Just Saying

Olive Hill, KY

#1 Jan 11, 2012
Thirty days from now Food Lion will be nonexistent. They are closing the doors.
Hope Not

Morehead, KY

#2 Jan 11, 2012
Really? Where does your info come from? I like shopping there...
Thats BS

Morehead, KY

#3 Jan 11, 2012
I have family that works there and they haven't said anything about food lion closing.
abc

Morehead, KY

#4 Jan 11, 2012
It's true, employees are my friends, 30 days or less
Just Saying

Olive Hill, KY

#5 Jan 12, 2012
They are closing. They will be closing the doors in about 30 days.
Swoosh

Olive Hill, KY

#6 Jan 12, 2012
That was a beautiful store, I am saddened they are closing. It was obvious they weren't getting enough business.
Just Saying

Olive Hill, KY

#7 Jan 12, 2012
Food Lion will be marking down their inventory. I wish they were not closing but they are. I shop there often, enjoy the atmosphere. They are shutting down stores all over the states not just this one in Morehead.
Thats BS

Morehead, KY

#8 Jan 12, 2012
I talked to my family who works out there and was told it is true! I am so sorry to hear this and sorry I doubted the truth of the original poster. I hope everyone involved finds work soon.
my 2 cents worth

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Jan 12, 2012
Heard this on Lexington news today...will be closing 7 stores in KY...Morehead is one of them.
wisdom

Hamilton, OH

#11 Jan 12, 2012
OK, now you will be down to 2....hopefully they can keep up in the events of runs on the store.
Sorry

Morehead, KY

#12 Jan 13, 2012
well ... three counting Sav-A-Lot

Since: Sep 08

Grayson, KY

#14 Jan 14, 2012
this is obama's fault, or at least the islamic templars and the chinese are to blame. If we could just get our special ops guys or drones zeroed in on Onotsomuch bin Shoppen, the terrorist that is the chief chef of the islamic templars cookbook of disaster for this nation, then food lion could stay open, but he is hiding in a compound sentence somewhere, which is the ultimate confusion for us amerikans. It all started when they started putting milk in them plastic conjugations instead of that good old amerikan glass, or at least that was one of the signs of trouble to come, a lack of vision so to speak.

a buddha said, who dat say what dat when I say why dat, or something like dat.
drownin in footware

Grayson, KY

#15 Jan 14, 2012
they are still posting for job positions on online job sites... oddd.
u stupid

Olive Hill, KY

#16 Jan 15, 2012
I know for a fact they will be going out of business on feb 13 the same day cracker barrel opens
goingout

Morehead, KY

#17 Jan 16, 2012
Sale of their inventory starts the 18th ... sign on their door. List of stores closing is all over the internet and Morehead is on the list. They are gone.

Is Sloan's next?
drownin in footware

Morehead, KY

#18 Jan 16, 2012
Well I guess I'll be hittin up Food Lion on the 18th.... in the evening.
morehead resident

Chesapeake, OH

#19 Jan 17, 2012
goingout wrote:
Sale of their inventory starts the 18th ... sign on their door. List of stores closing is all over the internet and Morehead is on the list. They are gone.
Is Sloan's next?

Why would Sloan's close just because Food Lion closed. If anything Sloan's will pick up even more business than it already has. The Sloans store does better business than food lion with lower overhead costs.
goingout

Morehead, KY

#20 Jan 18, 2012
You must not have been in Sloan's lately :)

I was not suggesting the two were related ... just that they were happening at the same time.

I wish someone could explain to me why Sloan's is on hard times ... they still have lots of customers even though they have less and less to sell each day. Doesn't make much sense to me. I sure hope whatever is going on gets fixed because I am going to really miss Sloan's if it folds. Looks like a cash flow issue .. but why all of a sudden?
morehead resident wrote:
<quoted text>.
Why would Sloan's close just because Food Lion closed. If anything Sloan's will pick up even more business than it already has. The Sloans store does better business than food lion with lower overhead costs.
sloans shopper

Port Deposit, MD

#21 Jan 19, 2012
Some of the other stores that were owned by sloans were losing money which has caused the chain to have cash flow issues. But the Morehead store does a good business. Some other company will buy it b/c it is too good of a store to close. I heard it was doing more than Food Lion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
liberals and you other idiots 11 min Wisdom 38
Loni Elam (Feb '12) 36 min a friend 7
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr lides 22,359
rob mynhier tammy ricer 4 hr Monkeybones 10
Kevin (Sep '15) 11 hr I saw you 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 hr Secularist 156,440
Broken Hearted 21 hr Brenda 5

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages