Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86161 Feb 18, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Hello/good-night, folks. Busy day today, and unable to post. Zzzzzzzzzzz......You guessed it, slept all day. That's terrible. I expect to do better tomorrow. Old Arthur visited me today, including my fingers, so I was unable to type much. AW's remedy does work, but I am unable to take Ibuprophen along with Coumadin. Arthur gets ravenously hungry, and eats the cartilage in my joints. He ate so much a couple of years ago, I had to go to the hospital to have a titanium joint put in my big toe area. Arthur's last name is Osteo. He has a half brother called Rheumatoid. When they both gang up on me, all hell breaks loose. Oh, well. BTW Abeliever and others interested. There will be fighting over water rights someday. Apparently Georgia has considered moving its border to get rights to the Tennessee River. Of course, Tennessee has no interest in this. In the not so distant future, we will see scrambling over natural resources. With much of the world going hungry, particularly third world countries, we will see battles over water and food. Rough times ahead, folks. Good night Love and Prayers to all.
Back at you lala. Get some more rest and hope you are feeling bete tomorrow. I am glad Kentucky has plenty of water sources.

Goodnight lala, love, hugs, and blessings to you, hubby, and the little one.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86162 Feb 18, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I worry so badly about my young family members. What kind of world have we created? Their futures seem grim. I worry about their safety and freedom.
AB, that link with the 'bar code' things was really interesting! Amazing, actually. But it makes sense.
On that same line, I did a Google Earth zoom on my own property again just a week ago. ODDLY, I have a circular/spiral pattern on the ground pretty far back in the woods that appears to be created with large boulders, if what I saw is correct. It's extremely odd and I'd never noticed it while walking in the woods before. But from the satellite image, it's a clear as can be!
It seems that Google Earth has updated their aerial view of my locale. During the time of year that this newest image was taken, the trees where pretty bare, so it really stuck out!! I'm going to head out there to see if I can find it and investigate further as soon as the weather is nice enough. It's extremely odd in shape.
I wish so badly I could show it to you all, but it would give my location away. How very sad it is that we can't trust the stalkers in cyber-land. I'd love to show it to everyone in this thread. Maybe it's something left behind my the native American Indians, I just can't be sure yet. I do know that my area used to be sacred hunting grounds for the Cherokee, so there's no telling what I'll find out there.
Pretty exciting, huh?
Wow, do you think it is the sink hole and if not and something else, did you see any abnormalities from the last time you checked in the area of the sinkhole? That bar coding was new to me. I run into some strange articles while I scout through every news site out there. I hope you find something interesting and historical and not a big sinkhole. Keep us posted on what you find. Might be a treasure of Cherokee artifacts. You could have a goldmine there and not know it. I hope so. That would be great huh?

I hope you are feeling better.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#86163 Feb 18, 2013
Sorry to take so long getting back to you AB. I heard a ruckus outside and went to check on it. I had a possum in my chicken coop. Thank God I'd not gone to bed yet, I'd not have heard anything and would no doubt have lost a hen or two by morning.

But all of my featherheads are okay, thank you Jesus. I've got the possum trapped now and will deal with it appropriately tomorrow. Thankfully, I didn't have to kill it. It will be living down by the Cumberland River tomorrow, well away from here. I hate to think it, but I know that I'm not going to keep getting this lucky getting rid of little varmints the way I have been for much longer. It's a numbers game of nature against human, but I have to protect my chickens first and foremost. I see now where it got in and I'll reinforce that part of the floor tomorrow when I get back from transplanting this fat, sharp toothed trespasser...

As for the rock 'design' I saw, no, it's not part of the sink. It's at least 500 feet further east of it. Such an odd thing it is to see from the satellite view. When I saw it, I zoomed in for a better look, sat back in my chair, looked again, then sat back for a few more minutes. It took a while for what I was seeing to sink in.. I couldn't believe it. Very bizarre thing and it HAS to be large boulders because there's no other explanation for the color and "broken" shape of the spiral/circle. I can hardly wait to see it up close. I'll take a tape measure with me to I can gauge how wide it is, etc.

I'm going to run for now. I need to shower again and put on fresh P.Jammies. I feel like I have chicken dander all over me. I'm itchy from the coop and not ashamed to admit that I got a little sweaty coming face to face with that critter growling and snarling at me. It's VERY lucky that I didn't shoot it..
(What an adrenaline rush)....

Everyone have a blessed evening. Goodnight!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86164 Feb 18, 2013
Hi Nope, I am glad you saved your feathered ones. Sounds like quite an adventure. Hope you didn't have the wind and rain we have up here.

You have a good night. I am heading to bed as soon as Hawaii 5-0 goes off. I am tired.

Have a blessed night yourself.

Goodnight everyone.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#86165 Feb 18, 2013
I just got out of the shower. Got all the 'itchies' scrubbed off of myself. My head even itched.. I powder the coop regularly for mites and such, but it still gets dirty in there during the winter when I don't clean it as often because it's so cold out. And let me tell you, there was dust flying in there tonight with all of that scuffle, ROFLMBO!!

And yes, it's terribly windy here too. I'm having a hot cup of lemon chamomile tea, listening to it roar out there. Spooky!! Hope no one looses power tonight from falling limbs. It sounds mighty strong. My lights have been flickering for the past couple of hours, so a power outage might come. There have been periods that it sounds like a scary movie out there, the moans of the wind around the eaves of the house, hehe. Like it's talking, bwaahahahaha. I've got my wind up lantern here at my side, just in case the lights go out.

I'm going to hit it as soon as I finish my tea and then go out to make sure that the possum hasn't hurt itself in the cage... I'm strange that way. Even though it got in some place where it shouldn't have, the least I can do is be compassionate toward it until I can relocate it tomorrow.

Have a restful night everyone!
:)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#86166 Feb 18, 2013
dog/tree/check on the wood burner... I added wood but the new stove is big enough to hold fire all night. This thing is about 30 inches in all 3 directions and has double access doors. It is in the part of the homestead that was once the back porch and sits on concrete that I covered with used bricks. the back outside wall is concrete block up 36" from the floor and is what I punched through to add a new clay thimble that goes to the block chimney outside. Above that back 36" concrete (painted sandstone) is an old barn lumber wall decorated with antique hand tools and such (Cracker Barrel style). Quite homey with my collection of hats, Sweetgrass floral filled baskets bought from the "Gullah" natives (just north of Charleston SC). I also have my ancestor's smoking pipe, handmade walking cane, and wire rim glasses from the Civil War Era.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#86167 Feb 18, 2013
As for the water shortage mentioned in some prior posts, I don't worry much about that. I have a creek in front of my homestead and it is only about a one mile trek to the river and I know how to live without running water, since I did for the first several years of my life anyways. Rain water can be caught and pumped into the cistern that is under the front part of the homestead. Right now it is closed off, but is reuseable. The down spouts have a trip valve where the initial rain is dumped onto the ground to clean the roof, then opened to feed the cistern that I can access from inside the house. Lack of electric and water would be inconvenient, but not a disaster.

If the toilet don't work I can easily re-build that same little building that once sat up the hill and had a crescent-moon shaped hole in the door and put a thunder mug under my bed. LOL Concern for potential disasters and "prepping" is one reason I moved here to my folk's old country place almost 3 years ago. I can survive better here than anywhere else and if I don't, then I have the CREATOR to take care of the rest. I don't get all that concerned about conspiracy theories since I have done about all I can already and the rest I will leave to GOD. My immediate family can also leave town life and come here, if needed.
ty

Bowling Green, KY

#86168 Feb 18, 2013
This is all stupid
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#86169 Feb 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Hello bird threaders, where is everyone? Haven't seen Hempburn in a few days. I am hoping and praying things are still going well for Blueminer. I know Ancient Wolf is enjoying his new wood stove and making his list for the Dollar General. Here just a short month ago Una would be helping you with that list. haha
lala, AW, you didn't try that home remedy of WD40? You never know. That list was interesting I posted. Can't wait to try a few of them myself that I have never heard of.
Nope, Misty-Eyed, Blueminer, Hempburn, and the rest, I hope you have a peaceful night and don't get blown away. Tornados in Texas.
Morning AB,, I'm still hanging around, just not to say, chillin out and chasing sleep. It is still very windy here but not storming or tornados that I know of. Not a big believer in the wd40 thing, worked with it daily for years and I still got arther in the finger joints, epic fail for me, but if it works for some people go for it. Ok, it's almost 5 here and my coffee aint growing legs and coming to me..

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#86170 Feb 19, 2013
Good morning,everyone. The wind was whipping up a short while ago. It is getting colder outside, but birds are still singing in the trees. Stein went out to his tree, but made it back in record time. Hopefully, I'll pop in more frequently today, and check out what everyone is talking about. AW is right; he's in the country and has a water resource available to him, if need be. So do I, but I still worry about other folks from more populated areas, especially the children. We have overpopulated this planet, and there is a finite supply of earth's natural resources. Already we see famine in third world countries. And unfortunately, when people use up "theirs" they come to get "ours."

Right now, I hear our resident hoot owl. He has a "friend" a short distance away. They are hooting back and forth to each other. It is amazing to see the number and variety of birds out here. I really enjoy them. I'll have to get suet to hang in the trees. That helps them to keep body heat for when the temperature plummets.

Well, bye for now . Will check in a bit later. Lala

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86171 Feb 19, 2013
Well another day, another happy bird.

Location hidden

#86173 Feb 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Sorry to take so long getting back to you AB. I heard a ruckus outside and went to check on it. I had a possum in my chicken coop. Thank God I'd not gone to bed yet, I'd not have heard anything and would no doubt have lost a hen or two by morning.
But all of my featherheads are okay, thank you Jesus. I've got the possum trapped now and will deal with it appropriately tomorrow. Thankfully, I didn't have to kill it. It will be living down by the Cumberland River tomorrow, well away from here. I hate to think it, but I know that I'm not going to keep getting this lucky getting rid of little varmints the way I have been for much longer. It's a numbers game of nature against human, but I have to protect my chickens first and foremost. I see now where it got in and I'll reinforce that part of the floor tomorrow when I get back from transplanting this fat, sharp toothed trespasser...
As for the rock 'design' I saw, no, it's not part of the sink. It's at least 500 feet further east of it. Such an odd thing it is to see from the satellite view. When I saw it, I zoomed in for a better look, sat back in my chair, looked again, then sat back for a few more minutes. It took a while for what I was seeing to sink in.. I couldn't believe it. Very bizarre thing and it HAS to be large boulders because there's no other explanation for the color and "broken" shape of the spiral/circle. I can hardly wait to see it up close. I'll take a tape measure with me to I can gauge how wide it is, etc.
I'm going to run for now. I need to shower again and put on fresh P.Jammies. I feel like I have chicken dander all over me. I'm itchy from the coop and not ashamed to admit that I got a little sweaty coming face to face with that critter growling and snarling at me. It's VERY lucky that I didn't shoot it..
(What an adrenaline rush)....
Everyone have a blessed evening. Goodnight!
Hubby used to have the bad habit of not securing the lid on our horses' feed bucket. One night, I went in the barn to get feed, stuck my hand in the bucket, and felt a scruffy coat. I immediately jumped and pulled my hand out quickly. Lucky I wasn't bitten by the possum sitting in the grain, having a good time, eating to his heart's content. Poor possum was just as startled as I was. From then on, I always look before I dip the can into the feed bucket. Those critters hiss when they feel threatened.
Birds

Beaver Dam, KY

#86174 Feb 19, 2013
?
tailwag

AOL

#86175 Feb 19, 2013
" homeland " has already purchased millions of rounds of ammunition and many tons of other military equipment ,....

dozens of detention camps are in the planing stage , some are already being built

these so called camps are designed for containing many hundreds of thousands of American citizens

tell me ,....
who are the people the liberal / progressives planing to inter ?
i dont understand what is being planed ,...
but something is up

Location hidden

#86176 Feb 19, 2013
tailwag wrote:
" homeland " has already purchased millions of rounds of ammunition and many tons of other military equipment ,....
dozens of detention camps are in the planing stage , some are already being built
these so called camps are designed for containing many hundreds of thousands of American citizens
tell me ,....
who are the people the liberal / progressives planing to inter ?
i dont understand what is being planed ,...
but something is up
I have been following this for some time, as you may know, from popping in from time to time. Both the Patriot Act and the NDAA have markedly reduced our freedoms, to the point that I believe that we are already under a soft form of martial law. The government knows something that we don't know. We will soon find out.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#86177 Feb 19, 2013
Wow, slow day on here today, perhaps a record quiet. Shhhh, I'll step lightly.
Hmmm

Frankfort, KY

#86178 Feb 19, 2013
Please do else you might kill the lil people down there!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#86179 Feb 19, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been following this for some time, as you may know, from popping in from time to time. Both the Patriot Act and the NDAA have markedly reduced our freedoms, to the point that I believe that we are already under a soft form of martial law. The government knows something that we don't know. We will soon find out.
I agree with you on this. Americans have been losing their rights willingly for years. For example with growing hemp or marijuana. I have no problems with any kind of plant even poppy for that matter to be grown. But, no, our government and the laws enacted from our leaders say no. You will be fined and/ jailed. Yet, our government does not fall under those same laws. It can tax and distribute Mary Jane as she is or in the form of marinol.How does one explain that to someone who's been incarcerated ? or has been forced to purchase with insurance what could have been raised by their own hands? The government has gone from caring about the rights of the citizens to earnings from taxpayers/ businesses. It's too big for its britches.
mr topicx

AOL

#86180 Feb 19, 2013
the FEMA camps will be for any gun owners , after the mandated 'turn in' date

Democrats have proposed a bill that would require all gun owners to undergo random inspections of their home by a sheriff.

It would allow the sheriff to inspect whether gun owners had taken adequate steps to "safely and securely store the weapon."

bill, SB 5737, would prohibit the sale of weapons with detachable magazines

Location hidden

#86181 Feb 19, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you on this. Americans have been losing their rights willingly for years. For example with growing hemp or marijuana. I have no problems with any kind of plant even poppy for that matter to be grown. But, no, our government and the laws enacted from our leaders say no. You will be fined and/ jailed. Yet, our government does not fall under those same laws. It can tax and distribute Mary Jane as she is or in the form of marinol.How does one explain that to someone who's been incarcerated ? or has been forced to purchase with insurance what could have been raised by their own hands? The government has gone from caring about the rights of the citizens to earnings from taxpayers/ businesses. It's too big for its britches.
I agree with what you say, but not much can be done about it, because most people are either unaware or apathetic. Right now we have a facade of government. There is really no distinction between political parties, and even if an honest person runs for office, wins, there are so many pressures from the military/industrial complex, that the honest individual eventually caves. Big corporations and special interest groups are very powerful and actually run the government by attaching legislation that is beneficial to them to really good legislation, and thereby slide by under the radar. The really powerful and moneyed individuals will always get what they want, at the detriment of the "little people." You can bet these folks know what is really going on and have prepared for their safety, but the general public remains in the dark. Remember the old adage, "Money talks." Right now, for example, there is a huge problem in Louisiana, with the expanding sinkhole. The perpetrators of that fiasco is Texas Brine Company. They have not been penalized for causing this environmental disaster. In fact, it is only reported locally, so most people don't even know that there is a problem. If/when that sinkhole blows, it will almost certainly trigger the New Madrid, and it's "Good-night, Irene." The same could be said about BP Oil. Nothing much has happened to them, and now that the news about the spill has died down, few people know that oil is still spilling in the Gulf of Mexico. I just throw my hands up in frustration. Social media is our last chance. Things might change if more people speak up. It is not easy for them to hide then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min ChromiuMan 131,963
Bad gas at kroger (Jan '11) 4 hr worthit 73
brand name closeouts 6 hr Molly 6
Black lives matter 22 hr huh 30
What restarants have a smokers section 22 hr smoking 4
rowan cty christmas 22 hr ted 34
Is Santa in town? Sun Parent 1
Morehead Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Morehead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morehead News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morehead

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Preview, Prediction for Bengals vs. Broncos
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
NFL Power Rankings Week 17: Predicting Post-Monday Night Football Standings
NBC Sports10:10 AM
Why does Cincinnati shrink in the spotlight?
NBC Sports10:31 AM
Cowboys' collapse never occurred
Bleacher Report 1:31 PM
Allen (Knee) to Get MRI; Considered Day-to-Day