Best Apartments to Rent in Town?
your wrong

Olive Hill, KY

#22 Jul 7, 2010
When my wife and I were looking for a place to rent we looked at more than 5 of Whites' places, and none of them was livable. All of them were disgusting, two of them the door was broken and would not close, and altogether he did not have a decent place for any amount of money. Ended up just having to move to the Rose Road trailer park because the place was nicer and about the same price as Whites. White is a slumlord, he keeps his places so disgusting but some people are so bad off they have no choice but to live with it. If you are in that bad shape you would be better off moving into some of the low income housing like Clearfield Green, Clearfield Manor, McBrayor Manor, and I know there is at least one in town.
what

Grayson, KY

#23 Jul 7, 2010
opinion wrote:
You lived in Clearfiend Green? You have been for Fyrl Street? It certainly doesn't sound like it. Like I said, it is like a suburb.
I also noticed that you never answered about the White you were recommending. Were you talking about the slumlord Whites Rentals that operates out of a gas station on 60?
Yes I lived in Clearfield Green, yes it may look like a suburb but please do remember it is near some lovely apartments that make cops hair stand on end. No I will never live there again, it was horrible. Yea it was a nice place, the owners were nice, but the freaks not so nice.
hmmm

Owensboro, KY

#24 Jul 7, 2010
It doesn't matter where you move, you will find less than best neighbors. Clearfield, I wouldn't move there. It's a less than reputable place, taken over by drug addicts. I lived there for 4 years in the apartments and had to move. The trash in the trailer parks is what did it for me. All hours of the night you have idiots knocking on your doors and windows wanting to use this and borrow that. And will steal you blind! I'm not saying everyone in Clearfield is trash, but I feel sorry for the good people who do live out there.
Rude Bizzle Nitch

Morehead, KY

#25 Jul 7, 2010
Thompson wrote:
lived and rented from Wendill over 17 year I bwould never move . will work with you . lets you have your own privacey. I seen all his places very nice. whoever say anything negitive about Wendill must have tried to crook him. He is the most fair man in town. I shop there also best store in town. has more lottery winners in town. I will always do my trade with him. If you got anything bad to say about him or his establishments you must of tried to rob him ,he wont put up with thieves.
Wendill White is a known slumlord. And no I've never rented from him or tried to "crook" him as you say. I just know.
Clearfield

Versailles, KY

#26 Jul 7, 2010
You are right and wrong, there is a trailer park a short distance from the Clearfield Green apartments where somebody was busted for making meth, but actually on the street it is fine. I have never had a stranger knock on my door and ask to borrow something. I have only even met a couple of the neighbors because I stay to myself and so do they. Where I live I do not feel worried about getting robbed or anything because since I moved in a few years ago nothing bad has happened to anyone living in the Clearfield Green apartments. Now, some shady characters live in the Clearfield Manor apartments (owned by same people) but it is income based rent while Clearfield Green the rent is just a set price. Once again, I have lived there for years and never had any problems with druggies or thugs or anything. The worst thing was that there used to be a guy that lived adjacent to the apartments that had huge parties on weekends but they either moved or just stopped doing it because there hasn't been a party there for at least a year.
hmmm

Owensboro, KY

#27 Jul 7, 2010
I've never personally rented from Wendill, but I have seen many of his rental properties when I was considering renting from him and lets just say they are filthy. You have to shell out a lot of money to get crap. Then you have to shell out more to clean it up. I don't know him personally, but if you do not believe me just take a gander at his rental properties and you will see what I mean. Holes in the walls, floors ripped to pieces. Not worth it
hmmm

Owensboro, KY

#28 Jul 7, 2010
Clearfield wrote:
You are right and wrong, there is a trailer park a short distance from the Clearfield Green apartments where somebody was busted for making meth, but actually on the street it is fine. I have never had a stranger knock on my door and ask to borrow something. I have only even met a couple of the neighbors because I stay to myself and so do they. Where I live I do not feel worried about getting robbed or anything because since I moved in a few years ago nothing bad has happened to anyone living in the Clearfield Green apartments. Now, some shady characters live in the Clearfield Manor apartments (owned by same people) but it is income based rent while Clearfield Green the rent is just a set price. Once again, I have lived there for years and never had any problems with druggies or thugs or anything. The worst thing was that there used to be a guy that lived adjacent to the apartments that had huge parties on weekends but they either moved or just stopped doing it because there hasn't been a party there for at least a year.
There are a lot of good people that live out there and I can tell you are one. I feel bad because the beautiful area is being overrun by druggies. I loved living there, but when I started having problems I had to leave. I miss it at times, but it's just not a good place to raise a family. I'm glad to see that you're experience is great!
Polly Prissy Pants

Morehead, KY

#29 Jul 7, 2010
Joe White has some nice rentals on Clearfield Hill- it's a single family home made in to three apartments plus two in the back. Quiet, clean, quiet, keeps the grass mowed, quiet, and does allow pets. And did I mention quiet!!:)
Well

Morehead, KY

#30 Jul 7, 2010
This is a college town what do u expect the placed to look like. I rent off of Wendell. He is one of the best landlords around. if u tell Him something needs fixed he will have u buy the stuff and take it off of ur rent it's not like it cost u ne thing to fix it.
Wondering

Versailles, KY

#31 Jul 7, 2010
Well, what do you pay per month? I live in a very nice 1 bedroom apartment but it is a very large bedroom, a nice kitchen, a large living room/dining room, and a laundry room. It comes with central heat and air that you have total control over (some places only give you control over whether or not the fan is blowing) and washer and dryer. We pay our own utilities but my rent plus utilities only runs about $450-$500 per month, and thats with the thermostat set at 60-65 (I like it cold). I live in the Clearfield Green apartments. I don't feel safe enough to leave my door unlocked but I feel safe enough to not worry about anything when it is locked. Plus, all the apartments have some pretty heavy duty dead bolt locks. If you can show me a place as nice as that for as cheap, then I might concede that there are better places to live, but from my experience you can't live in a nicer place than Clearfield Green without paying out the butt.
Haha

Morehead, KY

#32 Jul 8, 2010
opinion wrote:
Clearfield Green are probably your best bet. Rent is only $355 per month, water/sewer runs about $30 per month and electric runs about $70 per month so all you NEED will run you just over $450 per month. The landlord's nice, the places are clean, an all around nice place to live.
do you mean clearfield manor?
opinion

Versailles, KY

#33 Jul 8, 2010
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
do you mean clearfield manor?
No, I meant Clearfield Green, its a short ways down the same road as Clearfield Manor and is owned by the same people. Clearfield Manor is like 178 Fyrl Street and Clearfield Green is 187 Fryl Street. Clearfield Green is nicer than Clearfield Manor, for one because Clearfield Green has washer/dryer in the apartments and secondly because the rent is not based on your income. At Clearfield Manor, your rent depends on your income (which could be good or bad)...Lets say your rent is $300, but you get a big raise, your rent will go up to, say,$350. That, is bad. But, if your rent is $300 and then you get fired, your rent might go down (I think they have a minimum, but I do not know what it is).

To sum up, no, I did not mean Clearfield Manor.
Just Saying

Grayson, KY

#34 Jul 11, 2010
No way wrote:
It's according on what size pet u have Wendell usually will work something out with u he is GREAT best landlord in Morehead.
After reading this post, I contacted Wendell about some places he has. I have a dog..he's full grown and weighs approximately 5 LBS. Wendell flat out said that my dog HAS to stay outside at all times. Fuck that, it's too hot for my dog to stay out in the summer and too cold for him to be out all winter. That would be considered animal abuse in my book.
ReNt

Morehead, KY

#35 Jul 12, 2010
Haha, you guys are dumb! I stay in Morehead (near downtown) in a trailer for $275/month + utilities. BEAT THAT! You guys think you know everything.. I'm not even from here and I probably got THE ABSOLUT BEST RENT YOU CAN FIND IN MOREHEAD!
howboutthis

Olive Hill, KY

#36 Jul 12, 2010
I heard the Lewis apts are not bad, either from Cliff or Roger..heard they are worth looking at.
Just Saying

Grayson, KY

#37 Jul 16, 2010
I went and checked out several of Whites' places and they were HORRIBLE! All of those places should be condemned.

“here doggy doggy”

Since: Feb 10

Bumfuc, Eqypt

#38 Jul 16, 2010
The cleanest apts are Hollen rentals , good luck getting in because there's always a waiting list .
Just Saying

Grayson, KY

#39 Jul 16, 2010
Shoot Em Down wrote:
The cleanest apts are Hollen rentals , good luck getting in because there's always a waiting list .
Where is that located at?

“here doggy doggy”

Since: Feb 10

Bumfuc, Eqypt

#41 Jul 17, 2010
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is that located at?
They have apts in different parts of town and the county. There is always a waiting list because their apts are nice and very clean . And handle any problems that may come up very quickly. You can reach them by calling Hollen Rentals.
brass eagle

Seymour, IN

#42 Jul 17, 2010
mabry rentals close to campus all utilities paid. very reasonably priced free parking for tenants at the brass eagle apartments on campus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whats been going on for many years I hope you g... 18 min Dixie 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 46 min Pat Henry 161,310
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Strel 25,308
Puppymill in Morehead (Dec '09) 1 hr Dixie 44
ISC Morehead Wood Products Whiskey Barrel Factory (Jun '15) 5 hr CfR 17
James Michael Henderson (Aug '13) 6 hr Shyshyshy 5
boyfriend problems 8 hr Joker 36

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages