Midnight Taxi delivering alcohol, isn...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yeah

Jackson, KY

#24 Oct 23, 2012
anonymous wrote:
There is a investigation- the state patrol. in ky it is a felony to distribute alcohol without a license to do so, ATF ( alcohol tobacco and firearms)
However,it is not a felony to deliver alcohol. Everyone's trying to make the cab service at fault when there is no wrongs being done. I think the people working for the company know the laws. Seems like we have so many people who are itching to get them shut down. Why? IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO DELIVER ALCOHOL TO PEOPLE! They aren't overcharging for the alcohol, so what is the big deal? What is getting everyone so tore up? Dont get yalls panties in a wad people and for God's sake worry about yourself and your own.
sheesh

Morehead, KY

#25 Oct 23, 2012
anonymous wrote:
there is a investigation, it has caught the attention of the state patrol- it shouldnt be long cause it is a felony in ky to distribute alcohol without proper license to do so in attempt to profit - this is what ATF specializes in,(alcohol tobacco and firearms)
What a dweeb! There is no "attempt to profit" here. They are providing a delivery service. The money they make is from the delivery of an item, not an upcharge on the item they are delivering. As long as they are having the person pay the actual price of the item plus the same cost that it would be had they taken the person to the store and returned them, it should be fine. What difference does it make if you take the person to the item or the item to the person if the money you make off the trip is the same? Get a life!
chris

Morehead, KY

#26 Oct 24, 2012
seriously? what is your problem? i dont know who you are buy i know you're full of sh1t leave me alone. considering there has been one person even call in the last week asking for alcohol and i told them we couldn't do it. we do not deliver alcohol or cigarettes. if you have anything else to say put your name down coward
confused

Morehead, KY

#27 Oct 24, 2012
chris wrote:
seriously? what is your problem? i dont know who you are buy i know you're full of sh1t leave me alone. considering there has been one person even call in the last week asking for alcohol and i told them we couldn't do it. we do not deliver alcohol or cigarettes. if you have anything else to say put your name down coward
Are you saying that you are the chris that works for the taxi and that the chris that posted in #5 that said he worked there is not you? So the taxi company doesn't deliver?
Really

Morehead, KY

#28 Oct 26, 2012
Let's see. You think the ATF gives a shit about some taxi driver in Morehead, KY delivering beer to drunks? Really, do you? Thank you for explaining what the ATF is and does, most us are not as smart as you and have no idea what the ATF is. You are doing us a public service informing us what the ATF's job is and working so hard to get these beer delivering, un-American, taxi-driving pieces of shit off road. Really, we do appreciate it. I am so impressed with your expansive grasp of the law as well. You show that in informing us that it is a felony in KY to distribute alcohol without a proper license and attempt to profit - but what the hell does that have to do with the ATF? They are federal? And you don't think the ATF does not have their hands full with really serious shit? You know, like protecting America shit instead of worrying about some taxi driver in Morehead delivering beer? Honestly are you a nut or what? And you think the KY police - who you mention in another post - are have the time to come down on taxi drives who deliver beer?? The clean up the messes drunk drivers make and I bet most certainly have an opinion on drunk drivers. Do you think they would come down on a taxi driver who was keeping a drunk off the road? Good sense tells us all that a taxi driver delivering beer to a drunk is not a bad idea. And, you think the taxi drivers are in business to deliver beer? I bet they all go into the job thinking they are going to get rich "bootlegging" a beer to drunks. Perhaps, you should get a life. Perhaps you should attend to your own moral house before throwing stones. If you feel so strongly about this "problem", why don't you go on down to the state police station or Morehead police station and talk to them about it. Or, your could call the ATF and have a chat ... I am sure they are VERY interested in this transgression of the law.
anonymous wrote:
there is a investigation, it has caught the attention of the state patrol- it shouldnt be long cause it is a felony in ky to distribute alcohol without proper license to do so in attempt to profit - this is what ATF specializes in,(alcohol tobacco and firearms)
URARETARD

Morehead, KY

#29 Oct 26, 2012
Really wrote:
Let's see. You think the ATF gives a shit about some taxi driver in Morehead, KY delivering beer to drunks? Really, do you? Thank you for explaining what the ATF is and does, most us are not as smart as you and have no idea what the ATF is. You are doing us a public service informing us what the ATF's job is and working so hard to get these beer delivering, un-American, taxi-driving pieces of shit off road. Really, we do appreciate it. I am so impressed with your expansive grasp of the law as well. You show that in informing us that it is a felony in KY to distribute alcohol without a proper license and attempt to profit - but what the hell does that have to do with the ATF? They are federal? And you don't think the ATF does not have their hands full with really serious shit? You know, like protecting America shit instead of worrying about some taxi driver in Morehead delivering beer? Honestly are you a nut or what? And you think the KY police - who you mention in another post - are have the time to come down on taxi drives who deliver beer?? The clean up the messes drunk drivers make and I bet most certainly have an opinion on drunk drivers. Do you think they would come down on a taxi driver who was keeping a drunk off the road? Good sense tells us all that a taxi driver delivering beer to a drunk is not a bad idea. And, you think the taxi drivers are in business to deliver beer? I bet they all go into the job thinking they are going to get rich "bootlegging" a beer to drunks. Perhaps, you should get a life. Perhaps you should attend to your own moral house before throwing stones. If you feel so strongly about this "problem", why don't you go on down to the state police station or Morehead police station and talk to them about it. Or, your could call the ATF and have a chat ... I am sure they are VERY interested in this transgression of the law.
<quoted text>
What do you care what that person posted? I personally think they should be investigated. If the damned drunks can't stay sober long enough to get their own alcohol they don't need it delivered to them. They're probably milking the system anyway spending our hard earned tax dollars they recieve in welfare checks to get the bloody alcohol. People are so ignorant. If you don't like what that person had to say why even respond? Because you think you're better than them. You're a fucking loser and you know it. That damned taxi should be investigated - god knows what else they're delivering!
unreal

Morehead, KY

#30 Oct 27, 2012
URARETARD wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you care what that person posted? I personally think they should be investigated. If the damned drunks can't stay sober long enough to get their own alcohol they don't need it delivered to them. They're probably milking the system anyway spending our hard earned tax dollars they recieve in welfare checks to get the bloody alcohol. People are so ignorant. If you don't like what that person had to say why even respond? Because you think you're better than them. You're a fucking loser and you know it. That damned taxi should be investigated - god knows what else they're delivering!
"If you don't like what that person had to say why even respond?"

The same could be said for you. This is a forum, to discuss both sides of issues presented. It would be a very boring discussion if everyone agreed. I personally appreciated the information that the poster you quoted presented. Being informed means knowing the facts of both sides, then forming your opinion as to whether or not it is right or wrong.
Read It

Morehead, KY

#31 Oct 28, 2012
KRS 242.230(1) ILLEGAL SALE/GIVE ALCOHOL, DRY TERRITORY-1ST & 2ND OFFENSE - MISDEMEANOR, 3rd OFFENSE - FELONY
That is sale OR GIVE!
yeah

Jackson, KY

#32 Oct 28, 2012
I agree with "Really". What is the big deal? Why cant people just leave other people alone? Why cant people be happy and actually support this idea - because it is a good idea.
duh

Morehead, KY

#33 Oct 28, 2012
Read It wrote:
KRS 242.230(1) ILLEGAL SALE/GIVE ALCOHOL, DRY TERRITORY-1ST & 2ND OFFENSE - MISDEMEANOR, 3rd OFFENSE - FELONY
That is sale OR GIVE!
You should "Read It", you missed the part about "dry territory". Rowan County is not dry.
duh

Morehead, KY

#34 Oct 28, 2012
Correction, meant to say Morehead is not dry, Rowan County is.
the bigger picture

Morehead, KY

#35 Nov 7, 2012
Let's look at the issue from outside the box...if they are delivering booze illegally, the only way they can be arrested and charged is if they are caught in the act of distributing it...which in order for that to happen there would have to be a separate police officer follow each and every one of them around for hours, days, or even weeks (assuming they are to dumb to figure out they are being followed by a cop) in the slim hopes of catching one them actually handing the alcohol over...idk about the rest of you, but I can think of a lot of other things I'd rather see the police investigating...and I would also like to know that my tax payer dollars are going toward more productive things
No Harm Done

Morehead, KY

#36 Jan 27, 2013
anonymous wrote:
If there is no Markup On the price of the alcohol How can there be a profit made from the alcohol the only fee is for the time and milege of taxi. that is with in the normal taxi rates. I have used a taxi for this service in Tnn. and there was never a problem there.
Ditto

Palm City, FL

#37 Jan 27, 2013
No Harm Done wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no Markup On the price of the alcohol How can there be a profit made from the alcohol the only fee is for the time and milege of taxi. that is with in the normal taxi rates. I have used a taxi for this service in Tnn. and there was never a problem there.
That same fact was brought up earlier in this thread by others. The sad fact is that once again it is just a case of some ignorant nosy person with too much time on their hands trying to stir up trouble by making a mountain out of a mole hill. If this service is, in fact, being offered, I'm all for it. Anything that will keep the inebriated off the roads where they put others at risk is a good thing in my opinion.
Keith

Morehead, KY

#38 Jan 27, 2013
DUI-DWI wrote:
Delivering drinks and smokes will help keep drunks off the highway. Delivering pizza helps also. Don't forget to deliver condoms as well.
Delivering drinks and smokes and fast food to drunks will cut down on the revenue the court sees for DUI fees. Don't forget to deliver lube as well.
Boots

Dahlonega, GA

#39 Jan 28, 2013
Thank you taxi driver I would say you might saved a life or two by doing this .A alcoholic will get it one way or another.Yes, you sure are doing the public a big favor by taking the alcohol to someone.
chris wrote:
I'm the driver and trust me we are doing the community a favor. The only people we deliver to are hardcore alcoholics who have no business in public. If we didn't do it they would find another way. And all we charge is the taxi fare which is actually cheaper than what it would cost to get picked and taken to the liquor store. Sorry if anyone was offended. My guess is this is a personal attack and if that's the case I'm not sure who you are but I'm sorry.
Samantha- Former Driver

Morehead, KY

#41 Jan 29, 2013
I used to Drive for the Taxi service in question, and trust me WE AS THE DRIVERS WERE DOING YOU (THE COMMUNITY) A major service. The regulars in which we delivered to, were something you would not want driving to get their alcohol, nor walking around wal-mart or anywhere else to get it. It was quicker for us, cheaper for the customer, and safer for the community. They called gave us an order, we went picked it up, took it to them got paid back exactly what we paid for it then the 10.00 Taxi fair. Which if we had went and got them, we would have had 10.00 for taking them to and 10 for bringing them back. But we would have to wait, or drop them off. Trust me you wouldn't want this. The taxi service stays busy on a regular basis, we would do this with small orders oftne, which included food, alcohol, cigs, and other small things even toilet paper once. We never charged more for the item then what we paid, would simply give them the receipt, they pay us back and the fair, almost what alot of you do daily for friends minus the taxi fair. There is nothing illegal going on with the taxi. We deal with more crap then you would care to question. We keep you safe and you really owe the taxi service an apology and a thank YOu, Do you know how many drunks are transported from the bars on thursday friday and saturday nights, ALOT TRUST ME, every driver is on the job fitting as many as can per carload TO KEEP YOU SAFE, Did I Always enjoy dealing with the drunks Lord no, but it is a job and your doing something good in time being.I bet that Taxi has saved so many people, its not funny. Do you know what happens if that taxi isn't quick enough with those bar runs, those drivers get in the car and drive away. Then a wreck happens two miles down the road killing three innocent people. So think on that one for a minute, Im not sure of all the current drivers, but Chris and Adam work their butts off keeping you safe and don't deserve all this for sure. And to the hotel worker, do you know how many times we show up at those places 10 minutes after the call and no one is there, yea Thought so. The taxi isn't always sitting still waiting on a call. Yes there is a line sometimes, and everyone must wait, sorry but thats the way it works, they have to follow all laws including the speed limit. Its not like we can fly over other cars jsut saying. Midnight Taxi I thank you, you keep myself safe after I get off work, you keep my child safe by drivign those drunks where they wanna go, and take them their alcohol. Thank you, continue the good work guys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 4 min Please do not com... 1,646
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min so true 142,361
City Of Morehead Public Works 2 hr Certified Employee 3
Cheaper gas 12 hr gasoholic 1
Here comes inflation.... 14 hr truth10 12
Robbie Mynhier 15 hr Jeff 1
Hateful Cashier in the area! 17 hr Big Mac 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages