Animal Cruelty cases
Unbelievable

Richmond, KY

#1 Oct 2, 2012
I have been hearing a lot about animal abuse here in Rowan County and watched the puppy mill trial with interest. I just got back into town and was told that just one month after the Puppy Mill person was convicted she called the police because a dog was coming into her yard and messing with her dog. I am thinking "worlds dumbest criminal". Turns out not only did she not go to jail for violating the terms of her sentence (not owning a dog for 2 years) but when ordered to pay restitution for the boarding of her dog, that amount was reduced. WTH? Just because her sister is the principal of an elementary school here where both county and state prosecutor's kids work, she gets out of it?

How incredibly sad that a principal is all you need to know to get out of Felony charges. Back in the day you had to at least know a judge or a senator. I understand small town politics but this is so In Your Face it is almost not to be believed.

A month ago a dog was shot by a family member and the shooter has still not been charged. The man walked into the family's yard and shot the dog in front of two of the kids. How is any of that ok? The shooter's brother works at the jail. Coincidence? I think not?
not surprised

Morehead, KY

#3 Oct 3, 2012
Yes, this is a small town and its not what you know, but who you know. My friend that helped with Blevin puppymill case said the Principal at elementary school basically threatened the County Attorney by holding it over his head, using his children. He should have gone to the school board with this. Friend said the principal is already facing other troubles, so hopefully she won't be there much longer. But that is completely unethical. On the other hand, I wouldn't let some bully prinicipal push me around by alledgely threatening my kids. I would be more concerned about the murders or drug dealers than some fat-ass that sits behind a computer all day.
Disgusting

United States

#4 Oct 3, 2012
My son is friends with one of boys whose dog was killed. It was just horrible. I think the dog was in surgery for half a night fighting for his life and the uncle who killed the dog out of meanness is laughing. If nothing is done to the killer, all hell is gonna break loose. Talk about family feud, the county hasn't seen anything yet. I wonder what is being held over someone's head that no charges were filed?
Seriously

Cleveland, GA

#5 Oct 3, 2012
I was asking a friend that works for the city about all this. I guess the family of the dog that was shot has been spending all their time trying to get the co. attorney to file charges and they were told it was going to the grand jury but then they were told a bunch of different stories about why it didn't go. Talk about the run around. The family isn't going to stop until they get their day in court.

Then my friend told me something that just makes me sick! One of the employees that works at the courthouse has horses that are in horrible condition and everytime a call comes into the sheriff's department or co. attorney's office NOTHING is done. I guess it really is who you know.

I have always heard that Morehead and Rowan Co government was corrupt but I didn't believe it up until these last couple of months.
baaa

Morehead, KY

#6 Oct 3, 2012
Is the owner of horses last name Banks? Whenever complaints about abued horses have been made in Halderman area, nothing supposedly will be done because owner or owner's relatives work at courthouse, so they would rather let them die.
Seriously wrote:
I was asking a friend that works for the city about all this. I guess the family of the dog that was shot has been spending all their time trying to get the co. attorney to file charges and they were told it was going to the grand jury but then they were told a bunch of different stories about why it didn't go. Talk about the run around. The family isn't going to stop until they get their day in court.
Then my friend told me something that just makes me sick! One of the employees that works at the courthouse has horses that are in horrible condition and everytime a call comes into the sheriff's department or co. attorney's office NOTHING is done. I guess it really is who you know.
I have always heard that Morehead and Rowan Co government was corrupt but I didn't believe it up until these last couple of months.
Cliff White

Moscow, Russia

#7 Oct 4, 2012
hoarding!
banks

Morehead, KY

#8 Oct 4, 2012
If anybody at anytime has questions about our horses they can feel free to contact us. Our horses are well taken care of. They are fed and watered twice a day. They get turned out daily and the stalls are clean. They are bathed and brushed regularly. And nobody has ever abused our horses.
banks

Morehead, KY

#10 Oct 4, 2012
This ain't the banks that works at the court house neither. So no my job isnt at risk. I have no idea whet you are talking about as far as calling and warning someone.
banks

Morehead, KY

#12 Oct 4, 2012
And you are commenting for what reason?
horse

Nicholasville, KY

#13 Oct 4, 2012
baaa wrote:
Is the owner of horses last name Banks? Whenever complaints about abued horses have been made in Halderman area, nothing supposedly will be done because owner or owner's relatives work at courthouse, so they would rather let them die.
<quoted text>
You must be talking about Paul Henderson.
Nicole

London, KY

#15 Oct 4, 2012
Did you all hear about that lunatic in Lexington who stabbed his mother's dog to death with a butcher knife a few days ago because he was mad at his mother about an argument that they had earlier that day? Awful! Another man reportedly stabbed his dog to death in Lexington a few months ago and then allegedly threatened to kill two of his friends because he said that God told him to. Crazy people!
Tired of it

Lexington, KY

#16 Oct 4, 2012
Never ends. It's always some awful story about animal abuse or child abuse. These kind of things are connected. If people can abuse animals they can also abuse people. All the serial killers started with abusing animals and torturing them.
Roger Scaggs goes to court in December. He tortured his dog for hours and the poor dog did not die. A caring person had to have it put to sleep. He did it in front of kids and threatned the kids that he was going to do the same thing to them if they didn't stop crying. I hope Rowan does something about that.
The whole thing with Pet Blevins was sickening. She violated her terms, she should have gone to jail. Her principal sister was threatening STAR members at the courthouse the day of the trail. Nice person to have around kids, huh?
rowan2323

Morehead, KY

#17 Oct 4, 2012
So what is being done about the Thomas man!
Tired

Morehead, KY

#18 Oct 4, 2012
Rodger didn't torture that dog for hours or threaten any children. He is very guilty of being a stupid drunk, you can't kill a dog, that was already dying, with an air rifle. If you assholes cared about people as much as animals the world would be a better place. Use some of that energy to get food for the backpack program or the soup kitchen.
Lot 13

Morehead, KY

#19 Oct 5, 2012
So did Scaggs kill the dog or did someone else have to? Are you saying because it was sick, he tortured it with an air rifle? What a sicko.
Tired

Grayson, KY

#20 Oct 5, 2012
No, the dig was dying, Rodgers girlfriend asked him to put it out of it's misery. He tried to kill it with an air rifle, oubviousley it didn't work, hethen beat it over the head with it. Thinking it was dead he left it in the weeds. If he had been sober enough he would have noticed the neighbors cooking out, and watching him. They called Star and then even more stupidy began.
OMG

Newburgh, IN

#21 Oct 5, 2012
Tired wrote:
No, the dig was dying, Rodgers girlfriend asked him to put it out of it's misery. He tried to kill it with an air rifle, oubviousley it didn't work, hethen beat it over the head with it. Thinking it was dead he left it in the weeds. If he had been sober enough he would have noticed the neighbors cooking out, and watching him. They called Star and then even more stupidy began.
Good God, he beat it over the head to kill it to put it out of it's misery? I certainly hope no one is ever that "merciful" to me! Intoxication is no excuse for cruelty. If you have an animal that is suffering, do the right thing and have a vet painlessly euthanize it. In my eyes, the girlfriend is just as guilty for allowing him to do this. Sick. Just sick.
Levi Banks

Morehead, KY

#22 Oct 7, 2012
To baa:
First its haldeman. Second anybody is welcome to come inspect my horses anytime I am here. They do not stand in two foot of manure like some peoples horses. They are not beat like some peoples horses. None of my relatives work anywhere near the courthouse or for any government entity. I take care of my animals. If you wish to discuss this I am home most evenings. Apparently you know where I live. So feel free to stop by. Your best bet would be not to involve me in your family dispute. Perhaps you will find the banks in question is a relative of the afore mentioned THOMAS 'S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Rodney Slone 160,487
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Truth 25,202
Kristi hunley and Donald Shuck 3 hr kristihunley 5
Better life church (Dec '15) 4 hr Curious 24
sunbeam tanning bed for sale (Jul '10) 4 hr lol 7
Trump empty prosises. 6 hr Cornfused 298
The End of an ERROR 6 hr catfish59 219

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages