rowan county jailer
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
curious

London, KY

#1 Oct 1, 2008
What does everyone think of this jailer?
horseman

Lexington, KY

#2 Oct 4, 2008
I think he is worthless. He does not care at all for the inmates.he would rather let them lay there and suffer then send them to the doctor. what he forgets is that they are still human. just because their in jail does not mean that they are worthless people. To make things worse he treats his deputies worse than he does the inmates and he wonders why he can't keep good deputies. He fired one of his deputies for releasing a man after the judge ordered the man to be released because the jailer would not take him to the hospital. The man was going through withdraws from alcohol.the man ended up being in the hospital for a week from this.That is the kind of jailer the people elected don't you want one like that in your county.
local and worried

Grayson, KY

#3 Oct 4, 2008
horseman, I'm sorry but my tax dollars shouldnt be spent on someone whose very own choices put them in a situation that was life threatening, such as D.T's from alcohol withdrawal. This is America and by God personal responsibility has been pushed to the wayside in favor of taxdollars being spent for someone, typically in some government capcity to look out for everyone else. If people were forced to be responsible for their own actions and lives we would once again rise to the top of the world instead of falling victim to the endless whining crap the responsibe people have to deal with from the ones that arent. If more junkies and drunks would die our communties would have more money to spend on the productive members within them.
ky girl

Lexington, KY

#4 Oct 4, 2008
If the inmate would have laid there and died and then his family sued what would your tax dollars been paying for then.
ky girl

Lexington, KY

#5 Oct 4, 2008
local and worried wrote:
If more junkies and drunks would die our communties would have more money to spend on the productive members within them.

Do you have kids? Or family?
Just wondering cause more than likely you have family members or close friend that are junkies.
People you would not even think of are all on drugs.(pot, pills , whatever they can get.

Since: Oct 08

Morehead

#6 Oct 4, 2008
Ky girl, stop and think about what you just wrote. Why do those people have the right to sue the county for a situation they themselves are responsible for? That is another example of the bullshit philosophy our society has created that the stupid and unproductive members have more rights than those that contribute to the community. I dont have a problem with recreational use of any substance, but its your own problem if you let that take control of your life. ITS PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!
I have children and they are taught they are responsible for their own decisions and not to blame anyone for the problems they bring on themselves. Its completely idiotic for anyone to be able to sue for something they brought on themselves, and for our society to implement that thought process shows how little we care about personal freedom. I think if we spent less on the losers we could spend more on those that attempt to be winners, now isnt that an amazing concept? We cant stop evolution and the more we promote ignorance and stupidity the more those factors will infuence our society, ultimately leading to the downfall of our way of life.
I owe those that contribute nothing to my community NOTHING, and believe to have my tax dollars spent on such trash is completely unconstitutional, and to be honest should be illegal.
horseman

Lexington, KY

#7 Oct 4, 2008
I think if the world would have more compassion then that certainly would help our society as well. I am not going to totally disagree with you, people do need to take responsibilty for their actions but as human beings we have or should have the obligation to help a fellow human or animal stay alive. I think it would have been much more expensive if the gentleman that I mentioned earler would have died and sued the county no matter if he won or lost. I WILL NOT vote for anyone that treats others this way. Roger Thomas never treated anyone that way at all.
And I am not a lawyer but I would certainly think that it is illegal for the jailer or any deputy to let someone lay there and die especially when they had orders from the JUDGE to send that individual to the hospital. Our Jailer then fires the deputy for doing what his superior told him to do, it is this holier than thou attitude that this county can do without!
concerned citizen

Cleveland, GA

#8 Oct 23, 2008
I think that some of the local people working at the jail should be fired. You know if they are at work they should be doing there job and not be there to flirt with the people visiting other inmates. And when you know that you are married and the guard is married and they are out in the parking lot sleeping with you when they are on the clock they should lose their job and then there marriage.
morehead mafia

Lexington, KY

#9 Oct 23, 2008
would that not be on video camera, the car/van shakin' after both get in? Seems like a FOIA would
get those tapes act quick and hire a P.I/Attorney
if the spouce/s; suggests extortion one way or
the other?
morehead mafia

Lexington, KY

#10 Oct 23, 2008
I know of one arrested that had a broken "toe" shall we say that spent most of the weekend before finally being sent to the hosp. his arrest was do to a altercation not drunkeness and what happened to innocent until proven guilty, that protects us all "responsible" or not, from over zealous procecutions and set ups.
myft

Olive Hill, KY

#11 Oct 23, 2008
I think the police only arrest guilty people so I dont see what is wrong with the jailer doing things to them. I mean, it wouldnt be right to kill them without a trial but a couple of cigarette burns should be no biggie.
morehead mafia

Grayson, KY

#12 Oct 23, 2008
IF that broken "toe" was to cause a permanent disability would that not be cruel and unusual punishment for a hot tempered moment with another young man, I think the one was charged with wanton endangerment, and he basically took the rap cause the other one was on parole and he did not want him to get it revolked, thinking on the feet but working system, still, he was not completely innocent.
And the other guy went free?

Why is Rodger Thomas so desirable?
Did he and a former Mayor commit arson and got it (almost) covered up? Real honest jailer there eh?
Hearing Chatter

Grayson, KY

#13 Oct 24, 2008
I have been hearing chatter about citizens having
to pay prices similar to those of a cheap motel
on per day/night basis.
Does anybody know if there is any truth to that?

I always thought that punishment was rendered in
the form of fine, imprisonment, or both...
Not fine, imprisonment, and rent-a-cell fees!

But I'm never the less hearing some chatter of
county inmates being billed for staying in jail.

Surely I'm being misinformed.

I'm hearing chatter about some other things going
on at the jail too, but I want to confirm that
the rent-a-cell chatter is accurate or inaccurate
before bringing up the other things.

According to several, there is a set fee per night
and if you get Work Release to pay for your cell
you have to pay additional fees for being allowed
to work and pay for your stay.
Anonomoose

Grayson, KY

#14 Oct 24, 2008
all part of privitization, soon
Wakkenhut or Blackwater will put
in a bid to run the jails.
concerned citizen

Cleveland, GA

#15 Oct 25, 2008
concerned citizen wrote:
I think that some of the local people working at the jail should be fired. You know if they are at work they should be doing there job and not be there to flirt with the people visiting other inmates. And when you know that you are married and the guard is married and they are out in the parking lot sleeping with you when they are on the clock they should lose their job and then there marriage.
If they watched the white compact truck that set in the space close to the jail they should see him entering on a so called smoke break. I would say that afterwards he had smoke coming out of his ears if anything. I just wonder how the wife found out about it so fast for her to call and jump him within a few minutes of the incident and know one else said anything because he still had his job.
concerned citizen

Cleveland, GA

#16 Oct 25, 2008
morehead mafia wrote:
would that not be on video camera, the car/van shakin' after both get in? Seems like a FOIA would
get those tapes act quick and hire a P.I/Attorney
if the spouce/s; suggests extortion one way or
the other?

If they would watch the white compact truck that sits close to the door when the employee comes out for a so called smoke break he would be seen entering the vehicle and exiting with smoke coming out of his ears from the good time that he had. I just wonder how his wife found out so fast and the jail didn't find out or chose to look the other way because last I heard he still had his job.
Wondering Mind

Cleveland, GA

#17 Oct 28, 2008
Who are you all talking about getting caught???
concerned citizen

Dahlonega, GA

#18 Oct 28, 2008
one of the guards that was fooling around on his wife on company time
wondering mind

Lexington, KY

#19 Oct 30, 2008
name please????
jail

Morehead, KY

#20 Nov 4, 2008
wondering mind wrote:
name please????
lewis

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leslie Black 59 min Curios 14
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 13,100
Wisdom and restrooms 1 hr Wisdom 266
prince albert piercing 1 hr Wisdom 17
Medicaid revamp 1 hr Wisdom 12
#RefugeesWelcome (Nov '15) 1 hr Wisdom 387
Liberalism has its consequences 2 hr trump 272
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages