social workers take peoples kids
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Social Workers

United States

#41 Feb 18, 2010
have a job to do. A portion of their job is to remove children from unsafe, neglectful homes.
Being poor does not mean you should lose your kids. I know of many "rich" people who neglect, emotionally abuse and shouldn't have children. Name brand clothing means nothing. Clean, well fed, supervised and teaching a moral lifestyle are much more important. However, if you think that Social Services doesn't have it's problems, you're way wrong. It is like any other agency affected by employees who dislike people and use their "power", it's as imperfect as any other city, state or govermental agency. I can't and won't speak about any of the idividuals named on here. Just be aware that believing this office never does wrong because they are authorative is naive. People need to ask questions and pay attention because you don't want to wait until you're under the scrunity of the cabinet or police or any other agency to find out maybe you were wrong. Nope, I haven't had kids removed I don't have any kids for anyone to remove and don't have a record, lol.
My opionion

Owensboro, KY

#42 Feb 19, 2010
people wrote:
I was in the system at one time. Thank Goodness my folks were proved innocent. I had a bladder problem as a child and as hard as I tried I peed the bed. Those nice Foster people wrapped that sheet around my head till it dried. Thats what I know. Granted that was a long time ago so things have changed? That's great but it didn't take the scars it left for me. So I suppose I speak for myself.
I hope they are not foster parents now...Please tell me they are not. Children have way to much to go through.
justme

Dahlonega, GA

#43 Feb 19, 2010
concerned parent wrote:
Why is it social workers should be there to help families but they all to often just take your kid and throw them somewhere?
I think kids should be removed from there home only as a last resort after exhausting all efforts!
They don't unless they have a good reason to.
Let me tell ya

Louisville, KY

#44 Feb 19, 2010
Just stop it people!!! If you are against social workers, you are against state government. Ky voters voted for lawmakers to pass these laws reguarding children's welfare and rights. If you against how social workers do their jobs, you have screwed up as a parent. You are a f*cktard and dont deserve kids to raise. Social workers dont go into Walmart and pick out random kids to "steal". If you want to do something about the process that social workers take, vote for someone else. OR use your educcation to become a lawmaker yourself. If not, shut your protein catcher!!! Writing on Topix about how the cabinet took your kids only proves that you are a f*cktard.
let it be

Nicholasville, KY

#45 Feb 22, 2010
The only fucktards in this county are the social workers at Protection and Permanency in MOREHEAD. It is the counties fault for letting them keep thier positions. They are firing the wrong ones. Anastasia Cooper needs to go. TRUST ME!!!
Let me tell ya wrote:
Just stop it people!!! If you are against social workers, you are against state government. Ky voters voted for lawmakers to pass these laws reguarding children's welfare and rights. If you against how social workers do their jobs, you have screwed up as a parent. You are a f*cktard and dont deserve kids to raise. Social workers dont go into Walmart and pick out random kids to "steal". If you want to do something about the process that social workers take, vote for someone else. OR use your educcation to become a lawmaker yourself. If not, shut your protein catcher!!! Writing on Topix about how the cabinet took your kids only proves that you are a f*cktard.
Let me tell ya

Louisville, KY

#46 Feb 22, 2010
You need to do some research before making assumptions. Its not up the County to hire and fire Social Workers. Its a state position.

If you, your friends or your family, aint doing anything wrong. Social Workers will not bother any of you. You may think that you are doing a great job raising your kids. But guess what? The state thinks different. And in order for them to take your kids. The Courts must agree, based on their investigations.
An average Social Worker has a 4 year degree, many has education beyond that. Where Im going with this is, do you guys that bitch about them, have as much or more education as them?
let it be wrote:
The only fucktards in this county are the social workers at Protection and Permanency in MOREHEAD. It is the counties fault for letting them keep thier positions. They are firing the wrong ones. Anastasia Cooper needs to go. TRUST ME!!!
<quoted text>
dang

Owingsville, KY

#47 Feb 23, 2010
mind your own
peace_love

Dahlonega, GA

#48 Feb 23, 2010
i know several different parents that have a drug problem, but they are still good parents their kids are well took care of and have everything that they need. but i also know parents that have a drug problem and don't give their children the love and care that they should. there is a difference if you all want to believe it or not. drugs are bad but you can't let it take over your life. and most of the parents that have a drug problem and don't take care of there children wouldn't take care of there children even if they didn't do drugs. and we all know thats true, cause i do know several parents that don't do any thing they don't drinks,smoke pot, do pills, they are actually clean but they don't take care of there kids so really drugs can't be all the blame but it's alot of the problem. but that's just the opinion i have.
praying for you

Brandon, FL

#49 Aug 12, 2010
I think people on here talking trash better be getting better informaion . anastasia sister has never none anythng she's very very nice person that wouldn't harm a fly . in case you didn't know which i'm sure by the way you talk trash you don't have much class! there are laws to stop people like you from telling lies they can't prove and never could because it's not true . get a life and by the way anastasia is beauitful inside and out i only wish we had more social worker's like her!
longago

Morehead, KY

#50 Aug 13, 2010
lmao
praying for you wrote:
I think people on here talking trash better be getting better informaion . anastasia sister has never none anythng she's very very nice person that wouldn't harm a fly . in case you didn't know which i'm sure by the way you talk trash you don't have much class! there are laws to stop people like you from telling lies they can't prove and never could because it's not true . get a life and by the way anastasia is beauitful inside and out i only wish we had more social worker's like her!
social workers r a joke

Lexington, KY

#51 Aug 13, 2010
who are these people that make such decisions and who gives them that right?...i have known several so called social workers over my life time that shouldn't even have custody of their own kids.let alone make a decision on weather somebody else should or should not lose their kids.these so called social workers are not trained like some of you might think.somebody that you may not be getting along with or has a grudge against you may use these social workers as a tool to harass you and cause you problems.if this happens to you and if a social worker shows up at your house you tell them that this is the case and not to trespass on your property again.if they try to talk to your child at school without you being present remember this is highly illegal.
someone who knows

South Point, OH

#52 Aug 13, 2010
as a grandparent who has had 7 years of dealing with rowen county child social services i have to say i can see bith sides of this topic! the persons who are saying that because someones sister or any family member are trouble they should be fired is absurd!!they obviously have a personnel problem that has nothing to do with child welfare. STATE guidlines are geared to keep familys together. however some people can't even take care of themselves! let alone children. i have two grandsons who were abused and neglected for 7 years! it took 7 years and 4 lawyers and 5 trips to court to get them. i finally did. welfare services will NOT do anything unless they are called if you see kids that are being abused please call on there parents your name -by law cannot be mentioned -will not be mentioned-so please please if you see a child that you know is being abused CALL SOCIAL SERVICES. and keep calling till they do something! you my save ones life. i no that some foster parents are bad! but most are good so that argument won't wash!IF YOU KNOW THAT A CHILD IS BEING ABUSED AND DO NOTHING THEN YOU ARE ENABLING THE ABUSER! rowen county social services areno different that any other county in ky.
someone who knows

South Point, OH

#53 Aug 13, 2010
social workers are trained-they have to have a college degree!!! however it only has to be a two year degree. anyone who says different is WRONG!! social workers can remove a child from a home if they think they are being abused. but the court decides what happens to the child or children after that. anyone who thinks social workers are a joke is either ignorant or god forbid a child abuser themselves. how would you know if there a joke or not unless you have had to be around them?
wrong

Grayson, KY

#54 Aug 13, 2010
Actually you cannot tell a social worker that they cannot come onto your property...if there is a report called on you a social worker has every right to come onto your property to investigate it. You can tell them to leave, but then they will come back with law enforcement. If you have nothing to hide and have done nothing wrong then why not cooperate right then and there without having to get law enforcement involved.
And it is legal for a social worker to talk to your child at school without you being present.
someone who knows

South Point, OH

#55 Aug 13, 2010
amen
DANCE

Winder, GA

#56 Aug 13, 2010
Sometimes the workers are on a power trip and they will use influence with the judge and have peoples kids taken, especially if one of their kids is dating someone, and they want that someone to have the kids. I speak from experience.
You are Wrong

Owensboro, KY

#57 Aug 14, 2010
however it only has to be a two year degree. anyone who says different is WRONG!! social workers can remove a child from a home if they think they are being abused. but the court decides what happens to the child or children after that. anyone who thinks social workers are a joke is either ignorant or god forbid a child abuser themselves. how would you know if there a joke or not unless you have had to be around them?
Social workers who work at DCBS in P&P have to have a 4-year degree, and undergo muliple weeks of training for their
specific position.
Also, a social worker cannot, at any time, remove a child from a home, unless they have a judge's order. NO MATTER HOW SEVERE the home situation is the social worker MUST have approval from a JUDGE to complete a removal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim Davis 5 min Wisdom 26
Spicer is gone! 6 min Andy 20
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min Blacklagoon 165,576
Trump will be the next Ronald Reagan 17 min Covfefe 13
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 9 hr Republican 787
Democrat Presidents helped get us here. 14 hr Wisdom 37
The most useless President 14 hr Wisdom 610

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages