16th Region Basketball Tourny

Posted in the Morehead Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18

Since: Feb 09

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 6, 2009
 
Does anyone know the cost to get in this Saturday?
crazy

Olive Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 6, 2009
 
If i am not mistaken they are 8.00
hottie mama

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 6, 2009
 
I know Katie Martin #22 for Rowan County should have been the MVP tonight. Elliot County fans have poor sportsmanship!!! The Lady Vikings could go all the way!
curious

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 6, 2009
 
so who was the mvp?
16th region

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 6, 2009
 
Its $5.00 for general admission at the front gate of the AAC. Katie Martin is an amazing player for us and would have got the MVP if Lakin Griffith from Elliot Co. hadn't received every vote from every coach in the region. She was averaging almost a triple double in every game in the tourney this week. Congrats to Rowan for the win, they are awesome, the 9th region is tough and two good teams are playing tomorrow to see who RC plays, but it will be awesome to be in Diddle Arena again this year, 3 out of 5 years aint bad. krk

Since: Feb 09

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 6, 2009
 
Thanks
Informed Fan

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 6, 2009
 
debbiekayern wrote:
Does anyone know the cost to get in this Saturday?
$7.00 for reserved tickets and $5.00 for general admission
Informed Fan

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 6, 2009
 
16th region wrote:
Its $5.00 for general admission at the front gate of the AAC. Katie Martin is an amazing player for us and would have got the MVP if Lakin Griffith from Elliot Co. hadn't received every vote from every coach in the region. She was averaging almost a triple double in every game in the tourney this week. Congrats to Rowan for the win, they are awesome, the 9th region is tough and two good teams are playing tomorrow to see who RC plays, but it will be awesome to be in Diddle Arena again this year, 3 out of 5 years aint bad. krk
Lakin is a good player but consider the teams they played in the tournament. Lewis and Boyd County did not have the record that East and Ashland had. Elliott did pull the weaker side of the bracket.
Un-informed Fan

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 6, 2009
 
They sure did, for their first time in the regional tourney EVER, not bad. They have never been past the first round of district before. Yeah I think that they did Great. I am a ROWAN FAN, but you gotta give it to Elliot, for their first time out. Rowan has won their district about every year in the last 30, and won region 7 or 8 times in the last 30 years. Elliot, 1 district champ, this year, in the last... Oh Forever. Lakin is better then anyone on our team, I hate to say that.
observer

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 9, 2009
 
hottie mama wrote:
I know Katie Martin #22 for Rowan County should have been the MVP tonight. Elliot County fans have poor sportsmanship!!! The Lady Vikings could go all the way!
I went and watched this game I would have to say that they should have behaved better but when the refs. miss as many calls as they did or make the bad calls they did any coach or player would be upset. The game was very close until the last quarter. Rowan had a lot more fouls than Elliott in the first half. But I don't believe that they or Elliott could or will make it past the first game at state.
bad calls

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 9, 2009
 
That game was called just fine. The Refs called it both ways and Rowan Girls will easily make it passed the first round, they beat boone county by 20 pts already this season. The second round will be the hard one.
bogious

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 9, 2009
 
i hope rowan county gets their butts stomped in the firts round cause you know scott tackett made a smart remark about lakin griffith after the game and personally i know this girl and her mother and scott tackett had no business making a smart remark like he did about lakin, lakin scored over 2,000 points this yr by herself i would like to see some of the girls from rowan county do that in one yr. but you know our elliott county girls done a great job but i knew rowan would beat us but you know i was all for rowan county in the state tournment but now i hope he gets the chit beat out of his girls cause i hope the other teams beat them so bad they walk out in shame. but if scott tackett wouldn't have made such a smart remark i would have supported rowan all the way but i could care less GO DISTRICT 9 BEAT THOSE ROWAN COUNTY GIRLS AND BEAT THEM BAD
Baller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 9, 2009
 
first of all it is impossible to score 2000 points in one year she would have to had average almost 60 points a game and second of all it's 9th region NOT district!! Get your facts straight!
Curious

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 9, 2009
 
What did he say?
Ignorance

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 9, 2009
 
Baller wrote:
first of all it is impossible to score 2000 points in one year she would have to had average almost 60 points a game and second of all it's 9th region NOT district!! Get your facts straight!
It's the 16th Region - not the 9th Region if you want to get your facts straight. Rowan County girls played hard all year and deserve to go to the State. I'm not saying Elliott girls did not play hard either - but the better team came out on top for the Regional Champs. I am not from Elliott, but I hope the Elliott boys go to State and make a good showing. I would love to see them win the state championship - it would be so nice to have a small town team with heart, spirit and amazing talent represent Eastern Kentucky as the State Basketball champions instead of one of those big central or western state schools. So I'm glad Rowan girls are headed to Bowling Green - but I also say Go Elliott County and Good Luck in taking the top prize in boys basketball.
hottie mama

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 9, 2009
 
All I know is that Katie Martin got cheated out of the MVP trophy. Whatever Lakin did was a great accomplishment but what does it have to do with the 16th region tournment? Nobody had a better tournment than Katie. And speaking of smart remarks did anyone elso hear Dale Ferguson showing his ass again like he always does. He had a few smart remaks as well and one of these days Matt Martin will finsih the job he started in Elliot County last year. And we here in Rowan County can't wait for the day.
hehe

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 9, 2009
 
Rowan is playing against the 9th region, that is what they are talking about. Rowan girls will win the first round and then get beat in the 2nd by either E-town or Lexington Christan. That's too bad.
wondering

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 11, 2009
 
hottie mama wrote:
All I know is that Katie Martin got cheated out of the MVP trophy. Whatever Lakin did was a great accomplishment but what does it have to do with the 16th region tournment? Nobody had a better tournment than Katie. And speaking of smart remarks did anyone elso hear Dale Ferguson showing his ass again like he always does. He had a few smart remaks as well and one of these days Matt Martin will finsih the job he started in Elliot County last year. And we here in Rowan County can't wait for the day.
Who is Matt Martin and what job will he finish in Elliott Co?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

58 Users are viewing the Morehead Forum right now

Search the Morehead Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min lmao 146,027
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 31 min ;)) 81,559
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 55 min curious 128,516
Grimes; The lies get bolder 1 hr Wisdom 133
Time to "DITCH MITCH" 1 hr Wisdom 26
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr Ricky Noya 16,114
Where is Gregory Stevens? (May '13) 5 hr Gregory Stevens 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Morehead Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Morehead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Morehead News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morehead
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••