Free male pitbull to good home

Free male pitbull to good home

Posted in the Morehead Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pitbull

Olive Hill, KY

#1 May 10, 2011
A black and white male pit bull has shown up at my house. I have had no luck finding the owner. I called STAR and they do not take pit bulls. I also took him to a vet to see if he had a micro chip, with no success. I would like to see if someone wants him before I would have to resort to taking him to the pound. I would like to find him a good home as the pound puts them down after 5 days. If interested, please comment and we will get in touch with you.
pitbull

Morehead, KY

#2 May 10, 2011
is he mean
Pure stupidity

Shepherdsville, KY

#3 May 10, 2011
Sad story, the "owner" is the one who should be put down, but we know what will really happen. Pits are one of the most loyal dogs man has ever known and therein lies their problem, they will do ANYTHING to please their master. Truth be told poodles are hell of a lot meaner than most all well raised pits, but poodles are smaller and less likely to inflict serious damage, so naturally the pit has a way worse reputation.

Like I said, sad.
mark

Morehead, KY

#4 May 11, 2011
you can e-mail me at [email protected] if you still
have him
Pit bull

Pikeville, KY

#5 May 11, 2011
He is very sweet. Kind of timid but he tries to come into out house. He is not mean at all
Pit bull

Pikeville, KY

#6 May 11, 2011
Pure stupidity wrote:
Sad story, the "owner" is the one who should be put down, but we know what will really happen. Pits are one of the most loyal dogs man has ever known and therein lies their problem, they will do ANYTHING to please their master. Truth be told poodles are hell of a lot meaner than most all well raised pits, but poodles are smaller and less likely to inflict serious damage, so naturally the pit has a way worse reputation.
Like I said, sad.
I totally agree! I just can't keep him.
Pit bull

Pikeville, KY

#7 May 11, 2011
mark wrote:
you can e-mail me at [email protected] if you still
have him
I just e-mailed you. Giving you a heads up in case it were to go to your spam folder.
Michael Vick

Gilbertsville, KY

#8 May 11, 2011
I wil take him.
Pit bull

Pikeville, KY

#9 May 11, 2011
Michael Vick wrote:
I wil take him.
What is your contact info?
Wait

Morehead, KY

#10 May 11, 2011
Pit bull wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your contact info?
"Michael Vick" is a football player who was incarcerated for running a pit bull fighting operation. I think that post was intended to be funny, though in very poor taste.
YES

Louisville, KY

#11 May 11, 2011
Wait wrote:
<quoted text>
"Michael Vick" is a football player who was incarcerated for running a pit bull fighting operation. I think that post was intended to be funny, though in very poor taste.
Yea I kinda figured that after the fact. That is pitiful. I am trying to find this dog a GOOD HOME!
Wait

Morehead, KY

#12 May 11, 2011
YES wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea I kinda figured that after the fact. That is pitiful. I am trying to find this dog a GOOD HOME!
Pitiful doesn't even begin to describe a sense of humor like that.

I admire your efforts for trying your best to get this sweet little guy a good home where they will treat him kindly instead of just dumping him with the first person that says they will take him. Unfortunately, we also have to worry about people who will take free dogs to sell them to research labs. I wish you the best of luck. Please let us know if you are successful.
Maggie

Morehead, KY

#13 May 11, 2011
i would be intrested. email me at [email protected] with some more info, me and my boyfriend have been looking for a dog to get
Stuff you need to know

Shepherdsville, KY

#14 May 11, 2011
If you are considering owning a pitbull you need to know,

They are VERY VERY HYPER this does not subside until they are about 4-5 years old.

They LOVE to play and they are usually VERY strong, a simple tug of war game can result in your arm being ripped out of socket, this only applies to frail women and girly boys, no offense just the truth.

They SHOULD be raised around other animals if you expect them to be friendly towards other animals.

They ARE VERY VERY SMART and they will prove this to you in any way they can.

They LOVE TO CHEW get a lot of HEAVY DUTY BONES or kiss your couch, walls, doors, tires, deck anything they can get their jaws on goodbye.

They are EXTREMELY LOYAL AND PROTECTIVE if you are good to your pit he will love you as if you are God almighty, HE WILL NOT like other people putting you in nervous positions, HE or SHE WILL KNOW when this happens. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CONTROL YOUR ANIMAL AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIMES!

Many people are ignorantly prejudiced towards pitbulls and will not like you having one, keep an eye on him or her and take good care of your beloved pet, because there are sick people in this world who will harm your animal just because of what it is.

Pits need to have room to run, if you live in a trailer park or a very enclosed area with no room to play think twice before getting a pitbull.

Pitbulls are one of the most awesome and character filled dogs on the planet and if you take care of your dog he or she will be your best buddy until they are unable to draw air.

Pitbulls ARE NOT MEAN BY NATURE they are just VERY HYPER AND VERY VERY STRONG, you need to keep these things in mind if you have children, I have a pit that was raised with my child since they were both babies, their bond is inseparable and my dog will not let ANYTHING come near my child without making his presence VERY known. I had on incident between my dog and my child, my tail wags my dog and my child found this out the hard way when my dog left a welt on his forehead with his tail, lol. The best thing about that situation is my dog knew and realized what he had done, he went and cuddled up to my child and tried to lick the knot off and when he was done licking away the pain he just rolled over on his belly until my child finally got over being hurt and mad. They are best friends and to watch them together brings tears to my eyes sometimes, it is a true work of Godly art to watch a child and dog be friends and play together.
YES

Louisville, KY

#15 May 11, 2011
Stuff you need to know wrote:
If you are considering owning a pitbull you need to know,
They are VERY VERY HYPER this does not subside until they are about 4-5 years old.
They LOVE to play and they are usually VERY strong, a simple tug of war game can result in your arm being ripped out of socket, this only applies to frail women and girly boys, no offense just the truth.
They SHOULD be raised around other animals if you expect them to be friendly towards other animals.
They ARE VERY VERY SMART and they will prove this to you in any way they can.
They LOVE TO CHEW get a lot of HEAVY DUTY BONES or kiss your couch, walls, doors, tires, deck anything they can get their jaws on goodbye.
They are EXTREMELY LOYAL AND PROTECTIVE if you are good to your pit he will love you as if you are God almighty, HE WILL NOT like other people putting you in nervous positions, HE or SHE WILL KNOW when this happens. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CONTROL YOUR ANIMAL AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIMES!
Many people are ignorantly prejudiced towards pitbulls and will not like you having one, keep an eye on him or her and take good care of your beloved pet, because there are sick people in this world who will harm your animal just because of what it is.
Pits need to have room to run, if you live in a trailer park or a very enclosed area with no room to play think twice before getting a pitbull.
Pitbulls are one of the most awesome and character filled dogs on the planet and if you take care of your dog he or she will be your best buddy until they are unable to draw air.
Pitbulls ARE NOT MEAN BY NATURE they are just VERY HYPER AND VERY VERY STRONG, you need to keep these things in mind if you have children, I have a pit that was raised with my child since they were both babies, their bond is inseparable and my dog will not let ANYTHING come near my child without making his presence VERY known. I had on incident between my dog and my child, my tail wags my dog and my child found this out the hard way when my dog left a welt on his forehead with his tail, lol. The best thing about that situation is my dog knew and realized what he had done, he went and cuddled up to my child and tried to lick the knot off and when he was done licking away the pain he just rolled over on his belly until my child finally got over being hurt and mad. They are best friends and to watch them together brings tears to my eyes sometimes, it is a true work of Godly art to watch a child and dog be friends and play together.
Seriously, I am just trying to find a home for it. At least I am trying to find it a home instead of immediately turning it into the pound to be murdered. It's not my fault t just showed up at my house.
Um hello anybody home

Shepherdsville, KY

#16 May 11, 2011
YES wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, I am just trying to find a home for it. At least I am trying to find it a home instead of immediately turning it into the pound to be murdered. It's not my fault t just showed up at my house.
Do you not see I am trying to help you with your noble goal?
lost one

Olive Hill, KY

#17 May 11, 2011
someone stole my black and white pit a couple months back if you could send me some pics so i can make sure he didnt run away from the person who stole him [email protected]
YES

Louisville, KY

#18 May 11, 2011
lost one wrote:
someone stole my black and white pit a couple months back if you could send me some pics so i can make sure he didnt run away from the person who stole him [email protected]
What area did you live in?
YES

Louisville, KY

#19 May 11, 2011
lost one wrote:
someone stole my black and white pit a couple months back if you could send me some pics so i can make sure he didnt run away from the person who stole him [email protected]
Pictures have been sent
SmithNWesson

Chesterfield, MO

#20 May 11, 2011
I'll send him to a good home....I'll send him to the promise land" total cost .32 cents..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 9 min Jedimaster of All 25,319
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min Waving my flag 161,241
Whats been going on for many years I hope you g... 2 hr Watchman for the ... 4
What, and how, to look out for Soon, and who is... 2 hr Watchman for the ... 11
Non-denominational spiritual center 2 hr Allethia 32
Puppymill in Morehead (Dec '09) 5 hr Sam 41
Lakeside Christian Academy (Aug '15) 8 hr not an LCA fan 18

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages