Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

ProvenScience

London, KY

#108056 Jul 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Name some of the Christian principles this nation was founded upon?
WhoDUH thunk it.

Q: What building in Washington D.C. has the ten commandments on the front?

A: The Capitol Building in Washington, DC has the 10 Commandments sprawled across the front of it.

And please do not even start trying to deface historical monuments of this nation just because you might not like them.(because tat kinda stuff is REALLLLLY @ Talibanish THUG Mental_ity level.)
Thank you.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108057 Jul 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have answered these questions and you have yet to rebut my response.
Man up and answer some simple questions.
It is a complex question that you tried to answer with a Cutnpaste from yahoo answeres.
That havinfg failed,you inserted ape penises and vaginas into the topic.
That failed.
Now you state what we already knew.
Only a far superior intellect can answer the question that neither Science ,evolution, Einstein,Hawkins or dawkins or human intelligence has an answer for.
We knew the answer all along.
The loving god who creared us and he by whom all things were created,Our lord, Jesus Christ,they have and are the answer
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108058 Jul 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That is a complex question, so why would you think I know the answer?
I can't get you to answer simple questions and here you are asking something only a few highly educated persons might be able to answer, if the answer is even known.
And as I said, if it is not yet known, does that mean your mass murdering god did it? Hell no.
Posted answer on wrong post...Sorry

It is a complex question that you tried to answer with a Cutnpaste from yahoo answeres.
That havinfg failed,you inserted ape penises and vaginas into the topic.
That failed.
Now you state what we already knew.
Only a far superior intellect can answer the question that neither Science ,evolution, Einstein,Hawkins or dawkins or human intelligence has an answer for.
We knew the answer all along.
The loving god who creared us and he by whom all things were created,Our lord, Jesus Christ,they have and are the answer

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#108059 Jul 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who says they don't teach it as a theory? And you might wish to look up the word "fact" as you clearly do not really understand the definition. Also, look up the phrase "scientific theory" and the word "theory" to see the difference.
How many times this must be pointed out to you in order for you to learn is astounding.
I went back to Webster and it seems my understanding of the definition of these terms is just fine. So I'm still right that fact should be taught as fact and theory should be taught as theory.

If you want to know who I was talking to on this topic, read through the discussion you joined.

Location hidden

#108060 Jul 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Look up the word "proven" dude. You sound so darned ignorant now it is driving me nuts.
You might think you know what these words mean, but it is clear you use them in a such sloppy manner to the point you sound uneducated.
Learn to use words properly so we can have an intellectual conversation. At this point I feel I am speaking to a child.
My definitions are fine. My use of these words are fine. You like to say that because there is some evidence for something, it is fact or truth.
There have been many innocent people sentenced to death because of court cases that have evidence that point to that person's guilt.
We all know that different evidence can emerge in the world of science, and then a theory may change or become obsolete.
WeNeedGodBackinA merica

Tampa, FL

#108061 Jul 5, 2013
 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
Morgan Freeman

Lubbock, TX

#108062 Jul 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That is a complex question, so why would you think I know the answer?
I can't get you to answer simple questions and here you are asking something only a few highly educated persons might be able to answer, if the answer is even known.
And as I said, if it is not yet known, does that mean your mass murdering god did it? Hell no.
to: curious
Male and female do not have equal contribution. In FACT, the male sex chromosome is degrading, and may one day be completely diminished. Evolution is about surviving, and to survive, you must provide what the female cannot. This is learned not through communication, but by an inner will put in place long before religion was CREATED. It is not a design, did not come from an angry book of instructions, it is simply what happens, aka evolution.
confused

Elizabethtown, KY

#108063 Jul 5, 2013
WeNeedGodBackinAmerica wrote:
 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
Who are you talking to? "Bless them" suggests you are talking to a god, but I was unaware that you guys ask god to "pray" too.
WeNeedGodBackinA merica

Tampa, FL

#108064 Jul 5, 2013
To confused

Who is you guys
confused

Elizabethtown, KY

#108065 Jul 5, 2013
Never can answer a question first, eh? "you guys" refers to you guys who pray to a god. While you're going about answering the last question I asked you, please also include an answer to "who exactly would your god pray to?".
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#108066 Jul 5, 2013
confused wrote:
Never can answer a question first, eh? "you guys" refers to you guys who pray to a god. While you're going about answering the last question I asked you, please also include an answer to "who exactly would your god pray to?".
Psalm 83:16-18 will answer your question:
16 Fill their faces with dishonor,
That people may search for your name, O Jehovah.
17 O may they be ashamed and be disturbed for all times,
And may they become abashed and perish;
18 That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#108067 Jul 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see you cannot give a straight answer.
You would not understand a straight answer....even if you did understand it you would reject or ignore it!
confused

Elizabethtown, KY

#108068 Jul 5, 2013
As usual, that answered nothing.

Since: Jul 13

Irvine, KY

#108069 Jul 5, 2013
Religion should be left OUT of schools. End of story. Separation of Church and State is there for a REASON.

Location hidden

#108070 Jul 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you think because a domesticated animal has food given to him,he will not act upon instincts?
Do you think dogs and cats have this much thought going on? Hell, most humans do not have this much thought going on.
Sure they do. But animals play too

Location hidden

#108071 Jul 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure how this is relevant to our conversation of animals hunting animals of other species?
But as with most things, little is of black and white. Their are times when hunting humans is the right thing to do.
Do you think a police detective hunting a bad guy is immoral?

Now you have diverted your way out as usual.
I was speaking of cannibalism of the same specie in the animal kingdom. Totally relevant.

And no, I wasn't talking about hunting for criminals. I was saying that we should not copy the animal kingdom and hunt for other innocent humans as practice to hone our skills for when we may need to hunt for a human.(And I would certainly hope we wouldn't be hunting for humans for food - another thing that we should not do just because the animal kingdom does it)

Location hidden

#108072 Jul 5, 2013
treebeard wrote:
<quoted text>HAH! You have unwittingly described yourself!
How so?

Location hidden

#108073 Jul 5, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I don't dispute that. The problem is, if you are coming from a Creationist point of view, you reject the very definition of "theory" in science and replace it with "hunch".

If we teach kids about science from an early age they will know what terms like "fact" and "theory" mean, in context. But if left to the Creationists they will be ignorant of these ideas. They will assume a theory is just a wild-ass guess.
Your definition is a hunch if it can be totally uprooted and reversed by the findings of another piece of evidence that wasn't available at the time the theory was developed. It would be reversing what had been taught as "fact" for who knows how long, but yet that doesn't make it any less wrong.
Known act

Kissimmee, FL

#108074 Jul 5, 2013
Nunyabidness420 wrote:
Religion should be left OUT of schools. End of story. Separation of Church and State is there for a REASON.
The RELIGION of Evolution should be left out as well!
Why do I call evolution a RELGION is simply because it takes a lot more FAITH to believe in evolution when there is absolutely no evidence to support it. It is totally based on someone's imagination. FAIRY TALE! END OF STORY Separate tax money from fiction!

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#108075 Jul 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>My conscience is my judging god. I do not have to be caught to feel guilt. Only psychopaths have such detachment capabilities. So if you truly feel this way, maybe you are a psychopath.
I think the concept of god being the judge takes away from the reality of our conscience being a guide. The god and his automatic perceived forgiveness takes our guilt away when it should not.
My actions have consequences no matter if I am caught or not. Poor actions all to often lead to repercussions even if I am not put on the spot for blame. Understanding these realities are key. Sadly religion failed to get this memo. No wonder you think as you do about atheists. You have no idea what we really think.
Try asking us instead of telling us what we think.
Did you ever lie to your Mommy, or steal a cookie, when you were a wee child? If you did not know that lieing and stealing are wrong, would your conscience make you feel bad about it? No. Who would be your responsible judge? Your parents. Ahhh, but how can your parents judge you, and deal out an appropriate punishment, if you did not know those things are wrong? Well, of course they should teach you the right way. It's the same way with Father God and the Bible. Father God is our Judge when our conscience doesn't catch us. As we all know, many people have many differnt beliefs on what's right and wrong. Of course if we think something is right, our conscience will not catch us. So, just so we know what is right and wrong, there is a book called the Bible. That is God's way of teaching us the right way. There is not one thing that happens to us during this life that has not been discussed in it.

I do not pretend to know the minds of Atheists, nor do I want to! I don't know the minds of anybody but myself, and even that is ?able at times. Only God knows our minds. He knew us even before He sent us down to this planet. Believe it or not, He want's us all to come back to Him. The question is, will we choose to???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wal-Mart Bakery (Jun '11) 15 min Daniel D 213
Review: Stevens Used Cars 50 min Daniel D 4
Lying lee 1 hr Daniel D 4
Ryan Adams Sucks (Feb '10) 1 hr Daniel D 35
car detailing (Sep '10) 1 hr Daniel D 7
wife 1 hr Daniel D 7
Lees used cars class action group 1 hr Daniel D 23
More from around the web

Morehead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE