where's the best place to buy fireworks?

where's the best place to buy fireworks?

Posted in the Morehead Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cathy

Grayson, KY

#1 Jun 24, 2010
Does any one know, wheres the best and cheapest place to buy legal fireworks?
BOOM

Olive Hill, KY

#2 Jun 24, 2010
At Lawton on 174 off 60 turn right at at deharts would be on your left coming from morehead about 4 mile from 60 and they have good ones we get some every year, good prices to.
cathy

Grayson, KY

#3 Jun 24, 2010
Is there a store there?
I Know

Grayson, KY

#4 Jun 24, 2010
China.....cut out the middle man
cave run bp

Morehead, KY

#5 Jun 24, 2010
There is a tent that sets up in the parking lot of the bp on ky801 off the 133 exit every year. Not sure what day they will start being out there, but they have always had a large assortment and good prices. (it is not owned or operated by bp)
donnie d

Macon, GA

#6 Jun 24, 2010
I am looking for some sparklers for my kids anyone know were i can find some good ones at
someone who knows

AOL

#7 Jun 25, 2010
just pass the 4 way stop next to the old beachway diner /krossroads restuarant good prices and good deals stop there between 9 am and 6 pm ask for Larry
tellitall

Ruskin, FL

#8 Jun 25, 2010
Tennessee if you want the goodins
goodstuff

Olive Hill, KY

#9 Jun 27, 2010
tellitall wrote:
Tennessee if you want the goodins
true, almost everuything that explodes is illegal in ky, u have to go to tennessee or ohio for the good stuff
kentucky

Cleveland, GA

#10 Jun 27, 2010
yep, tennessee and ohio gots the goods. the colored balls with the long wicks you drop, light and then shoot out a strong tube on the ground are best display for your money, in my opinion.

and as for kids' sparkers, i really like the long pink wooden sticks with the colored candy-like wrap with gold strip twisted up to the paper end that you light. they are really awesome and the long wooden stick i always feel safer letting my boys hold and twirl around.
much preferable to the hot metal ones we had as kids.
they are usually sold in a big box. worth the money, so long as they're not damp.
:)
whatever

Grayson, KY

#11 Jun 27, 2010
If you want the best fireworks and the very best prices go to the stand next to the Pig Out barbecue .They take their fireworks in every night and dont let them draw dampness like most of the other stands do by leaving them outside.We have been buying there for several years now and always been very very satisfied.
someone who knows

AOL

#12 Jun 28, 2010
the stand next to the Pig Out is nothing like the one next to the old diner at the old diner they give good deals and good friendly people
whatever

Grayson, KY

#13 Jun 29, 2010
thats alot of bullcrap. the one next to the old diner has their prices jacked up so high then they tell you alower price to make you think you are getting a good deal.I know the ones beside PIG OUT have the best prices . I have shopped with these people for several years now and you could'nt ask for better people to deal with or better PRICES!!!!!
someone who knows

AOL

#14 Jun 29, 2010
its all in what you ask for but at least the people next to the diner never closes and fireworks dont draw moisture noty possible when they are covered in plastic only way they can get wet is if they get rained on
Wellll

Olive Hill, KY

#15 Jun 29, 2010
The powder can draw moisture without getting rained on.Ask anyone who hunts with blackpowder.
whatever

Grayson, KY

#16 Jun 29, 2010
I agree with Welll. When the dew falls just about anything outside will draw dampness.When the powder in the fireworks gets damp then they can be dangerous.
Pig out

Hillsboro, KY

#17 Jun 29, 2010
Pig out is the best !!!!!!

I have known them for years even way back when they set up in owingsville . I even get a discount if I buy alot . The other stand is way too high on prices and is owned by a man in carmargo .

By the way didn't Larry used to work for the same ones at pig out ?
Yeah

Grayson, KY

#18 Jun 30, 2010
I hear that the stand beside the pig out will be open on july 1st thru the 4th. I cant wait. They have the very of fireworks. Some of my friends bought from there this past weekend and were very pleased.
Wellll

Olive Hill, KY

#19 Jun 30, 2010
we used to take up a large collection and make a run to Smokey Mountain Firework in Jelico.
Yeah

Grayson, KY

#20 Jun 30, 2010
Prices are a lot cheaper beside the Pig Out. i was in Tenn. a while back and the prices were double .Not to mention the gas it cost to go there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The most useless President 15 min Cornfused 36
Our fast food joints 30 min Cornfused 56
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 37 min Mickey402 163,275
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 hr Lou 26,108
the red dragon found in the revelation 12 sign !!! 9 hr Fonzie 31
Pops BBQ 9 hr Fonzie 8
I love short haired girls 14 hr helllllooo 2

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages