Kenneth Faried
what

Dawsonville, GA

#21 Jan 25, 2010
hah wrote:
top four rebounder against OVC players!!!!!!!!!! hello?
Faried is now the no. 1 rebounder in the nation. It may also interest you to know that according to the NCAA TEAM POWER RANKINGS Morehead St. is now no. 105 in div. 1 not bad considering that there are 347 div. 1 teams.Thats ahead of some big name teams from some big conf. that are on tv all the time like Boston College ACC no 107, Providence Big East no. 113, Michigan Big Ten no.116, UCLA pac10 no. 136, Auburn SEC no. 148, LSU SEC no. 175. Looks like more local people would come out and watch a team like this play.
beaker

Olive Hill, KY

#22 Jan 25, 2010
Not just top 4 rebounder in nation, but THE TOP REBOUNDER in the nation. He is constantly double teamed, even UK did that. His rebounds came from all different schools, not just OVC schools.
What do you think UK does, playing "high school" teams(RIDER???) to pad their stats and win record.
He does have a jump shot and could probably start for some SEC schools. He has recieved the OVC player of the week award three times this season as voted by the coaches! I don't feel that he is "over rated" as LOL says!
Quarterback

Chesterfield, MO

#23 Jan 26, 2010
Anyone who gets on here and rags on Kenneth Faried is an idiot. He is one of the best rebounders in the nation, and has been a big part in resurgence of Morehead State basketball. He is someone who has come out of the projects of Newark NJ to make a better future for himself. He will be playing in the NBA or in Europe making a good living while some of you critics will be at home wishing you could be in his place. Stop ragging on him and go to the games and cheer the Eagles on. If you are on here banging on him then you should be ashamed of yourselves and try to get a life.
Just saying

Flatwoods, KY

#24 Jan 26, 2010
lolsucks wrote:
You people have no idea what you're talking about. It is evident to anyone that understands college basketball.
It doesn't matter if he's a top four rebound against OVC players - the OVC is division I basketball and if you'd stop bitching and actually go to the games, you'd see that it is a high level of basketball.
Well I don't know much about this player but this is what I have heard and seen. My daughter who goes to MSU says he is a cocky person. That isn't about being a HATER...I love that stupid term! It is about having a bad attitude to the point people notice. She doesn't go to games because she says she got sick of hearing about it. That is not good for the morale of the school if the fans or students of MSU are NOT there because of ATTITUDE. He should be glad he is getting a to go to college I am sure for free because of playing sports. I think most atheletes are not very good ROLE models because they act aweful and then think that they should get away with it!
Secondly my son is a BIG basketball fan and can tell you about any player. He that Faried does do well in his division. NOW you got to understand he is playing for MOREHEAD guys. So we should NOT diss his talent, he is a good player for his division. He is not a Wall or a Sousa, but he is a pretty good player and MAYBE at some point he will go on in basketball.
U need to

Owensboro, KY

#25 Jan 26, 2010
Vote stumpy for change. Stop thinking about bball and start thinking about the community. I like K-time. Go Eagles! Rock the vote Rock the vote Rock the vote Rock the vote Rock the vote Rock the vote
my opinion

Owingsville, KY

#26 Jan 27, 2010
He seems like a gentleman compared to DeMarcus Cousins of uk . Cousins is always scowling and seems like a jerk. Kenneth Faried smiles alot and seems like a nice person . just my opinion
HAha

Clarkesville, GA

#27 Jan 27, 2010
WELLLLLL I know veryyyyy little about Kenneths talent...but I do know that he is an A**hole and deserves any bad words that anyone has to say about him.
FU Losers

Danville, KY

#28 Jan 27, 2010
Anyone that calls Kenneth Faried an a**hole doesn't know him and is full of S**t.

Faried is one of the nicest kids you could ever meet. You can say what you want about him doing it at the Morehead level, but that is also an ignorant statement. Ask Louisville what he did against them in the NCAA Tournament. NBA scouts don't come watch players that do well at Morehead's level - they come to watch players that will do well in the NBA.

Lastly, f**k Stumpy. Get that f***ing name off this site and shove it up your a**. I'm so sick and tired of reading about some douchebag that is about as two-faced as anyone you will ever find in Morehead. At least keep it in the Stumpy threads you idiots.
ouch

Owensboro, KY

#29 Jan 28, 2010
FU Losers wrote:
Anyone that calls Kenneth Faried an a**hole doesn't know him and is full of S**t.
Faried is one of the nicest kids you could ever meet. You can say what you want about him doing it at the Morehead level, but that is also an ignorant statement. Ask Louisville what he did against them in the NCAA Tournament. NBA scouts don't come watch players that do well at Morehead's level - they come to watch players that will do well in the NBA.
Lastly, f**k Stumpy. Get that f***ing name off this site and shove it up your a**. I'm so sick and tired of reading about some douchebag that is about as two-faced as anyone you will ever find in Morehead. At least keep it in the Stumpy threads you idiots.
Somebody needs to sign up for anger management classes, lol. Hope your girlfriend/wife is safe.
kant spel

Olive Hill, KY

#30 Jan 28, 2010
wunder why he was nt recurted by the uniovirsty of jersy.
No rumors_Just a fact

Morehead, KY

#31 Jan 28, 2010
lol wrote:
wow your a idiot, lol. the dude cant make a jump shot with consistance, he cant pass and help his team out, hes not quick or fast enough, hes not strong enough, and he is strickly ONE deminsional. his game it to tip the ball in the hole. thats it. your talking about someone who averages 12 rebounds and 18 points agianst people the rest of the world has never heard of. the only reason he got rebounds in the uk game was because his other team mates didnt. to say he could START on a SEC team is ridiculas. he is a medocer OVC player who is deeply over rated.
I'm pretty sure that "medocer" isn't a word... And you're calling someone else an idiot?
No rumors_Just a fact

Morehead, KY

#32 Jan 28, 2010
By the way, I've met Faried a number of times and he is a very respectful, funny, and nice person. I'm about positive he wouldn't get on here and talk about people the way some of you talk about him.
What's that little quote, "do unto others..."... get the point?
wow

Puerto Rico

#33 Jan 28, 2010
i used to work on campus and attend classes there. he has always stopped just to say hey to me, doesn't even know my name. he asks how my day is, etc. i have never had anyone that has consistently asked about me besides close friends. i absolutely LOVE running into him on campus. he always brightens up my day and i have yet to see him in a bad mood or dissin' anyone
FU Losers

Danville, KY

#34 Jan 28, 2010
Faried had 23 points and 21 rebounds tonight in front of several NBA scouts...but, it was at "Morehead's level" though.
Quarterback

West Liberty, KY

#35 Jan 29, 2010
I am getting sick and tired of people saying that Faried cant make the NBA because they think Morehead State is not at the level of the best college teams. There have been many NBA stars that have played at even Division 2 or NAIA schools. Faried is a great rebounder who has had good games against schools like Kentucky and Louisville. He will get a shot at the NBA and I truly believe he will make a team. Some of you losers and detractors are the same types of people who will bash a guy like Tim Tebow because you cant stand to see someone be successful. Its a shame that Morehead State doesnt enjoy full houses at all home games.....there are enough full time students who live on campus to almost fill up the gym. The lack of support by the community is a real shame, especially when the team is doing well. When the Eagles play Murray State on February 25 the gym should be full because Murray State is a great team and the Eagles need your support. As for Faried, stop bashing him and give the kid your support. He has not had an easy life and is doing everything he can to improve is situation. Can any of you critics say the same thing about yourself?
big fan

Lexington, KY

#36 Jan 29, 2010
Kenneth Faried is not only a good person he can play. 23 pts. 21 rebs. last nite in Nashville as Morehead beat tn. state.the ovc might be better than some people think i can remember alot of very close first round games ovc teams have played in the opening round of the ncaa tourn. even thou those teams had to play some of the top teams in the nation.will never forget seeing dick vitale standing on his head after no. 15 seed austin peay beat no. 2 seed illinois in the ncaa tourn. a ovc team is due for a upset again. go eagles!
beaker

Cleveland, GA

#37 Feb 3, 2010
If memory serves me right, another New Jersey kid (Earl Harrison) was instrumentasl in helping the last MSU teams amke the NCAA tourney in '83 and '84. Must be something about those Jersy "kids" to come to Morehead to make OUR team better! Go Kenneth and the rest of the MSU Eagles. We all need to support our local team, no matter what conference they are in!
Pay attention

Morehead, KY

#38 Feb 3, 2010
mea wrote:
i agree.......i don't go to the games to watch, i go to work, but just reading about him in the papers make me sick. I thought basketball was a team sport.....why does everyone just talk about faried????? Aren't there other guys who actually score more points, or play better defensively?? It's sad to see a team that is riding on one person......but then again, i'm not really a fan so i can't say much, but i just think it's sad to put so much attention on one person.
If you would check up on things you would see that Faried won the conference Defensive Player of the Year award last year. He is one of onyl two players in MSU history with 1000 points and 1000 rebounds. He has been rated as an early to middle second round draft pick, which means he will come back to school next year and probably win his second Player of the Year award (with this season being his first). Try actually checking out the team sometime. Every good team has it's great players. Kenneth and his publicity has been great for the team, great for the school and great for the community.
sick of seein

Redmond, WA

#39 Feb 4, 2010
I'm tired of seeing him prancing around with white girls.he has a new one every week
goodarticle

Louisville, KY

#40 Feb 4, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr ChromiuMan 158,098
Trump's List of Promises 4 hr The Harsh Taskmaster 19
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 hr Big C 24,013
Money for College 6 hr Michael C 1
A New America 7 hr catfish59 3
The End of an ERROR 12 hr Constitution 101 40
Thank you President Obama (Sep '12) 20 hr Haha 537

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages