Gas Prices Too High
local

Cleveland, GA

#1 Feb 22, 2013
Has anyone else noticed that the spike in gas prices has coinsided with tax returns being received. Everybody wants a part of the return if you are fortunate enough to get one. Gas companies will use any excuse to raise prices.
yep

Wallingford, KY

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Everybody wants a piece of the unpaid pie.
Ann

Lexington, KY

#3 Feb 22, 2013
local wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the spike in gas prices has coinsided with tax returns being received. Everybody wants a part of the return if you are fortunate enough to get one. Gas companies will use any excuse to raise prices.
Since gas prices seem to rise and fall several times a year, I think what you're observing is more of a coincidence than an actual correlation.
local

Cleveland, GA

#4 Feb 22, 2013
I have observed many raises and falls of gas prices and there usually is little or no justication for them. When the the news media goes looking for answers they are given four or five flimsy excuses for them and no one really seems to know for sure WHY prices are going up. So my reasoning is as sound as theirs and makes more sense. Any time the public has more money to spent or a reason to spend it the price of gas goes up.
economist

Morehead, KY

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Do you think it has any thing to do with our national debt and the falling value of the dollar?
Ann

Lexington, KY

#6 Feb 22, 2013
local wrote:
I have observed many raises and falls of gas prices and there usually is little or no justication for them. When the the news media goes looking for answers they are given four or five flimsy excuses for them and no one really seems to know for sure WHY prices are going up. So my reasoning is as sound as theirs and makes more sense. Any time the public has more money to spent or a reason to spend it the price of gas goes up.
So which is it - that there is usually little or no justification for the fluctuation in gas prices (your first sentence) or that the fluctuation depends on how much money the public has to spend on gas (your last sentence)? Neither your reasoning nor "theirs" (whoever they are) is sound.

Gas prices are predicted to reach a $5/gallon national average this year. Will it coincide with vacation season? Probably. Because that's when people use more gas. Same reason why Christmas decorations are more expensive before Christmas than after. Retailers sell products for the most amount of $ when people need/want those products most. It's simple business, not some kind of tax-return conspiracy. Gas prices are lower now than they will be in a few months.

Have you considered that gas prices are increasing because the payroll tax cuts have expired? Higher payroll taxes have led and will continue to lead to higher prices for just about everything.
Car Driver

Dunmor, KY

#7 Feb 22, 2013
It don't seem to stop these low-life fat arse cig smoking pop drinking cell phone talking turds from driving though.
single payer

Vienna, WV

#8 Feb 22, 2013
Prices are going up because workers are paying more social security?

They are big oil, watch Cars 2.

!
Wisdom

Shelbyville, KY

#9 Feb 22, 2013
You should not complain- everybody pays the same price. Isn't that what all of you want- the same for everybody. This is the model of which you beg. So, Comrades- enjoy.
gas

Newburgh, IN

#10 Feb 22, 2013
Gas is just too high
happy

Newburgh, IN

#11 Feb 22, 2013
high
awful

Wallingford, KY

#12 Feb 22, 2013
Yes gas is too high, I've stated my opinion.
Seen it

Berea, KY

#13 Feb 22, 2013
Across the county line into bath county. Gas was 13 cents cheaper at that Bo in salt lick
Seen it

Berea, KY

#14 Feb 22, 2013
Bp in salt lick, my bad on the spelling
Here is what I do

Lexington, KY

#15 Feb 22, 2013
When gas gets high like this I only buy the amount I am going to need for that day and then I DRIVE SO DAMN SLOW.

This works for me, in fact I find I like going slow. I never need to be in a hurry, I just leave earlier. If you don't like me doing 45-48 MPH please feel free to pass, I'll even let up off the gas so you can get by quicker.

It's amazing the cars that pass me that are then sitting still at the next traffic light when I arrive there.
qaxyax

Monessen, PA

#16 Feb 23, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Reasons are Error,gas prices arent getting any better

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Big Al 167,816
Lay off Wisdom 6 hr Uncle joe 13
Meth dealers in Rowan county 7 hr Uncle joe 11
Cd leadingham 7 hr local 4
Terry Whitt age 51 7 hr local 6
where is a good place for guys to meet other gu... 10 hr dick 1
Kimmel 2020 17 hr trump 7

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages