I would be THRILLED if they would develop a type of pain relief that would be effective on severe pain, but without the potential for dependence, addiction and abuse. So far, to my knowledge, there is nothing even close. I have no desire to become dependent or addicted to any substance, whether narcotic or otherwise. Heck, that's why I never started smoking or even drink coffee! I grew up with parents who couldn't go out for a 2 hour Sunday drive without a thermos of coffee! But I digress. So anyway, for people like myself, options are extremely limited. I will continue to hope for something to change, whether it be a breakthrough in pain management medicine or simply a doctor who has the faith in themselves and myself to allow me the means for occasional severe pain management. In the meantime, I will relish the good days and do my best to endure those that are not.
I do wish you well with your continued sobriety. It doesn't sound like it will be an issue, something I am sure that you and your family are very thankful for.
They already have and it is pot but the goverment will not let people grow it for there personal use the goverment can not tax it yet.With pot most people would not ever use or need pills
Actually

Chesterfield, MO

#59 Apr 10, 2012
jjy02 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the interesting angle. So technically, prohibition was part of that war as well?
It's frustrating that they call wars on inanimate things. The war on drugs, the war on terror etc. These are wars that can never be won and will be fought for century after century.:(

Location hidden

#60 Apr 10, 2012
jjy02 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also the U.S. population has doubled since 1950 which may have some blame as to why drug consumption has increased. I mean there are 150 million more folks living now than in 1950, it does effect everything.
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004986.html
increasing population does affect everything but according to your wikilink the percentage of the population incarcerated has increased almost 5 times since the 70s. The 70s is when the actual term "war on drugs" was coined and also marked a continuation but also a change in the existing policy. So, the "war on drugs" really began in the 70s but the 80s was when we see a dramatic change in the sentencing and convictions for drug use and possession that reflects the current state of affairs I was referring to. For the sake of debate I will grant you the start of the "war on drugs" as 1914, I would say that given almost 100 years it is an even greater failure than I first stated.
Missing

Morehead, KY

#61 Apr 10, 2012
Isn't that odd. The original post (#1) is now gone, the one that had the link. Also gone is #8 & #10. Why would they remove a public internet link for people wanted by the authorities?

“PI Olivehillman”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#62 Apr 10, 2012
Curious Observer wrote:
My daughter had a impacted & infected tooth so bad the dentist gave her Vicoden. She took them as prescribed and when the pain ended & she quit she literally went through withdrawal--& she had taken them for only a week to 10 days. She also said they made her terribly constipated. She said never again would she take that.
Yup! I've seen it happen to my father who was very ill.
jjy02

Morehead, KY

#63 Apr 10, 2012
aka will wrote:
<quoted text>
increasing population does affect everything but according to your wikilink the percentage of the population incarcerated has increased almost 5 times since the 70s. The 70s is when the actual term "war on drugs" was coined and also marked a continuation but also a change in the existing policy. So, the "war on drugs" really began in the 70s but the 80s was when we see a dramatic change in the sentencing and convictions for drug use and possession that reflects the current state of affairs I was referring to. For the sake of debate I will grant you the start of the "war on drugs" as 1914, I would say that given almost 100 years it is an even greater failure than I first stated.
That is my point, more people...more users, more users ....more dealers, more dealers......more smugglers. It all adds up to more being convicted or pleading guilty to crimes related to illegal drugs.

Same pattern with Food, sewer, alcohol, transportation, sickness and believe it or not, Prisons for people who choose to break Laws.

The population increase has had an impact on every area of human life including the humans that display actions that are irresponsible and reckless to themselves and their fellow humans.

It all comes down to instant gratification. We want it now and some of us do not care how we get it.

Same in the 50's, now there are just more today that do not care about what they have to do to get that gratification.

Oh and All of the death and destruction in Mexico by the Cartels...
"1972
Marijuana recommended to be downgraded to misdemeanor.(Previously, states treated as felony resulting in extreme penalties). Oregon first state to do so in 1973-- resulting in small increase in use. Other states followed (inc. Minn.) In 1970's, Carter administration worked toward Federal decriminalization. "
http://facultypages.morris.umn.edu/~ratliffj/...

"After all, according to official estimates, marijuana constitutes 60 percent of cartelsÂ’ drug profits."
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/19/opinion/19l...

.....More than Half the blame can be laid on (low risk if caught)pot smokers as they are the biggest customer. I thought Marijuana never killed anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min Patriot 151,666
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 25 min Einstein 15,730
RCSHS Football 2 hr Yolo 11
School board tax rate hike AGAIN 2 hr Carter_County_lib... 16
How are they so many stupid people to vote for ... 4 hr imo 10
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 6 hr Janine 32
Hillary will be the start of a new civil war 7 hr Set back and watch 1
shooting on brown ridge 11 hr Art 16

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages