Are transition lenses any good? Worth...
Four Eyes

San Diego, CA

#21 Jul 15, 2012
I guess I better quit cleaning them with Windex. Oh well.
lindsey

Ottawa, Canada

#22 Oct 30, 2012
they have a new kind of transition lens that does go dark when ur driving and are a little darker than the original ones for ppl who spend alot of time outside or have sensitive eyes to the sun
HJNYC

Bayside, NY

#23 Dec 10, 2012
Transitions are great. I hardly ever notice the difference going from outdoor to indoor and with them I don't need to carry around pair of prescription sunglasses. As I am mostly a contact lens wearer I only buy eyeglasses with transition for those days when I don't feel like being bothered with contacts or shades. It's true that they won't work in a car but its only because the windows in your car have UV protection and the lenses won't activate. All in all I think that transition lenses are the best and for the added price you get the benefit of added protection. Some lenses that you buy with the deals you get don't come with UV protection at all and since our eyes are already in bad shape (if they weren't you wouldn't need glasses) then it's worth it.
FBI

Manama, Bahrain

#25 Apr 25, 2013
get a girlfriend ant try it...its sooo fun..make sure she is pretty otherwise you might want to take of your glasses.hahaha
lenses

Morehead, KY

#26 Apr 27, 2013
I don't know how fast the lenses change or how well they work, but they damn sure make you look like a redneck wearing them. Yes, I have owned several pair, but hey - I AM a redneck.
need glasses wrote:
I have had the same pair of glasses for about 5 years now. I was looking at getting some new ones and just out of curiosity I asked the guy at the Wal-Mart vision center about the transition lenses. I was surprised that basically just add $60 to the price of the glasses you were looking at and thats what it would cost to get transition lenses instead of regular.
The only bad things I have heard about transitions lenses is that they can peel. I asked about this and was told that transition lenses used to just basically be something that you stuck on the regular lens the same way you put tint on a car window. They said thats not a problem now because they don't use that method anymore, he said now they treat the actual lens so there is nothing to peel.
So, I would appreciate anyone who has transition lenses to tell me what you think of them and whether or not you would buy them again.
weird

Plummers Landing, KY

#27 Apr 27, 2013
lenses wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know how fast the lenses change or how well they work, but they damn sure make you look like a redneck wearing them. Yes, I have owned several pair, but hey - I AM a redneck.
That is the strangest response I've ever heard about this subject. Never heard of transitions glasses being "redneck". They just look like sunglasses to me when out in the sun.
lenses

Morehead, KY

#28 Apr 27, 2013
Thats quite possibly because you are a redneck too :) Just kidding. I wore them for years and yes have been told more than once how rednecky they looked. Maybe its just I look like a redneck and the glasses just highlight the effect. Probably had something to do with the camo .....
weird wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the strangest response I've ever heard about this subject. Never heard of transitions glasses being "redneck". They just look like sunglasses to me when out in the sun.
Xing

Springfield, NJ

#29 May 7, 2013
I had transitional a for 5 years, never. had a problem. The new transitionals are better but never use lense cleaners, dish washing liquid or hand soaps works fine cleaning them.
Kate

Allentown, PA

#30 May 10, 2013
I love my transitional lenses. I have an old pair maybe 4 years old that still tint and lighten up just fine. They seem to always darken just the right amount. There is a small lag of time for them to adjust between light and dark. My always tint in the car. I get a pair of coach frames and feel like I'm stylin!
erigo

Thornhill, Canada

#31 Jul 1, 2013
I have had several pairs of transition glasses over the years and I like them. Carrying a seperate pair of sunglasses or clip-ons (which I used before) is a pain. My only complaint about the transitions is what was mentioned earlier and thet is the time it takes to clear up when coming from outdoors to the inside.
Big ben

Lexington, KY

#32 Jul 1, 2013
No. They're for nerds and old people.
Tut Sikimiyancek

Dandenong, Australia

#33 Feb 26, 2014
i have transition lenses. they are very cool. you should buy them if you have a brain.
thank you
Tut Sikimiyancek
Mona

Houston, TX

#34 Apr 11, 2014
Walmart don't know how to make prescription glasses, I had a very bad experience, the optical staff are not experienced, I will never go there again.
Transition lenses are no t worth the money, never want them again.
Michelle

Dawsonville, GA

#35 Apr 11, 2014
They have regular and also more advanced ones that change even behind the windshield.
Fisherman

Aurora, MO

#36 Jan 25, 2015
They require direct sunlight falling on the lenses to actually get very dark. If you wear a brimmed hat, they won't darken very much. I wear a hat in bright, sunny weather and have found them pretty much worthless and not worth the cost.
starrichardson

Greensburg, IN

#37 Mar 18, 2016
need glasses wrote:
I have had the same pair of glasses for about 5 years now. I was looking at getting some new ones and just out of curiosity I asked the guy at the Wal-Mart vision center about the transition lenses. I was surprised that basically just add $60 to the price of the glasses you were looking at and thats what it would cost to get transition lenses instead of regular.
The only bad things I have heard about transitions lenses is that they can peel. I asked about this and was told that transition lenses used to just basically be something that you stuck on the regular lens the same way you put tint on a car window. They said thats not a problem now because they don't use that method anymore, he said now they treat the actual lens so there is nothing to peel.
So, I would appreciate anyone who has transition lenses to tell me what you think of them and whether or not you would buy them again.
My husband has transitions and loves them he won't go back to the tinted style now
Grammy

Clarkston, MI

#38 Jun 8, 2016
Nuna Business wrote:
I have a pair of transition lenses and I will not buy them again. Several reasons -- when you come in from the outside it takes a LONG time to go back to regular classes. When you walk into a store it is hard to see for a few minutes. Secondly, They don't darken behind a windshield -- so if you are driving in the sun they aren't much help. Not bad glasses, I just didn't care for those two things. Hope this helps.
I have had transitions for more than 20 years, and the newest version changes within seconds from dark to light and vice versa.
jacklebeesmith

Charlotte, NC

#39 Feb 6, 2017
Why do people keep saying they do not transition while driving? Mine always have, and I really like having them while driving. Its better than always carrying around 2 pairs of glasses...
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#40 Feb 6, 2017
I tried them for a while and gave them up.

The main reason being that they just don't get dark enough. Here in Florida, half-ass sunglasses just don't cut it. You need the real thing.
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#41 Feb 6, 2017
Strel was in transition. Now, nothing but full on, the real thing. Glasses, ya' know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who are the worse WOMEN around there 9 min Lamont 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min Betty 163,255
The most useless President 45 min trump 13
Our fast food joints 1 hr George Justapose 53
Pops BBQ 3 hr jmmm 7
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr George Justapose 26,111
looking 4 hr Bud Farrington 2

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages