big lots infestation
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Admiral

Morehead, KY

#1 Dec 3, 2011
Do not buy food from big lots in morehead there is mouse pee and poop all over it, all along the wall thats next to cici's is disgusting, im really suprised the health department hasnt shut them down, its illegal to take food from the shelf coverd in crap and put it back on there.

GROSS!
Jim Bob

Olive Hill, KY

#2 Dec 3, 2011
FYI they don't charge extra do they?
Just asking

Morehead, KY

#3 Dec 3, 2011
Are you kidding ? I shop there a lot .I would like to know the truth about this place .

“What happened to self reliance”

Since: Jul 11

Los Altos Hills, CA

#4 Dec 3, 2011
Do you eat the package? Besides Americans eat poop, pee, insect parts every single day. The health department? They set the standard on how many pieces of poop and insect body parts are allowed in a package.
Admiral

Morehead, KY

#5 Dec 4, 2011
I'm serious, and moonshine 2 inch's of poop is over the limit. raise the bottom shelf up and you will see.
i did it

Fairborn, OH

#6 Dec 4, 2011
Dr Moonshine wrote:
Do you eat the package? Besides Americans eat poop, pee, insect parts every single day. The health department? They set the standard on how many pieces of poop and insect body parts are allowed in a package.
Why would the health department take a look at big lots? They don't prepare food.
Jim Bob

Olive Hill, KY

#7 Dec 4, 2011
So this bear was pooping in the woods when a rabbit happened by the bear asked "hey do you mind when poop gets on your fur?" the rabbit replied "no not really" so the bear picked up the rabbit and wiped his butt with it...
Wondering

Dayton, OH

#8 Dec 4, 2011
Maybe infestation's problem is coming from cici's.Cici's would be great home for mice.
Jim Bob

Olive Hill, KY

#9 Dec 4, 2011
Wondering wrote:
Maybe infestation's problem is coming from cici's.Cici's would be great home for mice.
come on CiCis is not Chuchky Cheese and besides something needs to eat there
Anonymous

United States

#10 Dec 4, 2011
That shit prob came from Cicis
Admiral

Morehead, KY

#12 Dec 5, 2011
um when things covered in mouse pee and poop are put back on the shelves, when the employees know is messed up. I'm not sure why i am being bashed for telling people not to eat food covered in shit sorry i don't get it. And its on around and under the shelves. I am just saying.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13 Dec 5, 2011
Dr Moonshine wrote:
lol. all jokes aside thats pretty gross!!
Curious

Morehead, KY

#14 Dec 5, 2011
Admiral wrote:
um when things covered in mouse pee and poop are put back on the shelves, when the employees know is messed up. I'm not sure why i am being bashed for telling people not to eat food covered in shit sorry i don't get it. And its on around and under the shelves. I am just saying.
You don't think that groceries in this condition would be noticed by people when they go to purchase them? I don't do a lot of shopping there, and never buy groceries there, but I did take special notice when I was there yesterday after reading this thread. I didn't see anything like what you are describing.

I think people are smart enough to not buy something if they pick up the package to put it in their buggy and it is as gross as you say. But then again, maybe I give people too much credit?
hmmmm

Ashland, KY

#15 Dec 5, 2011
sounds like it is stretched a bit.
Admiral

Morehead, KY

#16 Dec 5, 2011
It was just on the one wall, and yes you give people far to much credit. I would hope they would have it cleaned up by now after several people noticing. At least i would hope so.
Sleuth

Morehead, KY

#17 Dec 9, 2011
Admiral wrote:
It was just on the one wall, and yes you give people far to much credit. I would hope they would have it cleaned up by now after several people noticing. At least i would hope so.
I was there today. Because I had read this thread, I went over to that wall and took a really good hard look at the packages, the shelves (even against the wall behind the items) and the floor in front of the shelves. Everything was clean and neat. No sign whatsoever of any rodent droppings or signs that anything had been wet. I'm not convinced there ever was a problem. Sounds more like sour grapes to me.

“What happened to self reliance”

Since: Jul 11

Los Altos Hills, CA

#18 Dec 9, 2011
MistyHills82 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. all jokes aside thats pretty gross!!
It's not a joke. Skippy's Peanut Butter pays a fine to the FDA every year for allowing more than the allowed contaminants into their products. They aren't the only food manufacturing company to do so. The way that most of our food are processed, it extremely easy for bug parts, feces, and puke end up inside the packages. Not to worry though, by the time you open the package, those things have been reduced to a mere speck that you have to look for with a magnifying glass.
Admiral

Morehead, KY

#20 Dec 13, 2011
Sleuth wrote:
<quoted text>
I was there today. Because I had read this thread, I went over to that wall and took a really good hard look at the packages, the shelves (even against the wall behind the items) and the floor in front of the shelves. Everything was clean and neat. No sign whatsoever of any rodent droppings or signs that anything had been wet. I'm not convinced there ever was a problem. Sounds more like sour grapes to me.
Yeah its amazing how when people start talking about a problem it gets fixed...
Interesting

Morehead, KY

#21 Dec 13, 2011
Admiral wrote:
I'm serious, and moonshine 2 inch's of poop is over the limit. raise the bottom shelf up and you will see.
So you work there. Who else would have the opportunity (or desire) to raise the bottom shelf? We'd probably be surprised in many stores to see what was hidden under a permanent shelf structure. Mice get in just about everywhere and under a shelf is not somewhere that they routinely clean.
Admiral

Morehead, KY

#22 Dec 20, 2011
agreed, ive realized its not just big lots its a lot of stores, ones in older buildings being worse, but big lots did clean it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Secular Humanist 171,804
China star 6 hr exactly 38
Liberals and protection of women 7 hr Wisdom 94
Making America Great Again! 7 hr Wisdom 73
pride festival 8 hr Logger 39
Drs at uk women's health Morehead (Aug '12) 8 hr Woof 46
Reality Prez 17 hr Hah 31

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages