CAKY-community alternatives Ky

Posted in the Morehead Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Something dangerous there

Morehead, KY

#1 Oct 29, 2009
My family and I were traveling westbound on 60. Sitting on the raised curb on the right side of the road in front of that Citgo were 2 people. On the left side of the road stood one man and another man running toward him. We thought--car trouble or something. About 30 minutes later we came back through there heading east obviously. That same young man that was standing beside the road the 1st time was now standing straight as an arrow with his hands behind his back, only this time he was about 2-3 feet IN THE ROAD. This was right at the entrance to the CAKY facility and the St. Claire lab. As we approached him--slowing down of course--he took another large step farther INTO THE ROAD. This placed him at least halfway into our lane. The same guy that was running toward him the 1st time was now briskly walking toward him again. I called authorities while my husband drove to White's Ready Mart and turned around. No one anywhere when we got back there.

Anyone have any idea what the heck was happening down there? This was a very dangerous situation.
Goldigger

Winder, GA

#2 Oct 29, 2009
Something dangerous there wrote:
My family and I were traveling westbound on 60. Sitting on the raised curb on the right side of the road in front of that Citgo were 2 people. On the left side of the road stood one man and another man running toward him. We thought--car trouble or something. About 30 minutes later we came back through there heading east obviously. That same young man that was standing beside the road the 1st time was now standing straight as an arrow with his hands behind his back, only this time he was about 2-3 feet IN THE ROAD. This was right at the entrance to the CAKY facility and the St. Claire lab. As we approached him--slowing down of course--he took another large step farther INTO THE ROAD. This placed him at least halfway into our lane. The same guy that was running toward him the 1st time was now briskly walking toward him again. I called authorities while my husband drove to White's Ready Mart and turned around. No one anywhere when we got back there.
Anyone have any idea what the heck was happening down there? This was a very dangerous situation.

CAKY deals with individuals who sometimes have behavior issues.
Could have been any number of things. I'm sure they took care of the problem (if it was a problem) in a professional manner.

Since: Jun 09

Morehead

#3 Oct 30, 2009
CAKY provides care for mentally challenged individuals. The day program for the individuals is located in that area. Sometimes, no matter how well they are watched or guarded, they do manage to get out and need to be calmed down and taken back to their comfortable zone. Please try to take the time to realize when you see clients of CAKY, that even though it may look like they are grown men and women, they may have the mind of a small child. This means that if they are out in a strange setting, they will not react the way a normal adult would. I am sure the young man you mentioned was probably just as nervous and distressed as you were. But, I think it is commendable that you did contact authorities. It is nice to know that someone would take the time to care enough to do so just in case the staff had not been aware that someone had left the building. I am sure that they man you saw running and then walking briskly was a staff member trying to calmly get the client back into the building.
REALLY

Lexington, KY

#4 Nov 2, 2009
I thought that was what CAKY employees were hired for. Making sure that all clients are kept safe and their needs met. Im wondering if there was an incident report filed.( This is proper prodical )Lets just wait and see if any papers are filed on this incident.
abx

Frankfort, KY

#6 Nov 4, 2009
Heard that place suxxxxx balllllsssss to work at.
Bob

Princeton, IN

#7 Nov 11, 2009
I'm sure a report was filled. Reports are filled daily for numerous things at these types of businesses. Anyone that has ever been a family member and cared for someone with special needs knows these sort of things happen even with full attention. It was good idea to call police, they do a great job to help when things get out of hand. It's always a good day when everyone makes it to their bed safely at night.
so sad

Winder, GA

#8 Nov 11, 2009
CAKY could be such a great facility and program but most of the people they hire are not good people. I know some of them have been druggies and they don't do their jobs, some have shown up to the individuals homes drunk and had friends over there and so on. They need to hire trustworthy people who take the job seriously.
not funny

Olive Hill, KY

#9 Nov 11, 2009
wow, who would do such a thing? seriously, do the head of staff not care? I feel for these individuals.
abx

Frankfort, KY

#10 Nov 19, 2009
not funny wrote:
wow, who would do such a thing? seriously, do the head of staff not care? I feel for these individuals.
No.. most of them do not care. All they care about is budget and going on power trips and firing staff who desperatly need a job and wouldnt be able to find another one.

Since: Jun 09

Morehead

#11 Nov 25, 2009
Sadly, the individuals that are the clients are the ones that are hurt the most. Some of these people do not respond well with constant changes in staff and schedules. The more they hire and fire, or they hire and people quit, the more the clients are shuffled and changed around and they are the ones that suffer. Think really hard before to you work at a place like that. IT is hard to deal with and it is stressful, but when you decide it is not for you, then that is another change the clients must live through. This is a job to you, to them it is their life. Don't try to work at a place like that without fully understanding the mental stress it puts you in. I know we all need work and money right now. But, some people are not cut out for this kind of work and should not try it. Making a quick buck to you is a life changing event to the clients.
randy

Danielsville, GA

#12 Nov 25, 2009
sounds like you know alot about caky digruntle employeee maybe??? lol
AHHH

Winder, GA

#13 Nov 25, 2009
a DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE? APPARENTLY ONE WHO ACTUALLY GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THE CLIENTS SEEMS LIKE TO ME !
Wondering

Cleveland, GA

#14 Nov 26, 2009
The Cabinet for Health and Family Services needs to check this place out. FAST!!!!!
snoozy

Ashland, KY

#15 Nov 26, 2009
Uh-mm Maybe a man was trying to cross the road. If you are familiar with that area and know that it's a residence where disable persons might live, you should already have been slowed down. Remember that pedestrians always have the right of way. Call your magistrate and ask for a slow-children playing sign in that area.
snoozy

Ashland, KY

#16 Nov 26, 2009
Shy does every occurance these days have to be a social worker story? Their cheering squad is getting raggedy looking.
curious

Ashland, KY

#17 Nov 26, 2009
Wondering wrote:
The Cabinet for Health and Family Services needs to check this place out. FAST!!!!!
That's for damn sure. I know how that place is run and it has just gotten suckier over time. Protocols aren't being followed, and the employees obviously aren't being monitored by management. If anyone remembers what happened at CPI (Community Presence Inc), well, Caky is headed in that same direction
wow

Grayson, KY

#18 Nov 28, 2009
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That's for damn sure. I know how that place is run and it has just gotten suckier over time. Protocols aren't being followed, and the employees obviously aren't being monitored by management. If anyone remembers what happened at CPI (Community Presence Inc), well, Caky is headed in that same direction
I agree completely. that place is horrible.
gump

Seymour, IN

#19 Dec 17, 2009
I disagree, Ive been there for a long time, and there are alot of caring people that work there.

Since: Dec 09

Cleveland, GA

#20 Dec 20, 2009
Frankly, I am not impressed with them at all. I have a family member that is a client there, and in the past year, I have seen a major decline in their care. As family, we are seriously thinking of looking into alternative placement if things do not change.
they dont care

Morehead, KY

#21 Dec 20, 2009
They hire very few workers that I would call caring or qualified. They are very unprofessional and one of them got arrested not too long ago for AI, disorderly conduct, menacing and resisting arrest. I know of at least once he was at an individuals house after that arrest. I don't know if he is there now but those are the people they employ the most. I wouldn't put my dog in the car with most of them because they drive like maniacs. I have seen 3 out of all the workers who care. The company needs a major overhaul and higher standards for their workers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 29 min Brian_G 11,947
Is Wisdom useful? 2 hr Constitution 101 16
Hookup 3 hr Anonymous 1
Cave Run 3 hr Constitution 101 22
Wisdom.. A man or Woman? 4 hr Constitution 101 1
Wisdom and restrooms 4 hr Constitution 101 184
Larry fannin 4 hr Doc 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages