RCSHS Baseball
Parent

Lexington, KY

#1 Feb 21, 2013
Why is there so few kids out for high school baseball this year?
Another Parent

Lexington, KY

#2 Feb 21, 2013
I guess you're just looking for speculation, since there's bound to be more than one reason behind the low number.

Here are some ideas I have on the matter:
-Maybe high school boys are too busy playing their x-boxes and play stations to worry about doing anything physical.
-Maybe high school boys these days are more interested in scoring with the girls than scoring for a team.
-Sign-ups are often influenced by the cool factor. Maybe it's not cool to play baseball this year.
-Maybe the coach enforces a no cell phone rule and the boys would rather play on their phones than play on a field.
-Maybe they all recognize that baseball is boring as hell.
-Maybe practice is the same time as some other activity, and the majority of the guys chose the other activity.

Honestly, the possibilities are endless. See if you can come up with some of your own ideas. Or do you already have an idea why and you're just using this forum as a way to spread rumors or something?
Please

Morehead, KY

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Coach Davis and his staff are the reason. He needs to go back to Boyd Co.
Agree

Lexington, KY

#4 Feb 22, 2013
Please wrote:
Coach Davis and his staff are the reason. He needs to go back to Boyd Co.
I totally agree with that statement. This guy is a complete moron. How in the world did he ever get a job teaching, much less coaching. He is a bumbling idiot that cannot communicate with adults and definately not the kids.
love

Newburgh, IN

#5 Feb 22, 2013
love the game
sam

Whitney, TX

#6 Feb 23, 2013
we think he has done a good job, he has good ideas but has ran into road blocks and doesnt't seem to get the support he should have. our son liked playing for him. i agree with above lets face it it's not like when we went to oschool technology has taken over and the kids are just lazy now days. it's always easy to oblame the coach
what

Lexington, KY

#7 Feb 25, 2013
sam wrote:
we think he has done a good job, he has good ideas but has ran into road blocks and doesnt't seem to get the support he should have. our son liked playing for him. i agree with above lets face it it's not like when we went to oschool technology has taken over and the kids are just lazy now days. it's always easy to oblame the coach
Doesn't have support???? Are you kidding? He has either of two fields that he can use. The city provides all the maint./ labor on his field. He has to do very little fund raising. He doesn't have to lift a finger. He has new lights on his field (again at no cost to his program). I just don't see how someone can say he doesn't get the support he needs. Maybe if he didn't run off so many kids the last 2 years, he might not have the need to try and take players from the middle school to have a team. He comes across as a egotistical spoiled as that needs to quit bitching and start coaching. Other sports don't have a problem getting kids out to play.
Please

Olive Hill, KY

#8 Feb 25, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text> Doesn't have support???? Are you kidding? He has either of two fields that he can use. The city provides all the maint./ labor on his field. He has to do very little fund raising. He doesn't have to lift a finger. He has new lights on his field (again at no cost to his program). I just don't see how someone can say he doesn't get the support he needs. Maybe if he didn't run off so many kids the last 2 years, he might not have the need to try and take players from the middle school to have a team. He comes across as a egotistical spoiled as that needs to quit bitching and start coaching. Other sports don't have a problem getting kids out to play.
I totally agree!!
Angry Parent

New Kensington, PA

#9 Feb 25, 2013
Would you guys please stop! My son plays for coach davis. Coach davis coaches his butt off. If you don't know go to one of his practices. I cannot believe you grown ass men get on topix! My son came to me and wanted me to look at what was being said. It's so funny to hear people talk when they have no clue. He only wants what is best for our kids and the program. It doesn't have anything to do with the baseball fields, even though just ask the superintendent his thoughts. I just ask you to watch what you say because it's about my son and his teammates. Also, the moron thing is funny from above. I don't know too many morons who have an associates degree in special education, a bachelors degree in special education, a masters degree in guidance counseling, a masters degree Of administration and a DPP certification, lol. Bottom Line is let it be! I go to practices and they work hard everyday. I'm sure he would find the time to speak with you guys if you have a problem with him. You guys are giving up who you guys are, lol. You must truly think people are morons. Just let it go and think about these kids. Be men, not drama queens.
Please

Olive Hill, KY

#10 Feb 26, 2013
His win/loss record speaks volumes about his coaching ability. College degrees don't make him a good coach. And I am not a man!!!
angry parent

Morehead, KY

#11 Feb 26, 2013
Man or woman, you are an adult. As I have said before i'm ashamed of myself even getting on hear, but my 16 year old son asked me to take a look. This will be my last post. As a parent I understand my son is only as good as the hard work he puts in. It is the nature of the beast to put the blame on the coach, but we all understand how it goes. I am from Rowan County. You can go back and look at the win/loss record and it has been a long time since Rowan has had a 20 win season. Let's face it, this program has been down for quite sometime. Not just the last 2 years. Last regional title was 1981 if I'm not mistaken. Last district title was 2007, I think. So it isn't the past two years. It is actually progressing. Last year my son was a freshman. He played JV and Varsity both. The varsity team lost many 1 run games. Lost twice to Ashland, who are the defending regional champs, both times by 1 run. So they are not far off. We also finally have fall ball and a summer ball team which helps build programs. So as a parent, I am pleased in the direction the program is going. Bottom line is a coach takes too much blame, yet at the same time they sometimes also take to much credit. The coach can only do so much for my son. It is up to him to take care of the rest.
Please

Olive Hill, KY

#12 Feb 26, 2013
Yes I am an adult and as such I am entilted to my opinion. I graduated from Rowan Co many years ago. I have seen coaches come and go. He is not building a program, he is destroying what is left of this one. I know at least 10 kids who are excellent baseball players who refuse to play for him. HE IS THE PROBLEM!!
Go Ahead

Lexington, KY

#13 Feb 26, 2013
Name them!
Please

Olive Hill, KY

#14 Feb 26, 2013
I am not going to put children's names on topix! If you are a parent of a current team member you should now yourself.
Please

Olive Hill, KY

#15 Feb 26, 2013
know not now oops!!
LOL

Olive Hill, KY

#16 Feb 27, 2013
Angry Parent wrote:
Would you guys please stop! My son plays for coach davis. Coach davis coaches his butt off. If you don't know go to one of his practices. I cannot believe you grown ass men get on topix! My son came to me and wanted me to look at what was being said. It's so funny to hear people talk when they have no clue. He only wants what is best for our kids and the program. It doesn't have anything to do with the baseball fields, even though just ask the superintendent his thoughts. I just ask you to watch what you say because it's about my son and his teammates. Also, the moron thing is funny from above. I don't know too many morons who have an associates degree in special education, a bachelors degree in special education, a masters degree in guidance counseling, a masters degree Of administration and a DPP certification, lol. Bottom Line is let it be! I go to practices and they work hard everyday. I'm sure he would find the time to speak with you guys if you have a problem with him. You guys are giving up who you guys are, lol. You must truly think people are morons. Just let it go and think about these kids. Be men, not drama queens.
Wow you really know alot about this coaches credentials. It would almost appear that the coach is bragging about his educational background. LOL It doesn't however prove he is a "GOOD" teacher or a "GOOD" coach. LOL I guess it does prove that he can prove to the baseball community that he isn't an uneducated moron......but an educated one. LOL
Really

Morehead, KY

#17 Feb 28, 2013
It's always the coaches fault right? Just some mad parents whose son wasn't good enough to play so you attack the coach. It's all good. Or you are some good ole boy coaches who knows someone, who knows someone, who got you a job way back when who has been coaching little league, city league or middle school or something like that. You are mad because for some damn reason? You have not coached at the high school level? Maybe you have applied and someone,(not from rowan county) got the job instead of you now your mad. I am also a graduate from rowan county and i have seen this crap go on. Its embarrasing on your part to get on here and talk about someone who you do not know, nor has ever been to a practice or a game and don't even know what the coach is even about. Oh but wait! they won the city league championship!!! Why in the hell are they not winning the state championship now?!!! It has to be because the coach is a moron, right? lol get a life I hate people who get on here and talk crap. Tell the coach to his face he is a moron, or continue to make yourself feel better and talk behind peolple's back on topix. Good job, you guys are really doing things!
Good 4 you

Morehead, KY

#18 Feb 28, 2013
Really wrote:
It's always the coaches fault right? Just some mad parents whose son wasn't good enough to play so you attack the coach. It's all good. Or you are some good ole boy coaches who knows someone, who knows someone, who got you a job way back when who has been coaching little league, city league or middle school or something like that. You are mad because for some damn reason? You have not coached at the high school level? Maybe you have applied and someone,(not from rowan county) got the job instead of you now your mad. I am also a graduate from rowan county and i have seen this crap go on. Its embarrasing on your part to get on here and talk about someone who you do not know, nor has ever been to a practice or a game and don't even know what the coach is even about. Oh but wait! they won the city league championship!!! Why in the hell are they not winning the state championship now?!!! It has to be because the coach is a moron, right? lol get a life I hate people who get on here and talk crap. Tell the coach to his face he is a moron, or continue to make yourself feel better and talk behind peolple's back on topix. Good job, you guys are really doing things!
Well good for you. Talk with the coaches at East Carter or Boyd Co. they literally laugh when you even mention his name. They can't believe Rowan even hired this guy. He wasn't even a good assistant coach. If you don't believe me then just ask around a bit. He has run off kids then complains because he doesn't have enough players. I am a mother that has seen first hand some of his underhand dealings. I could go into more detail but you wouldn't believe it anyway.
love the game

Cleveland, GA

#19 Apr 9, 2013
Looks like this season is starting the same as last year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The false narrative of liberal optics 21 min Mary 99
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 34 min ChromiuMan 168,988
Dems drop collusion for racism, promotes victim... 1 hr Wisdom 97
Thank you President Obama (Sep '12) 1 hr Wisdom 589
The most useless President (Apr '17) 1 hr Wisdom 840
Better life church (Dec '15) 3 hr Watcher 30
Sharkey Freewill Baptist Church (Jul '15) 16 hr PAPA1010 6

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages