Backward Compatible Playstation 3 for...

Backward Compatible Playstation 3 for sale - make a great Christmas present

Posted in the Morehead Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
selling

Cleveland, GA

#1 Nov 11, 2010
I have an 80 GB backward compatible PS3 for sale. If you don't already know, that means it will play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games. They don't make these anymore, and they usually sell on eBay for more than $500 used.

I am just wanting to switch to one of the new slim models, so I will sell mine for what it would cost me to buy one. So, based on Wal-Marts current price, that is $318 after tax. It will include the PS3 itself, the power cable, one Dual Shock 3 controller, and I will even throw in an HDMI cable. So,$318 OBO. Leave an email address if interested and I will email you back.
selling

Cleveland, GA

#2 Nov 12, 2010
Anyone?
selling

Cleveland, GA

#3 Nov 12, 2010
I forgot to mention this, it will also come with the connector for an SDTV (a regular TV) for those who do not have HDTVs.
wondering

Cleveland, GA

#4 Nov 12, 2010
What condition is it in? Would you take $275?
selling

Cleveland, GA

#5 Nov 12, 2010
It is in very good condition. Absolutely no problems and it looks great. There are some small scratches on the top but overall great condition. I couldn't go as low as $275 but I would take $300 even. If your interested leave an email address and I will email you back.
selling

Cleveland, GA

#6 Nov 13, 2010
I received an email asking for more info, so I will post it here too:

First of all, it is a model CECHE01, which is the very last model to have backward compatibility. That means that it will likely have fewer bugs than the original models. In addition to that, it still has 4 USB ports and the card reader that was changed in later models.

You are right though, I had not looked recently what they were selling for and it turns out that for the most part they are selling for closer to $400 used (found one for $800 new though). Regardless, my price is less than the average selling price. I will even lower my price to $300 even. That way, you can pay $318 for a PS3 that just plays PS3 games or you can pay $300 for a used PS3 (in great shape though) that plays PS1, PS2, and PS3 games.

Plus, if you already had a PS1 or PS2 you could sell it to recoup some of the costs of buying the PS3, plus you would be saving precious space in your entertainment center. Or you could keep the PS3 for yourself and give the PS2 away as a Christmas present. Either way, its a good deal.
maybe

Morehead, KY

#7 Nov 13, 2010
If you still have it at the end of the month I will probably want it. Game Stop charges $250 plus tax for a 40 GB used one that is not backward compatible so it is a good deal, I just don't have the money right now.

I will check back when I have the money.
Great but

Dahlonega, GA

#8 Nov 13, 2010
It is a good deal, except, there is no warranty. So if someone buys it from you and a day, or week, or month later it breaks, they are out $300 dollars down the drain. ..of course if I had an extra $300 I might chance it, lol. I'd love a backwards compatible one for all my PS2 games :)
selling

Morehead, KY

#9 Nov 13, 2010
Well, thats true. On the other hand, even with a warranty if they claim it is your fault they will charge you to fix it, and in that case you are usually better off just having someone local that knows what they are doing to fix it.

Thats just the price of buying a backward compatible one, because they don't make them anymore you won't be able to find one with a warranty through Sony and if it had a warranty at all it would be 3rd party. I don't know, you might even be able to buy a Square Trade warranty for this, I just don't know.

That being said, it has been taken good care of and has never had any problems.
gamer

Versailles, KY

#10 Nov 15, 2010
Well, I will probably want it if you still have it at the end of the month. I was bidding on one on eBay because the price was cheap but by the time it was over it was $400. I will have $300 cash in hand on the first of December if you still have it.
selling

Morehead, KY

#11 Nov 15, 2010
If I still have it I would be glad to sell to you. However, I won't hold it for you. I will sell it to the first person who gives me the $300 for it.
selling

Versailles, KY

#12 Nov 17, 2010
I have had a couple people express interest in buying it later, anyone interested in it now?

I might also consider just trading for a PS3 slim, depending on HDD size, condition, and how old it is.
Randy

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Nov 21, 2010
Would you want to trade an older model with no backwards play (the one after yours) along with maybe $100-$150?
selling

Morehead, KY

#14 Nov 22, 2010
Sorry, no. I am just interested in getting a Slim model.
interested

Cleveland, GA

#15 Nov 28, 2010
have you sold your playstation?
selling

Morehead, KY

#16 Nov 28, 2010
No, I still have it. If you are interested you can leave an email address and I will contact you.
interested

Cleveland, GA

#17 Nov 29, 2010
did i miss your e-mail very interested.
selling

Morehead, KY

#18 Nov 30, 2010
You can email me at [email protected]
selling

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Nov 30, 2010
Are you still interested? I never heard from you
interested

Cleveland, GA

#20 Nov 30, 2010
email [email protected] give me all details on ps3 and howm i can see will get in touch with younto see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 3 min DaveinMass 437
lock up kim davis 12 min Messenger 22
When will brothers and sisters be able to marry? 43 min ___Jenny___ 13
Not Kim 54 min ahmi yat ahmi 95
the bible is being fulfilled 56 min ___Jenny___ 14
News Antigay Kentucky Clerk Inadvertently Married Th... 1 hr Messenger 24
Dave Adkins (Jan '15) 1 hr christian 15
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 1 hr TomInElPaso 3,150
Has Kim Davis Been Married 4 TIMES??? 2 hr nehushtan 13
More from around the web