First Prev
of 3
Next Last
New Student

Elkton, KY

#1 Aug 15, 2011
I am a new student who will be attending MSU this fall (Starts August 22). I was wondering, which dorm building is the best? I was assigned Cooper, does anyone know if this is a good dorm building or does it have problems? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
whoa

United States

#2 Aug 15, 2011
Cooper is kinda dumpy(mold issues),good luck with that.
dorm dude

Morehead, KY

#3 Aug 15, 2011
New Student wrote:
I am a new student who will be attending MSU this fall (Starts August 22). I was wondering, which dorm building is the best? I was assigned Cooper, does anyone know if this is a good dorm building or does it have problems? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Depends. If male then Alumni is newly renovated. If female then NunnHall is newly renovated.
car

Morehead, KY

#4 Aug 15, 2011
New Student wrote:
Well it was closed the last two semesters I was there...not sure why. Personally nunn is beautiful love the study hall and the newly renovated one mignon tower I heard got new beds and. Alumni is nice but there are a lot of fire alarms but it's a big plus thT you can ride the elevator down and you can get breakfast or lunch :)
ewww

Olive Hill, KY

#5 Aug 15, 2011
whoa wrote:
Cooper is kinda dumpy(mold issues),good luck with that.
Mold?????? How can they legally or morally have ppl stay in a dorm with mold issues?
student

Morehead, KY

#6 Aug 15, 2011
Pretty much any dorm that hasn't been renovated has mold. Cooper has been known to just be a gross dorm, its kind of part of the experience. Dorms are dorms, thats just the way it is.
Well

Morehead, KY

#7 Aug 16, 2011
Cooper is called the ghetto. You'll find out why. If you want a "brand new" feel go with Nunn or Mignon Tower that have been renovated recently. They might be reserved for upper classmen though. Go for any of the other Mignon 4-person suites if you can.
haha

Morehead, KY

#8 Aug 16, 2011
ewww wrote:
<quoted text>
Mold?????? How can they legally or morally have ppl stay in a dorm with mold issues?
If nasty college students hadn't spilled their beer and not clean their rooms afterword then there wouldn't be mold issues. Bleach is not expensive. Besides that, you are in college, not at the Ritz! Get over it and clean you rooms!
mold

Olive Hill, KY

#9 Aug 16, 2011
haha wrote:
<quoted text>If nasty college students hadn't spilled their beer and not clean their rooms afterword then there wouldn't be mold issues. Bleach is not expensive. Besides that, you are in college, not at the Ritz! Get over it and clean you rooms!
You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are ya?
New Student

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Aug 16, 2011
I hope if there is mold in Cooper, that they have gotten rid of it before I move in. I am pretty allergic to mold (not to the point throat swells and can't breath, though). Besides the apparent mold, anything else bad about Cooper?
haha

Morehead, KY

#11 Aug 16, 2011
New Student wrote:
I hope if there is mold in Cooper, that they have gotten rid of it before I move in. I am pretty allergic to mold (not to the point throat swells and can't breath, though). Besides the apparent mold, anything else bad about Cooper?
Get over it. Take meds. Wear a mask. It isn't the Ritz. If you don't like it, buy a tent!
MSU Student

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Aug 16, 2011
haha wrote:
<quoted text>Get over it. Take meds. Wear a mask. It isn't the Ritz. If you don't like it, buy a tent!
There wasn't any need to rude buddy. I was merely stating I'm quite allergic to it, and FYI, I DO take medicine. I didn't say I wanted a 5-star hotel room going on in my dorm room. People shouldn't be subjected to living conditions that can affect their health!
pyscho

Morehead, KY

#13 Aug 16, 2011
MSU Student wrote:
<quoted text>
There wasn't any need to rude buddy. I was merely stating I'm quite allergic to it, and FYI, I DO take medicine. I didn't say I wanted a 5-star hotel room going on in my dorm room. People shouldn't be subjected to living conditions that can affect their health!
its probably haunted.
New Student

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Aug 16, 2011
What, the mold? hahaha. Yeah, I'd hate to be sleeping and be awakened by mold mysteriously floating around my room.
Wesley Willis

United States

#15 Aug 16, 2011
I'd go with the Mignons or Nunn. It nice having a private Bathroom.
jacob

Salyersville, KY

#17 Aug 16, 2011
This will be my 4th semester commuting because of how bad i hated living in the dorms. For what you pay you can rent an apt. They are all preety rough after the first month i guess its another reason calling it the dorm experience good luck though.

Since: Dec 09

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#18 Aug 17, 2011
All the dorms have one problem some students who think they have a right to make everybody else's life misery. If they are still doing things like they were several years ago.

Cooper: Public bathrooms, would be a freshmen dorm, they party, puke, pee in the halls and rooms, break beer bottles / glass in the showers, puke and break glass in the bathrooms and raise cane or worse. If they still have freshmen dorms they all seemed to be like this some of these people have never been away from home and donít know how to act until you slap the sh*t out of them a few times. I had to tell them more than once to let me sleep or they would get payback, had to beat down five of them at once because they were thinking they were bad boys. I was the one that got in trouble over that one, but three days without any sleep just got to me.
Regents: Public bathrooms, If it is still open it was the same as Cooper.
Mignon Tower: Private bathrooms, A little better, some parties, three fire alarms or more a week at night mostly on the weekend, people breaking rules but overall not too bad. Some pretty heavy party people on some floors.

Mignons: Private bathrooms, not sure if any have gone coed but when they were all female they would slip males in the dorms at the ends of the halls and set off the fire alarm multi times a week / multi times a night, lot of males and females drunk on the weekends around the area of Mignons and Mignon tower, this area was the party center at night and on weekends.

Nun: big dorm seems like it was a pretty good dorm a few years ago don't know if it is now. Have been inside it to visit but do not remember if it had private or public bathrooms. Seem to remember private but not sure.

Cartmel: Public bathrooms, this dorm was a nut house when I was there, you feel like you are closed up in a jail of some kind. They had a lot of depressed people living there when I was on campus.

Waterfield: Public bathrooms, If I remember right this is where all the trouble makers ended up at. Very wild, woolly place, Wild West kind of place. Iíve have to say that some pretty nutty stuff goes on in this dorm or did when I was there.

Allumni Tower: Public bathrooms, I don't know how it is now but that was where most of the jocks lived. Lot of intimidation went on. But overall pretty good dorm. This dorm has a cafeteria in the lower section. Some of the party people break glass in the showers on some floors.
And last but not least is the Gay / Queer population loud, vocal and very offensive at times. If you have a choice get into one of the dorms with private bathrooms and with people you know. It was very offensive to me when the gays would come into the bathrooms or showers and stare at me when I was trying to shave or get cleaned up. Also this place is a suitcase collage, most people leave on the weekends so you may feel lonely if you donít make many friends.
OG Loc

Morehead, KY

#19 Aug 19, 2011
Hit me up for sum sexy pictures of MSU women.
abcd

Morehead, KY

#20 Aug 20, 2011
OG Loc wrote:
Hit me up for sum sexy pictures of MSU women.
@deray How long has it been since you've been on the MSU campus? Regents no longer exists. It and Wilson were torn down more than 2 years ago to make room for the new recreation center. Waterfield is no longer used for housing...it's used for offices.
efgh

Morehead, KY

#21 Aug 20, 2011
abcd wrote:
<quoted text>
@deray How long has it been since you've been on the MSU campus? Regents no longer exists. It and Wilson were torn down more than 2 years ago to make room for the new recreation center. Waterfield is no longer used for housing...it's used for offices.
Couldn't resist that name. Anyway, it has been awhile for me but Regents and Wilson should have been torn down when I was in college 20+ years ago. Party central.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why can a fat woman get a skinny man, but a fat... (Nov '11) 33 min simple 32
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 36 min Fa-Foxy 271
Another Rowan Co Roundup 2 hr angie 5
This can't be true 3 hr The Truth 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr ChromiuMan 141,455
No More Free Speech or Religion 4 hr Debbie Downer 27
Strait pride rally 5 hr Yup 8
More from around the web

Morehead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages