First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Floyd

Morehead, KY

#22 Jan 16, 2013
I am A combat vet and have several back deceases do a injury from riding track vehicles in the desert for 8 mouths.I have been going to KY pain institute for a little over a year.I can tell you their no pill mill.They have treated me the best.It took some time and a lot of shots and now the nerve burning.But am now close to being pain free and guess what they done it with no pills.I would recommend them to anybody who wants to get better and really get pain management.I cant put into words.This team of Doctors have to be one of the Best.Thanks Kentucky Pain Institute.
in the know

Mount Sterling, KY

#23 Jan 16, 2013
At Kentucky Pain Institute, they do the injections, which it's possible your first visit there thats all you will get. The next month when u go back, if not the first visit, the doctor will start you out on Lortab 7.5 mg and you will continue to work up, but you will have to accept the injections until the doctor feels they are no longer effective in treating your pain. So as long as you consent to the injections and pass the pee test if they give u one (expect them to) you're good.
bee

United States

#24 Jan 17, 2013
What
bee

Campton, KY

#25 Feb 2, 2013
what
Patient

Morehead, KY

#26 Feb 2, 2013
Knows someone wrote:
I know someone that works there, they had told me the same thing stated above. That they were to block spine pain with a numbing agent like epidural type procedure. its still dr spurlock doing the stuff and owner there I believe.
I go there and it is just as you said epidural type stuff no pills I have never been on pills and don't want to ever be on pills but their treatments help with the pain so you don't need pills and if it does not work for you they refer you to a surgery doctor . Great place to go when you are in pain and don't want to go the pill route.
Patient

Morehead, KY

#27 Feb 2, 2013
in the know wrote:
At Kentucky Pain Institute, they do the injections, which it's possible your first visit there thats all you will get. The next month when u go back, if not the first visit, the doctor will start you out on Lortab 7.5 mg and you will continue to work up, but you will have to accept the injections until the doctor feels they are no longer effective in treating your pain. So as long as you consent to the injections and pass the pee test if they give u one (expect them to) you're good.
I know they do not give anyone pills it is all injections I don't know why anyone would say they give pain pills out because they do not!!!
Patient

Morehead, KY

#28 Feb 2, 2013
im not dumb as you wrote:
what everyone needs to do is get off their fat ass pill butts and get a dam job, like the rest of us. quit sponging off the gov!!!!!!!!
First thing you need to do is shut your mouth when you don't know what you are talking about most people going to Dr.Spurlock are working and would like to contiue to work but have back or hip problems that injections can and will help them to contiune to work . I see a lot of nurses that come there as patients because they have lifted patients for many years .
Yea right

Morehead, KY

#29 Feb 3, 2013
noworry wrote:
If it's Dr. Spurlock that's running it, then there is no doubt in my mind that it is NOT a pill mill and whatever takes place there will be done in the best interest of the patient and will follow the letter of the law.
He is a good and honorable man and his name alone associated with it is enough to ease my mind that it is legitimate and will be successful.
Spurlock is a QUACK and he is just out for the money and nothing else. He is just like all the rest. If he's so honorable see if he will treat you for free for an extended period of time. He drained my insurance for three years then when it ran out he quit on me and then wrote a report on me that said he didn't think there was any thing wrong with me. Since then I have been diagnosed with nerve damage and polyneuropathy. If he didn't think there was anything wrong with me why did he see me for three years if not to drain my insurance?
hey

Campton, KY

#30 Feb 3, 2013
Yea right wrote:
<quoted text>
Spurlock is a QUACK and he is just out for the money and nothing else. He is just like all the rest. If he's so honorable see if he will treat you for free for an extended period of time. He drained my insurance for three years then when it ran out he quit on me and then wrote a report on me that said he didn't think there was any thing wrong with me. Since then I have been diagnosed with nerve damage and polyneuropathy. If he didn't think there was anything wrong with me why did he see me for three years if not to drain my insurance?
Did he give you pills?
Yea right

Morehead, KY

#31 Feb 6, 2013
hey wrote:
<quoted text>Did he give you pills?
No he's not that kind of a Dr. He's a chiropractor. That is why I went to see him in the first place. I wanted to see if I could get relief without the drugs. What I can't get is if he thought there was nothing wrong with me why did it take him 3 years to figure it out. Like I said since then I have been diagnosed with nerve damage and polyneuropathy. So that being said I don't have a lot of respect for him. He never once suggested that maybe I should be tested for these things or anything else for that matter and I didn't know. I never even herd of polyneuropathy. I was new to this kind of stuff but I sure learned a lot in the years since. Like what most doctors really care about. And it isn't your health as much as a dollar.
agree

Campton, KY

#32 Feb 7, 2013
quack he is.he is onley after money thats all and yes i been there.
hey

West Liberty, KY

#33 Feb 11, 2013
Peace wrote:
<quoted text>He couldn't prescribe if he wanted to. He is a chiropractor, not MD.
verry true..he is a quack just after money.Why see him when it cost no moore to see a real md.
AMY

West Liberty, KY

#34 Mar 3, 2013
WHERE IS A GOOD DR. AT I NEED ONE
none here

Palm City, FL

#35 Mar 3, 2013
AMY wrote:
WHERE IS A GOOD DR. AT I NEED ONE
Go to one in Lexington. That is where the good ones are at.
KyGirl

Lexington, KY

#36 Apr 25, 2013
OMG!!!!
I would not let a chiropractor give me an epidural!!!!!!!
loving life

Morehead, KY

#37 Apr 26, 2013
The chiropractor doesn't give the injection. There is an anesthesiologist, from Lexington, who comes on certain dates to give the epidural injections. He injects lidocaine in the beginnning to numb the area but doesnt give it time to take effect before sticking the larger epidural needle in. And its because they schedule so many people in one day, its a rushed procedure. The only thing I found a problem with is that the medical records are very inaccurate and incorrect.
Toothless in Kentucky

Morehead, KY

#38 Apr 27, 2013
I'm in the same boat as Pain-' a botched operation that can not be proven with a MRI. The pain hits #10, yet the docs claim they are afraid of the "law". Shesh...
Toothless in Kentucky

Morehead, KY

#39 Apr 27, 2013
Also, is there a local dentist that works on a payment plan? Or does the free clinic still have a dentist there one day a week?

Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min wtf 5,297
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min No Surprize 153,905
Who did Donnie bust today with pot plants? 30 min Wisdom 12
Stump the Ranger (Sep '10) 1 hr Ugh 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr phil Greer 131,065
Morehead & North Fork Railroad, Clearfield (Apr '13) 3 hr bsyoung 4
Bryan Wheeler 4 hr Don juan 1
•••
•••
•••

Morehead Jobs

•••
•••
•••