Operation Santa Intimidation

Operation Santa Intimidation

Posted in the Morehead Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#1 Dec 7, 2012
I was going to be a santa helper, but it requires more identification than it does to vote for the president of the United States. I was so intimidated by the process, I chose not to participate.
I am one of many of the disenfranchised, I think my rights may have been violated.

The Operation Santa Claus rules are as follows:

All "Dear Santa" letters are to be picked up at a post office in person. "Dear Santa" letters will no longer be sent out by mail and telephone requests are no longer accepted.

Companies and organizations can pick up letters>> by appointment only with your local post office if that facility has "Dear Santa" letters available. You will***->-> need to present a letter of introduction on company letterhead ***->->and a valid ID.

Individuals wishing to answer "Dear Santa" letters are not required to make an appointment. Please contact your local postmaster to see if Operation Santa Claus is available in your area at this time.

All "Dear Santa" helpers must agree with the USPS Privacy Act Statement listed on the PS Form 6012-1 (Operation Santa Letter Adoption Individual) and PS Form 6012 (Operation Santa Letter Adoption Third Party).

All "Dear Santa" helpers are required to show one piece of acceptable identification.
Observer

Richmond, KY

#2 Dec 7, 2012
I am thankful they found you out and eliminated you before you scared some poor child to death. I hope you dont get your mink dusty when you drive past the neighborhoods where those "poor people" live
yup

Lexington, KY

#3 Dec 7, 2012
Observer wrote:
I am thankful they found you out and eliminated you before you scared some poor child to death. I hope you dont get your mink dusty when you drive past the neighborhoods where those "poor people" live
Agreed, sounds like they managed to weed out the 'riff raff' before she had the chance to disillusion some poor innocent little child's Christmas hopes and dreams. Good call on their part.
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#4 Dec 8, 2012
What you low information individuals fail to have noted is that it takes more personal and "official" information to give a gift than it does to influence the direction of the country.

I guess for those who wish to vote themselves a gift, the less personal I.D. that is required, the more the unscrupulous can vote in support of governmental personal gifts.

Sadly intellectual irony is wasted on you.
facts

Lexington, KY

#5 Dec 8, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
What you low information individuals fail to have noted is that it takes more personal and "official" information to give a gift than it does to influence the direction of the country.
I guess for those who wish to vote themselves a gift, the less personal I.D. that is required, the more the unscrupulous can vote in support of governmental personal gifts.
Sadly intellectual irony is wasted on you.
Someone who feels the need to continually belittle those who disagree with them is not one who should be taken seriously. Just because we have different views does not mean that we are uneducated or ill-informed, but your response speaks volumes about the type of person you are.
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#6 Dec 8, 2012
Simply addressing those who responded. No inkling of sounding informed.
facts

Lexington, KY

#7 Dec 8, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
Simply addressing those who responded. No inkling of sounding informed.
Seriously? In this age of children frequently falling prey to pedophiles (or worse), you do not think that it is prudent for the organization to require legitimate identification for the people that they turn over the letters of little children to that contain names, addresses and perhaps other identifying information? By handing out that information indiscriminately, no matter how well intended, in the wrong hands they could be putting those children at risk. I am personally glad that they take the extra effort to make sure that they are not handing out that information willy-nilly to any Tom, Dick or Harry that calls or comes in to offer to "help". And if that requirement offends you, oh well!
exactly

Gilbertsville, KY

#8 Dec 8, 2012
facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? In this age of children frequently falling prey to pedophiles (or worse), you do not think that it is prudent for the organization to require legitimate identification for the people that they turn over the letters of little children to that contain names, addresses and perhaps other identifying information? By handing out that information indiscriminately, no matter how well intended, in the wrong hands they could be putting those children at risk. I am personally glad that they take the extra effort to make sure that they are not handing out that information willy-nilly to any Tom, Dick or Harry that calls or comes in to offer to "help". And if that requirement offends you, oh well!
This is exactly what i thought!!! Well said.
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#9 Dec 8, 2012
Seriously in this age of repeat voters and shipped in voters as well as paid voters, do you not think that voting for the direction of our country should AT LEAST REQUIRE VOTER ID ????

It should not even require an ID to give an organization children's gifts, as the giver has NO CONTACT WITH THE RECIPIENTS.
facts

Lexington, KY

#10 Dec 8, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
Seriously in this age of repeat voters and shipped in voters as well as paid voters, do you not think that voting for the direction of our country should AT LEAST REQUIRE VOTER ID ????
It should not even require an ID to give an organization children's gifts, as the giver has NO CONTACT WITH THE RECIPIENTS.
Please reread your own post. It is not about giving an orginazation children's gifts, what you quoted is about getting and helping with their letters to Santa! It specifies letters in at least 3 paragraphs. You indicated outrage at the requirements for voluteering to be a helper for those children's letters, which has nothing to do with what the government requires for voting. My concern is for the CHILDREN.
ROFL

Morehead, KY

#11 Dec 9, 2012
facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Please reread your own post. It is not about giving an orginazation children's gifts, what you quoted is about getting and helping with their letters to Santa! It specifies letters in at least 3 paragraphs. You indicated outrage at the requirements for voluteering to be a helper for those children's letters, which has nothing to do with what the government requires for voting. My concern is for the CHILDREN.
You are absolutely right! You got her on that one, now I know for sure that she just cuts and pastes for shock value without ever even reading the entire article. So typical!
single payer

Ashland, KY

#12 Dec 9, 2012
Those rules say if you are representing a company or organization you need an id. Individuals just need to check with their post office. That's the way it is worded anyways.
single payer

Ashland, KY

#13 Dec 9, 2012
Upon further review you must show id as an individual also or the request is denied.
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#14 Dec 9, 2012
YOU DOLTS DOUBT ME ????
understatement

Morehead, KY

#15 Dec 9, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
YOU DOLTS DOUBT ME ????
That's an understatement. It's all in black and white in your own post. You lose.
hah

Morehead, KY

#16 Dec 9, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
TACTIC OF NAME CALLING AND ATTACKING THE POSTER.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/morehead-ky/T...
Wisdom wrote:
YOU DOLTS DOUBT ME ????
Hypocrite.
Enlightened

Morehead, KY

#17 Dec 9, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
YOU DOLTS DOUBT ME ????
Wisdom, you lose credibility with each and every post.
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#18 Dec 9, 2012
I am not worried about your perception, I simply post the truth. You can chose to believe or hide your head in your safe "spot". I am avast at the double standards of sensitivities of the liberals...when someone posts that I should be beat like a rented mule, and no defense is offered, yet when I call an individual who posts counter-messages within 4 minutes,(because a lack of their reading abilities due to clouded judgement), a DOLT, you say I lose credibility.

GIVE ME A BREAK. The truth has no agenda and there is a difference between being ignorant and being stupid. I see more of the latter exhibited by many posters on this site-just go look at the Topix headings, and then try to disagree.
hah

Morehead, KY

#19 Dec 9, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
The truth has no agenda
You speak opinion, not truth, although you may view yourself as a Republican prophet.
Enlightened

Morehead, KY

#20 Dec 9, 2012
Wisdom, nothing changes the fact that you had no idea of the actual facts in the post that you started this thread with. That in itself leaves all of your cut and paste posts suspect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Mike Duquette 141,196
Kim Davis 15 min Cornfused 24
No More Free Speech or Religion 2 hr MrsGladToBeMe 18
Jeff Wallace 10 hr turtleman 9
Mitch McConnell calls for removal of Jefferson ... 11 hr Cornfused 44
Who will win Mayors race (Feb '14) 14 hr what 21
Where is a good place to get a big, juicy hambu... 18 hr toddmosis 19
More from around the web

Morehead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages