pain clinic in morehead

Posted in the Morehead Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pain c

Morehead, KY

#1 Apr 11, 2011
The pain clinic out by the dollar store, is it a pill mill? The Kentucky Pain Institute.
rachel

Winchester, KY

#2 Apr 11, 2011
Whatever it is, it won't last a month. No way.
rachel

Winchester, KY

#3 Apr 11, 2011
whatever it is there's no way it'll last a month
riiiiight

Plummers Landing, KY

#4 Apr 11, 2011
Its not a pill mill, they will be performing invasive pain precedures, such as pain blocking in the spine. shouldn't be a pill mill, it was previously spurlock spine center. They have just are just starting new treatment options.

This is my understanding of their fresh restart.
riiiiight

Plummers Landing, KY

#5 Apr 11, 2011
btw there are alot of ppl that actually suffer from chronic pain, just an fyi.

If these invasive procedures are what I have heard it would actually help society, by keeping good ppl from relying on pills to levitate their pain.
Knows someone

Plummers Landing, KY

#6 Apr 11, 2011
I know someone that works there, they had told me the same thing stated above. That they were to block spine pain with a numbing agent like epidural type procedure. its still dr spurlock doing the stuff and owner there I believe.
fred sanford

United States

#7 Apr 12, 2011
i hope to god it's not a pill mill. That's all we need in this town...
im not dumb as you

Dahlonega, GA

#8 Apr 12, 2011
what everyone needs to do is get off their fat ass pill butts and get a dam job, like the rest of us. quit sponging off the gov!!!!!!!!
Pain

Hillsboro, KY

#9 Apr 12, 2011
I have been to a pain clinic in Lexington that operated much like thei place. If they are seeking a nerve to numb and the pain stops they go in and cut the nerve which kills the pain for many years.

Just like the Diet/Pain clinic in Winchester these places seem to be more like BAD BACK CLINICS because their methods work best on spinal injuries and bad spines account for most of their pain patients. If a person like me, who suffers from a botched operation and can not prove beyond a shadow of doubt with an MRI/Scan etc that shows I have to be in pain most of the time people are paying hard cash, or having their insurance sucked dry, while getting prescribed stuff like Tramodol, which was not worth the $6.00 Kroger sold it to me for. Tramodol is worse than Tylenol #3s, I think they even sell the stuff online for cats and dogs! Man, one pays $250 and get prescribed this crap, and I was prescribed morphine from my previous PCP and just wanted to change doctors because I figured a pain clinic would have some other ideas other than pills to help my pain.... so far no luck.(I am speaking of the place in Winchester for the most part)

Kentucky has the strictest pain clinics laws of any state in this area, no need to worry about a Florida style pill mill operation here, they would be busted the first day if they prescribed hard opiates to patients with little or no proof of severe pain.

Just because they claim to treat patients for pain does not mean they are prescribing 80mg oxycontin to the kiddies. We really need to get folks educated on this because too many people here have no idea that most pain clinics in this state will do almost anything in the world before they will ever consider prescribing any opiates. The clinic in Winchester had the same stigma at first, but now word is out that they charge $250 a month yet many of their patients get meds on the Walmart $4.00 list- A fact that might surprise many.
Pray for those in pain

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Apr 14, 2011
It's not that kentucky pain clinics won't prescribe opiates, they are just more careful and when they do prescribe them it's not in the strength or quantity found in the pill mills.
In my opinion, the doctors should use strong opiates as a "LAST LINE" for controlling pain becasue when someone does go on to taking this type of medication, they can become dependent or even worse, addicted. Most patients taking these types of meds have to take them the rest of their lives.
Pray for those in pain or struggling with addiction that they will find the relief to get through.
Work Faster faster

Morehead, KY

#11 Apr 15, 2011
im not dumb as you wrote:
what everyone needs to do is get off their fat ass pill butts and get a dam job, like the rest of us. quit sponging off the gov!!!!!!!!
I bet YOU are on welfare. Keep things in context, drugs do not = working!Shesh
marine

Louisville, KY

#12 Apr 21, 2011
Work Faster faster wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet YOU are on welfare. Keep things in context, drugs do not = working!Shesh
you sound ignorant sir.
patient

United States

#13 Apr 21, 2011
Its still spurlock and kerns
Thankful

Hillsboro, KY

#14 Apr 22, 2011
I am a patient at Dr.spurlocks, I have alot of problems with my back. This is a very good facility they do whatever they can to help with the pain. I was given prednisone to help with the swelling in my back and it has helped tremendously... I do work for a living and I have insurance so I don't see the problem of going to a Doctor to seek help so I can continue working to take care of my family...Whoever does not have back problems you should thank your lucky stars..
noworry

West Liberty, KY

#15 Apr 23, 2011
If it's Dr. Spurlock that's running it, then there is no doubt in my mind that it is NOT a pill mill and whatever takes place there will be done in the best interest of the patient and will follow the letter of the law.
He is a good and honorable man and his name alone associated with it is enough to ease my mind that it is legitimate and will be successful.
Peace

Hillsboro, KY

#16 Apr 24, 2011
noworry wrote:
If it's Dr. Spurlock that's running it, then there is no doubt in my mind that it is NOT a pill mill and whatever takes place there will be done in the best interest of the patient and will follow the letter of the law.
He is a good and honorable man and his name alone associated with it is enough to ease my mind that it is legitimate and will be successful.
He couldn't prescribe if he wanted to. He is a chiropractor, not MD.
TinaRenee

Commerce, GA

#17 Jul 1, 2011
I see comments like some above and it makes me sick. I have had suffered from severe pain in my legs and feet, my feet stay numb, that is when they are not burning or hurting me so bad that I cry, I stay in bed most of the time, because I am not able to function 99% of the time. I have been tested, had scans, been through about every test & scan there is. I had the blocks, it almost killed me, and that is exactly what I mean, I ended up in the hospital for days from the first and only block they have done. For those that are on here bashing doctors who prescribe medicines, well in my life and many many others lives without pain medicines there would be no life for us. Some people need to thank God for the lives they have, because one day you may end up being in my shoes and then what would you say/do ?!

And one other thing, I have as well as one of my aunts have suffered and dealed with cancer and the sad part of it is our doctors have been so scared to prescribe pain medicines we suffered, had to be sure and watch how many pills we took/take all because our doctor is scared that he will be shut down and ran out of the town we live in. So sad that we have worked and pain in, and we set now and suffer daily, makes me sick to say the least. I was raised and taught manners and respect, but, I also know what goes around comes around, just wondering what happens when your words come back to haunt you.
TinaRenee

Commerce, GA

#18 Jul 1, 2011
I see comments like some above and it makes me sick. I have suffered from severe pain in my legs and feet, my feet stay numb, that is when they are not burning or hurting me so bad that I cry.
I stay in bed most of the time, because I am not able to function 99% of the time. I have been tested, had scans, been through about every test & scan there is.
I had the blocks they give, the one I had, it almost killed me, and that is exactly what I mean, I ended up in the hospital for days from the first and only block they have done on me.
For those that are on here bashing doctors who prescribe medicines, well in my life and many many others lives without pain medicines there would be no life for us. Some people need to thank God for the lives they have, because one day you may end up being in my shoes and then what would you say/do ?!
And one other thing, I have as well and one of my aunts have suffered and dealed with cancer and the sad part of it is our doctors have been so scared to prescribe pain medicines we suffered, had to be sure and watch how many pills we took/take all because our doctor is scared that he will be shut down and ran out of the town we live in.
So sad that we have worked and paid in, and we set now and suffer daily, makes me sick to say the least.
I was raised and taught manners, as well as respect, but, I also know what goes around comes around, just wondering what happens when your words come back to haunt you.
concerned citizen

Winder, GA

#19 Jul 1, 2011
Bad credit, Bankruptcy, divorce, etc affecting your life? Get help in repairing your credit score, free to start!! http://primeafsales.callcreditrx.com/...
over-it

Mount Sterling, KY

#21 Jan 24, 2012
My story starts with 3 back operations and RA. Pain was really bad. Lexington Pain Clinic Doc prescribed pain meds AND NO OTHER OPTIONS! Took meds for 3 years as prescribed. Nothing seemed to help, the meds only made me feel strange... i decided to get off meds.. WOW i got sick... had to go to The Ridge for help... I have been off them now for 1.5 years!!!! Guess what, i still have the same pain without, as i had with the meds. The only difference is, i have my life back.....Everyone's pain is different, but try EVERY OPTION before going on the meds...they will wear off over time and you will need stronger meds, it never stops!!!!! By the way, they started me on 6 10mg Hydr. 4 times daily. Ended with 2 15 mg oxycod. and 2 40 mgs of oxycontin daily...What was next, i dont know and blessed i didnt have to find out!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowes 57 min Wisdom 37
any single gay men? (Sep '10) 59 min Wisdom 31
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 174,684
Hit and Run 4 hr wrong 48
ISC Morehead Wood Products Whiskey Barrel Factory (Jun '15) 4 hr valerieburchett 30
"Wisdom" evades salvation...but conviction cann... 5 hr Wisdom 2
Marijuana 5 hr Wisdom 6

Morehead Jobs

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages