The future-ObamaCare
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#87 Dec 10, 2012
The Sebelius Coverup; Contracting with friends....and political corruption isn't to be expected when they take over 1/6 of the GDP ??

Obamacare’s insurance exchanges need scrutiny.
DEC 10, 2012, VOL. 18, NO. 13 • BY JEFFREY H. ANDERSON

Many states are wisely signaling that they aren’t interested in doing the Obama administration’s bidding on Obamacare. As a result, many if not most of Obamacare’s insurance exchanges — the heart of the beast — will have to be set up and run by the Obama administration at the federal level.

States are not required to set up Obamacare exchanges, but it seems to have surprised observers that many are choosing not to. Politico reports that, with only 17 states so far having said they will set up the exchanges, the “Department of Health and Human Services’s role in bringing the law to life is going to be a lot bigger than originally thought.” More than a third of all states have already said they won’t set up the Obamacare exchanges. Among others, Republican governors Scott Walker, John Kasich, Sam Brownback, Rick Perry, Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley, Nathan Deal, Paul LePage, Robert Bentley, Mary Fallin, and Sean Parnell have said they’ll refuse to set up the exchanges in their states.

In Missouri, voters took matters into their own hands, approving a ballot measure to vest authority over the decision in the Republican-led state legislature, rather than leaving it up to the Democratic governor. Missouri will not be establishing an exchange. Utah governor Gary Herbert, meanwhile, has opted for a sort of mild civil disobedience, saying that his state will continue to pursue “our version of an exchange based on defined contribution, consumer choice, and free markets”— a type of exchange that is rather plainly banned by Obamacare.

States’ refusal to be complicit in this crucial aspect of Obamacare should shine a spotlight on the development of the federal exchanges — and what it illuminates won’t be pretty.
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#88 Dec 10, 2012
The corruption....

The Obama administration’s congressional allies botched the drafting of this aspect of the health care overhaul, as the plain language of Obamacare doesn’t empower federal exchanges to distribute taxpayer-funded subsidies to individuals; it empowers only state-based exchanges to distribute the subsidies.(The administration pretends otherwise.) Moreover, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is lagging behind in developing the federal exchanges.

It gets worse.**->-> HHS has contracted with a subsidiary of a private health care company to help build and police the very exchanges in which that company will be competing for business.->The person who ran the government entity that awarded that contract has since accepted a position with a different subsidiary of that same company. An insurance industry insider (speaking on the condition of anonymity) says that HHS, in an attempt to hide this unseemly contract from public view until after the election, encouraged the company to hide the transaction from the Securities and Exchange Commission.

According to my source (the basis for most of this account), in January,**-> HHS awarded Quality Software Services, Inc.(QSSI) what the Hill describes as “a large contract to build a federal data services hub to help run the complex federal health insurance exchange.” At that time, the director of Obamacare’s newly established Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO)— which the Hill describes as “the office tasked with crafting rules for the national exchange”—>-> was Steve Larsen.

***->-> Larsen had been the insurance commissioner for Maryland when Obama’s HHS secretary, Kathleen Sebelius, was the insurance commissioner for Kansas, and the two are reportedly close. The CCIIO awarded the Obamacare exchange contract to QSSI while Larsen was the CCIIO’s director, and he played a central role in planning the construction of the exchanges — although it’s not known whether he made the decision to award the contract to QSSI or not.

Under the contract that it signed with HHS, QSSI’s power would be substantial — as QSSI would shape, run, and affect companies’ ability to compete to sell insurance through Obamacare’s federal exchanges. The Hill writes,“A draft statement of work for the contract awarded to QSSI states the contractor should provide services necessary to acquire, certify and decertify health plans offered on a federal exchange.” Moreover,“It stipulates the contractor should monitor agreements with health plans, ensure compliance with federal standards and”— somewhat strikingly —“take corrective action when necessary.”
chevy

Mount Sterling, KY

#89 Dec 10, 2012
Obama health care is going to be the biggest intercourse you'll ever have. Get the Ky jelly out you will need it.
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#90 Dec 11, 2012
Surprise !!! An unexpected tax thrown in because of ObamaCare...per employee, per person.

WASHINGTON — Your medical plan is facing an unexpected expense, so you probably are, too. It’s a new,$63-per-head fee to cushion the cost of covering people with pre-existing conditions under President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul.

The charge, buried in a recent regulation, works out to tens of millions of dollars for the largest companies, employers say. Most of that is likely to be passed on to workers.

Employee benefits lawyer Chantel Sheaks calls it a “sleeper issue” with significant financial consequences, particularly for large employers.

“Especially at a time when we are facing economic uncertainty,(companies will) be hit with a multi-million dollar assessment without getting anything back for it,” said Sheaks, a principal at Buck Consultants, a Xerox subsidiary.

Based on figures provided in the regulation, employer and individual health plans covering an estimated 190 million Americans could owe the per-person fee.

The Obama administration says it is a temporary assessment levied for three years starting in 2014, designed to raise $25 billion.

Most of the money will go into a fund administered by the Health and Human Services Department. It will be used to cushion health insurance companies from the initial hard-to-predict costs of covering uninsured people with medical problems. Under the law, insurers will be forbidden from turning away the sick as of Jan. 1, 2014.
single payer

Ashland, KY

#91 Dec 11, 2012
Don't abort your babies because its immoral but let the sick die because they cost us too much. Democrats think just the opposite which isn't any better. This whole country is the model for all other countries... TO AVOID.
my two cents

Morehead, KY

#92 Dec 11, 2012
single payer wrote:
Don't abort your babies because its immoral but let the sick die because they cost us too much. Democrats think just the opposite which isn't any better. This whole country is the model for all other countries... TO AVOID.
Democrats support murdering innocent kids with abortion but are against the death penalty for murderers on death row! Go figure.
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#93 Dec 11, 2012
But you will never get them to confess, because of the dichotomy of the convictions. Kill the most innocent, save the murderer.

Keep the US out of my uterus, but you can control EVERYTHING ELSE.

I could many more, but really, why bother?

The most recent- PRO-CHOICE; BUT NOT RIGHT TO WORK, huh, union thugs- that'll get ya. The military can have gay soldiers shoved at them, but heaven forbid a worker have the right to be non-union and work alongside a union worker. HAH !!!!( The sad part is this is also Obamas' position...ya think it has to due with union extorted dues and campaign finance...naw.)
Observer

Richmond, KY

#94 Dec 11, 2012
As ususal, Repugnicans have a problem with a womans right to choose, but they dont mind aborting the young men when they turn 18 and can wear a uniform. Teabaggers have never seen a WAR they didnt like.
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#95 Dec 11, 2012
Liberals are a lot like communists, except they don't support the military nor defend the borders.
single payer

Ashland, KY

#96 Dec 11, 2012
Teafaggers are a lot like nazis , except they don't like non-whites as much.
Observer

Richmond, KY

#97 Dec 11, 2012
I, Personally, probably spent more time in the Military than your whole family combined. Throw in my Brother's time and I am sure of it. The largest difference between the two of us is...That I have seen first hand, what our military spends and how it is spent. It isnt a very pretty picture. I am proud of my service and look back on it as a chance to educate myself about the world and it's darker sides.(I have seen many)
Since Carter left office we have defended our borders in Grenada, Panama, Lebanon, Somalia, Iraq and Afghanistan with a dash of Pakistan and Libya thrown in. Probably MOST could have been prevented with a different tactic by our Commanders in Chief. When Republicans choose NOT to risk THEIR lives or those of THEIR children, but think it is fine that all of those poor and ignorant young men do it for them, the choice for war is an easy one.
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#98 Dec 12, 2012
Ahhhh, how about defending the American border.
Wisdom

Florence, KY

#100 Dec 12, 2012
OOOOOPPPSSS, Ya think some of the Democrats may be realizing their mistake.....

Suddenly Democrats Want to Delay ‘Job-Killing’ Obamacare Tax on Medical Devices

Now they are concerned. Suddenly 18 Democrat Senators want to delay the Obamacare “job-killing” tax on medical devices.

Previously, then Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said that we have to pass the bill [Obamacare] in order to find out what is in it. Really? Long after the Obamacare bill was passed politicians still refused to say what was in it, even though many on the Right stated that there were numerous taxes that would be bad for the economy. Suddenly, following the 2012 election Democrats have had an epiphany, have become enlightened and now are urging a delay in some of the taxes from the Affordable Care Act.

After all this time, after all their defense of Obamacare, suddenly sixteen present and two Senate-elect Democrat US Senators are sending Democrat Senate Majority leader Harry Reid a letter calling for a delay in the “job-killing” tax. Even though some of the Senators on this list who have medical device companies in their states, they still voted for Obamacare. It is only now on the verge of the tax being implemented, January 1, 2013, it has become an issue.

->->Sixteen Democratic senators who voted for the Affordable Care Act are asking that one of its fundraising mechanisms, a 2.3 percent>>>> tax on medical devices scheduled to take effect January 1, be delayed. Echoing arguments made by Republicans against Obamacare, the Democratic senators say the levy will cost jobs — in a statement Monday, Sen. Al Franken called it a “job-killing tax”— and also impair American competitiveness in the medical device field.

The senators, who made the request in a letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, are>>>> Franken, Richard Durbin, Charles Schumer, Patty Murray, John Kerry, Kirsten Gillibrand, Amy Klobuchar, Joseph Lieberman, Ben Nelson, Robert Casey, Debbie Stabenow, Barbara Mikulski, Kay Hagan, Herb Kohl, Jeanne Shaheen, and Richard Blumenthal. >>>All voted for Obamacare.

Two other Democrats, senators-elect Joe Donnelly and Elizabeth Warren, also signed the letter. Donnelly voted for Obamacare as a member of the House. Warren was not in Congress at the time.

Suddenly after the election and all the lies that have been spewed about Obamacare,->-> Democrats now have developed a conscience that Granny’s hip is going to cost more. However, in order to delay or get rid of this tax, Democrats are going to have to come up with $29 billion. That is the amount that is supposed to come in from this medical device tax. As stated at Powerline, Democrats are now admitting that Obamacare is a jobs killer. Where were they for the past four years? Its not just this tax that is a jobs-killer, all of Obamacare is one.

->->Of course the medical device tax will cost jobs, as will any number of other taxes that support Obamacare. These Democrats are latecomers to the party, and they would have more credibility if they had not voted for the bill in the first place.

****->-> I suspect that what is going on here is that these Democrats know there is no chance the medical device tax will be repealed, but they want whatever political cover may come from having complained about it, notwithstanding that they voted for the tax.

There are consequences to votes and following Obama blindly so that liberals could accomplish their Holy Grail of socialized medicine.***-> The result is a deviating effect on the economy.
What is pro choice

Dahlonega, GA

#101 Dec 13, 2012
Those in favor of abortion say they are pro-choice. Well, what "choice" are they talking about? It is whether you "choose" to murder your baby or let the baby live. I am not as hard line as some folks on this because I believe in the case of rape or incest, abortion could be an option. But, I don't believe in killing your baby just because you and/or your partner were just too dumb to use some form of birth control. This is punishing an innocent baby for your foolishness.
Veteran

Dahlonega, GA

#102 Dec 14, 2012
Someone (observer) wrote that Republicans were not willing to serve or let their children serve in the military. Well, tell me just what branch of service did Bill Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama serve in? I believe to be Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, at some time you should have been a member of one of the Armed Forces. This goes for Republicans, Democrats, Independents and all. This should be a requirement to be eligible to run for president. Oh, by the way I am a Vietnam Vetern who served with the 1st Sig Brigade in 1966 and 1967 in Pleiku Vietnam. Also lost a younger brother who was serving with the 4th Inf Div in Kontum Vietnam in 1969.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Just Saying 138,076
looking for a child psychologist 4 hr Cara 2
Where is Quentin now days? (Jul '14) 5 hr Bluegrass 11
kroger girls (Sep '11) 6 hr Oh yeah 62
Storage Auctions 6 hr Curious 1
NO to a bigger jail 9 hr Wisdom 14
Becki Kellogg 11 hr Oops 3
More from around the web

Morehead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]