Does anyone know what is going on at ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
So Sad

Morehead, KY

#33 Aug 20, 2012
The obituary said he left behind a wife and stepchildren. Also I was told his wife was the one who found him at the cemetery, so I wonder if he called her before hand or left a note. I think this was his third wife, a former high school sweetheart.
FYI for concerned friends

Morehead, KY

#34 Aug 20, 2012
James Richard “Rick” Ruth, age 52, of South Lane, Morehead, Kentucky, passed away Sunday, August 19, 2012.
Born August 2, 1960, in Morgan County, Kentucky, he is the son of Wilma Jean Lykins Ruth of West Liberty, Kentucky, and the late James Marvin Ruth, Jr. Besides his father, he was also preceded in death by his brother, Anthony Duane Ruth.
In addition to his mother, Rick is survived by his wife, Pam Carpenter Ruth, whom he wed August 20, 2010; children, Jamie Ruth and his wife Laken, and J.R. Ruth, of Morehead, Kentucky; stepchildren, Kristi Trusty and husband Chris and Kimberly Hampton and husband Jerry, all of West Liberty; grandchildren, Cayden Ruth and Jaxon Ruth; step grandchildren, Kennedy and Parker Trusty and Dawson and Grayson Hampton; and one brother, Travis Ruth of Morehead, Kentucky
Rick was a retired businessman and attended Grace Baptist Church.
Funeral services will be conducted 1 p.m. Thursday, August 23, 2012, at Northcutt & Son Home for Funerals Memorial Chapel with Pastor Mike Lindon and Rev. Jimmy Adkins officiating. Burial will follow in Brown Cemetery.
Pallbearers: Randy Williams, Tony Pettit, Darrell Alderman, Travis Ruth, Chris Barker, and Eric Maher.
Visitation is after 5 p.m. Wednesday, August 22, 2012, at Northcutt & Son Home for Funerals, Morehead, Kentucky.
sosad

Morehead, KY

#35 Aug 20, 2012
So young, leaving so many behind to bear the burden of their pain and grief at him choosing to leave them. And to do it the day before his second anniversary. His wife must be in shock. It's just so sad. My heart breaks for his poor family. If only people contemplating suicide would realize that the dark days do pass and life will become good again, if they just hang in there.
FAM

United States

#36 Aug 20, 2012
sosad wrote:
So young, leaving so many behind to bear the burden of their pain and grief at him choosing to leave them. And to do it the day before his second anniversary. His wife must be in shock. It's just so sad. My heart breaks for his poor family. If only people contemplating suicide would realize that the dark days do pass and life will become good again, if they just hang in there.
Pam is heartbroken, as is his entire family, and for people to post some of these horrible posts, truly did not know Rick, everyone has problems, so to the trash that posted earlier commments, KARMA is a coldhearted bitch!!! You are a cowardly piece of shit!!! Thank you however for some of the wonderful comments!!!
So very sorry

Dahlonega, GA

#37 Aug 21, 2012
It is always so incredibly sad to hear news such as this. When deep in the throes of depression, we don't see things normally. We don't see that tomorrow might be better. Having been suicidal, I can tell you that we don't want to die...we just cannot bear to live at that moment and that's all we can see. I've always been confused about who is who in that family. Was he married to Sandy at one time? Not being nosy, just care. Prayers for this family.
wth

New York, NY

#41 Aug 22, 2012
Wow wrote:
Now JR is ion jail for possession of a controlled substance.
Thanks for keeping everybody informed. If your family ever suffers such a loss hopefully there will be someone around just as helpful as you have been.
Get a Life

Morehead, KY

#42 Aug 22, 2012
wth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for keeping everybody informed. If your family ever suffers such a loss hopefully there will be someone around just as helpful as you have been.
To WOW!!!! I take it you have never lost anyone in your life that you loved and worshipped like J.R. did his father. So give him a break!!! I don't read Jailtracker and sure as hell wouldn't stoop to putting it on this site. He is dealing with something that no young man should have to deal with and unless you have gone through it, you DO NOT know how you would react. Thoughts to J.R. and the entire family. I don't understand how anyone could do such a thing, but the family will have to live with it the rest of their lives. Show them a little respect.
sadden

Morehead, KY

#43 Aug 22, 2012
Thanks for keeping everybody informed. If your family ever suffers such a loss hopefully there will be someone around just as helpful as you have been.[/]
JR HASNT BEEN ON JAiL TRACKER SINCE 2004!! HE DOESNT NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!!! LET THE FAMILY GREIF FIRST, TODAY IS GOING TO BE BAD ENOUGH GOING THRU SOMETHING LIKE THISLET ALONE PEOPLE POSTING NEGATIVE THIMS ABOUT THE FAMILY!!! GOOD FRIEND
sadden

Morehead, KY

#44 Aug 22, 2012
I tried to reply BUT some reason it didnt let me, in the ubove post I posted whats in cap letters thanks
sadden

Morehead, KY

#45 Aug 22, 2012
You people have nothing else better to do , you need to get a life and mind your own LIFE, I feel sorry for you people. GET A JOB instead of sticking your nose in other peoples buisness. If it was meant for you people to know the REAL TRUTH Then YOUR NOT A REAL FRIEND!!!!
friend

Morehead, KY

#48 Aug 24, 2012
I stoped by to se you today so sad, the grass around you was wilted from all the friends that was there. It will stand tall again, but the saddness, will linger on of two good friends gone. To Jr and the family Im so sorry.R.I.p Rick
friend

Morehead, KY

#50 Aug 24, 2012
R.I.P , Rick, Duane, beside your dad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 8 min Wondering 433
lock up kim davis 14 min Messenger 21
When will brothers and sisters be able to marry? 22 min ___Jenny___ 13
Not Kim 33 min ahmi yat ahmi 95
the bible is being fulfilled 35 min ___Jenny___ 14
News Antigay Kentucky Clerk Inadvertently Married Th... 41 min Messenger 24
Dave Adkins (Jan '15) 45 min christian 15
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 1 hr TomInElPaso 3,150
Has Kim Davis Been Married 4 TIMES??? 2 hr nehushtan 13
More from around the web