Any Haunted Locations

Posted in the Morehead Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious of the Unknown

Morehead, KY

#1 Dec 15, 2008
I am looking for any known locations of hauntings or where people go ghost hunting in and around Morehead....Any houses, abandon building, graveyards, anything for something I am working on....Still new to the area and need to do some background on this town now that I am living here.
Commonwealth Paranormal

Jeffersonville, KY

#2 Dec 15, 2008
We are a paranormal group based in Morehead and London. I'm sure there probably are some legit hauntings here in Morehead; but they are not very well known. Most of the alleged hauntings in Morehead such as the ones you find online, are not true.

www.MySpace.com/CommonwealthParanormal
former employee

Morehead, KY

#3 Dec 15, 2008
Commonwealth Paranormal wrote:
We are a paranormal group based in Morehead and London. I'm sure there probably are some legit hauntings here in Morehead; but they are not very well known. Most of the alleged hauntings in Morehead such as the ones you find online, are not true.
I know that so that is why I am so looking for the help and what people have seen to weed threw. I recently moved up here and have heard and seen a few things myself. I am trying to get all I can on all around even Waverly Hills and Bob Macky's Music and all to put on the site for Kentucky... We also want to do a data base with info for people to refer them to investigating groups for help.
Researching

Morehead, KY

#4 Dec 15, 2008
Please if you know of anywhere let me know?
ehh scary

Danville, KY

#5 Dec 15, 2008
ill tell you of a place that i know of in Mt.Sterling...i can't give you directions but if you ask around im pretty sure you will be able to find it...its a tunnel thats found on a back road...ive been there a couple of times..its sort of back in the boonies...supposively or what i have heard ...a school bus a while back was under the tunnel and the tunnel had colapsed on the school bus and had killed the kids and the bus driver..what your suppose to do is to drive fast under the bridge flashing your lights and honking then turn your car around and come back and park your car in the tunnel and turn all of your lights off and shut the car down. Your suppose to find hand prints of kids on your car..so i might suggest getting it a little dirty or puttting a little flour on it...also ive heard that you can hear kids voices in the tunnel. You might want to check out this place...also there are plenty of storys of hauntings on MSU campus...you might also want to look into that. There is also a field close to the Rowan County border in Carter county where there is suppose to be a lady in white who roams the field...i found that one internet and it didn't really interest me until one of my friends had told me a story that there uncle had told them...supposively my friends uncle and one of his relatives were hunting in a field close to the one that i had heard about on the internet,and they had seen a lady in white roaming arond and they had hid from her because they were hunting on a property that wasnt theres and were afraid of getting caught...but when the lady didnt move they decided to move closer...and the lady dissappeared as they were walking to her.

Another local story is "green eyes." You can find green eyes in a grave yard in farmers close to bluebank road...also close to slaty point church. its said that its a black man that roams around the woods surrounding the grave yard..and he will scare you and follow you...make sure you dont make any racial slurs cause you'll regret it.

I hope this helps!
Researching

Morehead, KY

#6 Dec 15, 2008
Thanks that is awesome have you heard of any stories of clack mountain?
ehh scary

Danville, KY

#7 Dec 15, 2008
well im not really from that part of the county but i have heard about satanist things that go on up there...things such as animal sacrifices and satanist cult meetings...another place u might want to look into, is the mushroom mines...i do believe that the government took them over but they use to be a popular place for satanist acts and animal sacrifices going on there...also there is a story of a ghost who is an albino ghost who roams around there...oh and i do believe there is a website for clack mountain but im not sure what it is..but im sure you can find it on the internet..and that might help you find out more about clack mountain.
Commonwealth Paranormal

Jeffersonville, KY

#8 Dec 16, 2008
A group that I used to be with investigated the Mushroom Mines. There is nothing paranormal there. Also, it was purchased by a company a few years ago and it was supposed to be turned into a data storage / processing place or something like that. I don't remember all the details now. But its definitely not "haunted".

As for Clack Mountain, back in the early 80's I think it was, there was some satanic rituals that went on there. IT was all over the news. But I've not heard anything about it since.

Researching

Morehead, KY

#9 Dec 18, 2008
Thanks guys I had a couple college boys that live near me go to clack and got some interesting photos...As in the mushroom mine now are from what I understand being taken back by the govt due to the company never paid any of the bills. It is a big corportation that would make our towns so much better with all the job opps. But even family members here have told me of things that happen. Also I had heard about the tragedy in the mines and the workers who died in the cave in. I don't know if there is or not by my hubby said some things happened when they use to party in there way back. Thanks commonwealth....We are buddies on myspace...I drop a line there.

TO ALL OTHERS ANY STORIES OR TALES??? I have heard of a hickhiking ghost up in Olive Hill and another that seems to walk out in the road there. Also of one up Christy Creek off a side road(forgive me still learning all the areas and names) That there is a man in a red and white plaid shirt and jeans that people see on the side of the road and as the car gets there vanishes.. Anything like that or maybe houses or some of these older houses and barns..I love the history part too.
The stories could be from anywhere in Eastern or more Kentucky within a decent driving distance and more. I am going on a overnight lockin at Waverly Hills this spring with a bunch of Investigators, I can't wait and I am doing a bit with Bob Mackey's Wild World of Music (gateway to hell), not to mention several others across the country like The Stanley, East State Penn, Myrtles Plantation and more!!

THANKS to ALL that help!!!!
myft

Cleveland, GA

#10 Dec 18, 2008
I'm not sure if this counts but I was in Wendy's right in downtown morehead and this guy walked in who looked like someone that owes me money and suddenly...he disappeared.

And then, I was in walmart and this voice came out of like nowhere and called my name and said I should meet my party at the service desk.

oh, oh, yeah, there was this time when I was going into slones food market and the doors opened by themselves...I hear that happens to a lot of people...

and once, right in the middle of a big storm, the lights went out in my house and then came back on ALL BY THEMSELVES! Is that wierd or what?!?
Boston Knows Best

Rockfield, KY

#11 Dec 18, 2008
Missed ya myft. That is the best laugh I've had all day.
Nonsense

Morehead, KY

#12 Dec 18, 2008
that is some crazy stuff there. I always thought I had logical explanations for things like that, but now, I begin to doubt myself...

nah. LOL
Nonsense

Dahlonega, GA

#13 Dec 18, 2008
there used to be a place down by Sonic... there was a big purple thing, I would see it there sometimes. not every day, but different days of the year. it was always hovering above the car lot. you know, the one that used to be there. I hear they went out of business, maybe that land was haunted. That big purple thing would be there and I saw it with my own eyes, even in the daytime. weird.
myft

Dahlonega, GA

#14 Dec 19, 2008
Nonsense...that is a mass hallucination, which I never really understood all about it since I am not catholic much...

I tell you what is really spooky, in the past couple of years, my money has been disappearing...I mean...I get paid the same and dont buy anything different but at the end of the month I dont have any money. Used to be I could end up with a little extra, but not anymore.
Freedom

Rockfield, KY

#16 Dec 19, 2008
Yeah, I get ya myft. Just yesterday I went to get some from the bank and they said they did'nt have any. How can a bank not have any money?
Researching

Morehead, KY

#17 Dec 19, 2008
Myft,
Okay you are a skeptic, I understand! But I am actually being serious. This is a serious subject. And by the way there is nothing wrong with being Catholic. I am, I believe due to everything I have grown up seeing.

And this is a question not just for fun. This is for research for a major database and website that is being launch in March. I come from a town you can sit down almost anywhere and just look around at night when it is quiet and you wouldn't believe what you will see. I am doing research for the area due to I don't know much about rumors, the area yet or such.

NOT for the games you are playing normal explainable things. That's cute but when you do encounter or have something happen you won't joke as much. Now I have lots of skeptics in my family so I understand.

I am not talking about vampires, gnomes, fairies, all all. I am talking about spirits or unexplainable things that happen. I am on the hunt to find the areas, search out details and facts to learn and help the study of paranormal. Its not something crazy, but something that is unkown and unexplainable that needs to be documented and studied to find out why. have a Great Night!!
Researching

Morehead, KY

#18 Dec 19, 2008
myft wrote:
I'm not sure if this counts but I was in Wendy's right in downtown morehead and this guy walked in who looked like someone that owes me money and suddenly...he disappeared.
And then, I was in walmart and this voice came out of like nowhere and called my name and said I should meet my party at the service desk.
oh, oh, yeah, there was this time when I was going into slones food market and the doors opened by themselves...I hear that happens to a lot of people...
and once, right in the middle of a big storm, the lights went out in my house and then came back on ALL BY THEMSELVES! Is that wierd or what?!?
Just a note to you!! You might be a skeptic, but there is no need in being so ignorant. You seem to like to add your piece into a lot of conversations across this forum area that is rude. I am asking for areas to research in this town for a database website that is launching in March. Skeptic or not that doesn't mean its a joke.
Researching

Morehead, KY

#19 Dec 19, 2008
myft wrote:
Nonsense...that is a mass hallucination, which I never really understood all about it since I am not catholic much...
I tell you what is really spooky, in the past couple of years, my money has been disappearing...I mean...I get paid the same and dont buy anything different but at the end of the month I dont have any money. Used to be I could end up with a little extra, but not anymore.
There is no need to knock a religion like you are doing. And yet again money disappearing sounds like you don't know what you are talking about, so why post a ignorant answer about your budgeting to a question that is different. I am trying to gather data to research. No need in being rude!
myft

Dahlonega, GA

#20 Dec 20, 2008
Digression to humor is only interpreted as rude, not meant as rude.

I didnt knock any religion...word play on the issue of "mass" which I believe in...Christ's Mass not Christmas is what I celebrate.

and again you project on my budget.

Now, on the spirits...I cant give you local info because I am sworn to secrecy, BUT...I not only believe but KNOW of such spirits.

For your records...I was living in another state and rented a house that was recently bought from an estate. The two sisters who both died in the house, of old age, were school teachers. My roommate had to move out cause he couldnt take their presence. They would move about the house, up and down the stairs and appear in the dusk to dawn periods on a weekly basis. I was not so troubled and remained. One night, in a thunderstorm, I awoke when lightning hit the house, they were both in my room, one at the foot of the bed and the other by the side...that was the first time they spoke...the lightning had danced around the room...one said,"It's alright" and the other "you'll be OK".

Sooo....lighten up....take a joke....I can understand how you can be defensive since so many folks think this stuff is crazy, but not me.

And so you all know my motivation on other issues, I go to forums on gossip and such that bad mouth women and other subjects to point out, without trying to be rude, that the thinking is a bit off base. I only hope that some of the readers and posters get to thinking (like you did) BUT ... laugh a little, breathe deep...and keep following your bliss.

But...dont you think its strange that sometimes you can but bunch of cookies on a plate and walk away and come back and they are all gone and the kids say they dont know what happened to them...explain that...
justmehere

Morehead, KY

#21 Jan 29, 2009
Smart A--!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 30 min dollarsbill 132,146
Michael Ramey (Mar '12) 1 hr 1234yyy 23
Black lives matter 1 hr same old stuff 37
Resturants open Christmas day? (Dec '11) 7 hr morehead 13
Pets 17 hr um 2
Who is stupidest? 18 hr My Two Cents 3
rowan cty christmas Wed maryann 35
Morehead Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Morehead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morehead News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morehead

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:29 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:29PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Breaking Down Colts' Game Plan vs. Titans
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
Can't-Miss Picks and Matchup Guide
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"