Snobby parents at Clearfield Elementary

Posted in the Morehead Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hate them

Lexington, KY

#1 Jan 8, 2013
I thought everyone at Clearfield elem. was poor like me. But there are some really snobby parents in my kids class. I guess there are a few parents who have money or think they do and think they can snub and be rude to me. I won't tell their name right now but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
Momma44

Newburgh, IN

#2 Jan 8, 2013
You will find that at every school ! Just go about your business and don't let it get to you.
american

Olive Hill, KY

#3 Jan 8, 2013
There are some very wealthy people that live in the clearfield area.
I agree

Lexington, KY

#4 Jan 9, 2013
The teachers and principal play favorites to the kids they think have money. In my daughters class it is very clear. There a like two families in our class that the parents treated different from us. One is a teacher and the other is just a rich guy I guess. Anyway it is a shame because the kidder to young to have to deep with that.
stupid

Morehead, KY

#5 Jan 9, 2013
I agree wrote:
The teachers and principal play favorites to the kids they think have money. In my daughters class it is very clear. There a like two families in our class that the parents treated different from us. One is a teacher and the other is just a rich guy I guess. Anyway it is a shame because the kidder to young to have to deep with that.
sounds like you're jealous
I agree

Lexington, KY

#6 Jan 9, 2013
A little bit, but not really for me. Just because we don't have a lot doesn't mean my kids are less than anyone else's.
Ann

Lexington, KY

#7 Jan 9, 2013
Hate them wrote:
I thought everyone at Clearfield elem. was poor like me. But there are some really snobby parents in my kids class. I guess there are a few parents who have money or think they do and think they can snub and be rude to me. I won't tell their name right now but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
There's no need to tell their names at all. What good would that do? Absolutely none.

If people are being rude to you, then just ignore those people.

You're just looking to start something. You've already said you hate them, judging by your chosen user name. Get over your insecurities and let it go. Any more time you spend worrying about such an insignificant thing would just be time wasted.
Nothing personal

Lexington, KY

#8 Jan 9, 2013
I wouldn't take it peronally. They probably think you just live around the school.
parent

Nicholasville, KY

#9 Jan 10, 2013
What grade are we talking?
dont hate them

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Jan 10, 2013
I have kids at clearfield too and it seems that kids are either poor or privileged. I've not noticed snobby parents though in fact my thought was just the opposit.
Hate the teachers

Nicholasville, KY

#11 Jan 11, 2013
Don't hate the parents the the teachers. The teachers and principal are the real snobs. If u don't have money you'll never get any attention from anyone there.
KYmom

United States

#12 Jan 17, 2013
I think you all sound pretty pathetic. Get off your ass and get a job instead of sitting behind your computer complaining about your children being treated poorly because you have no money. As far as parents at Clearfield acting snobby I don't see it.
ugh

Paris, KY

#13 Jan 17, 2013
KYmom wrote:
I think you all sound pretty pathetic. Get off your ass and get a job instead of sitting behind your computer complaining about your children being treated poorly because you have no money. As far as parents at Clearfield acting snobby I don't see it.
It's not that they don't have jobs. I speak from experience, as a former student. Both of my parents worked then and now, living paycheck to paycheck, and made enough to pay the bills, put food on the table, and get shoes and clothes as my brother and I grew out of our old ones. We may not have had everything we wanted, but we had everything we needed.

The point is, we didn't have expendable income in our household to put towards school fundraisers and the like. As a result, teachers treated my brother and myself differently than our peers who had more money. Granted, not drastically different, but it was subtle, and we noticed. Our parents were also treated differently.

If people do not speak up, and speak up to the appropriate people, nothing can or will change.

Please do not assume that just because someone is poor, that they do not have a job. When you assume, you only make an ass of you and me.
Thinker

Morehead, KY

#14 Jan 17, 2013
What do you think about Clearfield's Principal?
A Mom

Morehead, KY

#15 Jan 17, 2013
I understand what you are saying. And its true, sad but true..Its at every school here in Rowan Co. Im sure everywhere else to. You just need to keep your head up and know that you are so much better!!! Money sure as hell doesnt make who you are,just what you turn out to be... not much!!!
parent

United States

#16 Jan 18, 2013
This is the biggest load of horse manure as I have ever heard. Post your name if you can back this up otherwise just stop and quit trying to start crap. Put up or shut up.
Hate the teachers wrote:
Don't hate the parents the the teachers. The teachers and principal are the real snobs. If u don't have money you'll never get any attention from anyone there.
Ummmm

Newburgh, IN

#17 Jan 19, 2013
Favoritism in the Rowan County School System is nothing new. If the parents have money and/or standing in the community, their children get an easier ride.
ima parent

Hillsboro, KY

#18 Jan 19, 2013
We really should not worry about snobby parent but how well the schools are educating our children. As a parent of a couple students at clearfield, I am more than impressed with how my kids are taught. I do wish there was more homework though.
rich bitch

Morehead, KY

#19 Jan 19, 2013
clearfield poor parent buy to much dope do not blame rich parents and teachers the pay for your children bills
thought

Morehead, KY

#20 Jan 19, 2013
You can't control how someone else acts but you can definately control how you act. Act with tact, class, and poise. Keep your chin up an nose clean and you'll soon be past the point of caring if people are snobby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min DISSIDENT 166,352
Morehead Inspiration Center (Aug '13) 3 hr Tammy D 47
Family Dollar Distribution 18 hr Tara 23
Roger Hokbrook 19 hr uncle joe 2
Wisdom failed again Wed uncle joe 82
Wisdom stays silent. Wed uncle joe 17
Kim Davis Wed uncle joe 43

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages