being christian and voting Democrat

being christian and voting Democrat

Posted in the Morehead Forum

First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Mar 13, 2013
this is for wisdom, she really a need for answers and this way she doesn't have to impose on other discussions
Lucifer

Olive Hill, KY

#2 Mar 14, 2013
I am the devil all are going to my hell.HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA police state or not everyone is going to burn Thou shalt not judge for all you holy church goers you are not holy your religion is a lie and believe it or not its wrong!!!!!!!!!Troll on this comment or not you are going!!!! Look around you the world is changing to the last of days and nothing will save you NOTHING!!!!!!!I have destroyed the knowledge of the good YOU ARE ALL DOOMED TO MY KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!
seriously

Tucker, GA

#3 Mar 14, 2013
Lucifer wrote:
I am the devil all are going to my hell.HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA police state or not everyone is going to burn Thou shalt not judge for all you holy church goers you are not holy your religion is a lie and believe it or not its wrong!!!!!!!!!Troll on this comment or not you are going!!!! Look around you the world is changing to the last of days and nothing will save you NOTHING!!!!!!!I have destroyed the knowledge of the good YOU ARE ALL DOOMED TO MY KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!
Get back to work b*tch!
not possible

Morehead, KY

#4 Mar 14, 2013
you can't be a Christian and vote Democratic. If you vote Democratic you are saying you support that party's platform. They recently voted to remove God from their platform, they support such abominations as abortion and gay rights. So no you can't be a Democrat or vote Democratic and be a Christian.
Ann

Hillsboro, KY

#5 Mar 15, 2013
not possible wrote:
you can't be a Christian and vote Democratic. If you vote Democratic you are saying you support that party's platform. They recently voted to remove God from their platform, they support such abominations as abortion and gay rights. So no you can't be a Democrat or vote Democratic and be a Christian.
Except that you can.

There are several denominations/churches who officially identify themselves as Pro-Choice. Evidently the Presbyterian Church (USA), the United Methodist Church, the Episcopalian Church, the United Church of Christ - and several others - all missed the memo that they cannot be Christians and support a woman's right to choose.

There are also churches that officially accept gays with the same "sacred worth" as heterosexuals, and condemns all sex - gay and straight alike - outside of marriage. Some explicitly state that it is only for God to judge, not themselves, and therefore welcome everyone. Gays are now being ordained as ministers - are they not Christian? Are the straight people who identify as Christian yet have sex outside of marriage no longer Christians?

I know this thread was started somewhat in jest, but it baffles me how people can think that Christians can identify themselves only as Republican.

For those who truly think they cannot be Christian and vote Democratic, I have to wonder why they think this. Traditionally, compared to the Republican party, the Democratic party has been more tolerant of those who are different (a quality the Bible says we should practice), and it is more giving to those in need (yet another quality the Bible suggests we practice).

People are also overlooking the fact that someone can identify with a particular religion yet not accept all the tenets associated with that religion. For all you Southern Baptists out there, do you really think that women are so inferior to men that they cannot adequately serve as deacons?

So yeah, to summarize, I think it's ridiculous that people are so simple-minded as to presume that someone's faith dictates their political leaning.
not possible

Morehead, KY

#6 Mar 15, 2013
I don't care what a denomination says or does. The Bible, the word of God, says that homosexuality and abortion are a sin. Both practices are upholded by the Democratic Party. SO you can't be Christian and be a Democrat. Sorry.

And by the way, people who have sex outside of marriage are not Christian. And Biblically speaking women are inferior to men and are further instructed to remain silent in church. SO no they can't be deacons or anything else in church
Ann

Hillsboro, KY

#7 Mar 15, 2013
not possible wrote:
I don't care what a denomination says or does. The Bible, the word of God, says that homosexuality and abortion are a sin. Both practices are upholded by the Democratic Party. SO you can't be Christian and be a Democrat. Sorry.
And by the way, people who have sex outside of marriage are not Christian. And Biblically speaking women are inferior to men and are further instructed to remain silent in church. SO no they can't be deacons or anything else in church
Well, actually, the Bible says nothing directly about abortion. Interesting fact: In biblical times, babies weren't considered people until they were a month old, so if you want to get technical about it, the Bible endorses infanticide.

And by the way, there are lots of Christians who have sex outside of marriage.

Do you keep the Sabbath holy? Do you smoke or somehow treat your body as anything other than a temple? Do the women in your life wear pants? Cut their hair? I'm sure you're one of those people who picks and chooses the "right" rules of Christianity and judges everyone who picks different rules to uphold. You're the epitome of the type of Christian that other thread was about. Full of judgment and hatred, lacking in tolerance and compassion.

So, sorry to burst your bubble, but you absolutely can be a Christian and vote democratic. The two are not mutually exclusive. Your blind acceptance of a faith you haven't fully examined are holding you back. Join those of us who have stepped out of the stone ages and take a look around.

Bless your heart.
hmmm

Morehead, KY

#8 Mar 15, 2013
not possible wrote:
I don't care what a denomination says or does. The Bible, the word of God, says that homosexuality and abortion are a sin. Both practices are upholded by the Democratic Party. SO you can't be Christian and be a Democrat. Sorry.

And by the way, people who have sex outside of marriage are not Christian. And Biblically speaking women are inferior to men and are further instructed to remain silent in church. SO no they can't be deacons or anything else in church
Seen a Republican Senator on the news saying he was going to start voting for gay rights as his son just came out of the closet. His son said it definitely is not a choice, being gay is just how he was born. One of these days you simple-minded folk will see that.
not possible

Richmond, KY

#9 Mar 15, 2013
Matthew 15:14 - If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."

So keep believing the lies, and following the blinded denominations you mentioned in your post, and voting Democratic. And you will be damned to an eternity in hell. Don't say you haven't been warned.

I've warned you. But so far you haven't listened. And here's what the Bible instructs me to do when people don't listen to me:

Mark 6:11 - And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them
seriously

Morehead, KY

#10 Mar 15, 2013
not possible wrote:
Matthew 15:14 - If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."

So keep believing the lies, and following the blinded denominations you mentioned in your post, and voting Democratic. And you will be damned to an eternity in hell. Don't say you haven't been warned.

I've warned you. But so far you haven't listened. And here's what the Bible instructs me to do when people don't listen to me:

Mark 6:11 - And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them
No one owes you anything. We don't answer to you. Thank goodness.
not possible

Richmond, KY

#11 Mar 15, 2013
oh to answer your other questions. Yes I keep the Sabbath holy. No I do not smoke , drink, do drugs, drink caffeine. And no my wife does not cut her hair or wear pants, jewelry or make up. She is under subjection to her husband and dresses modestly just like the Bible teaches.
good for you

Morehead, KY

#12 Mar 15, 2013
not possible wrote:
oh to answer your other questions. Yes I keep the Sabbath holy. No I do not smoke , drink, do drugs, drink caffeine. And no my wife does not cut her hair or wear pants, jewelry or make up. She is under subjection to her husband and dresses modestly just like the Bible teaches.
Surely, you will be welcomed to the everlasting life right along with Gods other children that He loves equally.
Just me

Lexington, KY

#13 Mar 15, 2013
It's not up to me or any other human being to judge anyone. The Bible says "It is appointed unto man once to die and after that the judgment." Also says, "judge not, lest ye be judged...." I may not have quoted these word for word but the meaning is clear. I don't agree with a lot of the posts on here because the good book also says, "with God all things are possible." And as for denominations and their rules and tenets, these are man made things and, in my opinion, no one denomination is completely right or completely wrong. I know there are denominations that say you have to belong to their church or you don't have a chance of getting to Heaven but I don't believe that. Do they think God has one little corner set aside for them? No unclean thing shall enter into Heaven so if all our sins are not covered by the blood of Jesus Christ we won't be able to enter there. And it won't matter if you are Catholic, Jew, Baptist, Presbyterian, Methodist or none of the above.....He that endureth to the end the same shall be saved.
Just me

Lexington, KY

#14 Mar 15, 2013
It doesn't matter who is president, republican or democrat or who is pope or any other ruler, JESUS is still king.
I Believe the Word

Morehead, KY

#15 Mar 16, 2013
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, the Bible says nothing directly about abortion. Interesting fact: In biblical times, babies weren't considered people until they were a month old, so if you want to get technical about it, the Bible endorses infanticide.
Wow. I've never read your Bible.
Isaiah 44:24 says, Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
He made us. Did He make us to be slaughtered by abortion or infanticide? Did He not and does He not consider babies people before they are aged 1 month?
In Jeremiah 1:5, God is telling Jeremiah, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Does it sound like he doesn't consider babies even in the womb as people.
Evil and ignorance existed in "biblical" times as well as today, but we have His Word to instruct us. And He has given us a choice. We can seek His will and follow it and escape hell and gain heaven and joy in His presence forever or we can reject His Word and disqualify ourselves from Heaven and living in His presence. God doesn't want that to happen.
I pray that both of us find His perfect will and follow it and receive the rewards He has promised to those who believe in Him and what He says.
curious 2

Morehead, KY

#16 Mar 16, 2013
This is ridiculous. Religion and politics do not mix - seperation of Church and State people. You want to pray do it in your tax free churches. I don't care what goes on your building of gathering to teach the words of your "God".

Democrats and Republicans - they're pretty much the same exact thing. Corrupt overly paid individuals who think they are above everyone else and that whatever they say, no matter how trivial - should hold some weight.

Now to everyone reading this - this is your country, your life, and your thoughts. They are yours and you can whatever you want with them as long as your are not taking something away or hurting someone else. That's oppression and inequality - suppose someone were to do that to you - for maybe your hair color, or your eye color, or for being a woman, black person, gay person - whatever. We all the same - no matter what you believe or don't beleive.

Sin is questionable matter honestly because all sins hold the same weight. So that person you lied to - you are just as sinful as the homosexuals you call an abomination. Just food for thought. One of these days people are going to learn to accept each other for who they are and not who they love. It's a bit ridiculous even debating this whole topic and sounds to me that the original poster just wants to stir up the shit pile and get everyone all heated. Don't fall for it.
set the record straight

Palm City, FL

#17 Mar 16, 2013
not possible wrote:
Matthew 15:14 - If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."
So keep believing the lies, and following the blinded denominations you mentioned in your post, and voting Democratic. And you will be damned to an eternity in hell. Don't say you haven't been warned.
I've warned you. But so far you haven't listened. And here's what the Bible instructs me to do when people don't listen to me:
Mark 6:11 - And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them
We do welcome you and we will listen to you. We don't, however, have to agree with you. But leave if you wish. You have your understanding of the Bible, others have theirs. I have only One to answer to, and it certainly is not you.
well

Amherst, OH

#18 Mar 16, 2013
I Believe the Word wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I've never read your Bible.
Isaiah 44:24 says, Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
He made us. Did He make us to be slaughtered by abortion or infanticide? Did He not and does He not consider babies people before they are aged 1 month?
In Jeremiah 1:5, God is telling Jeremiah, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Does it sound like he doesn't consider babies even in the womb as people.
Evil and ignorance existed in "biblical" times as well as today, but we have His Word to instruct us. And He has given us a choice. We can seek His will and follow it and escape hell and gain heaven and joy in His presence forever or we can reject His Word and disqualify ourselves from Heaven and living in His presence. God doesn't want that to happen.
I pray that both of us find His perfect will and follow it and receive the rewards He has promised to those who believe in Him and what He says.
The Lord knows all things.

"As you do not know how the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.”(Ecclesiastes 11:5)

However, one verse may shed some intriguing light on precisely when fetuses—or rather, infants—become persons, and which ones aren't even worth counting, according to God himself. When Moses conducts a census, God instructs him to count:

"...all the first-born males of the people of Israel, from a month old and upward..." (Numbers 3:40)

"If the person is from a month old up to five years old, your valuation shall be for a male five shekels of silver, and for a female your valuation shall be three shekels of silver." (Leviticus 27:6)

God assigns no value whatsoever to newborn infants or fetuses.
Clarification

Palm City, FL

#19 Mar 16, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lord knows all things.
"As you do not know how the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.”(Ecclesiastes 11:5)
However, one verse may shed some intriguing light on precisely when fetuses—or rather, infants—become persons, and which ones aren't even worth counting, according to God himself. When Moses conducts a census, God instructs him to count:
"...all the first-born males of the people of Israel, from a month old and upward..." (Numbers 3:40)
"If the person is from a month old up to five years old, your valuation shall be for a male five shekels of silver, and for a female your valuation shall be three shekels of silver." (Leviticus 27:6)
God assigns no value whatsoever to newborn infants or fetuses.
My understanding of those verses concerning a census count is different. In those times a newborn (child of less than one month) was at great risk of not surviving. Once a child reached the age of one month, chances were better that they would survive. I do not believe that it is as much a case of what God considered a human being, as a practical consideration of the survivability.
I Believe the Word

Morehead, KY

#20 Mar 16, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text> God assigns no value whatsoever to newborn infants or fetuses.
It's easy to see your position on abortion and that you are trying to justify that. If God's OK with that, who am I? But what about Thou shalt not kill? Are you saying that a baby is not alive until it is 1 month old.

Like I said, however God feels about that is fine with me, but He's never put that into my heart.

I hope we both escape hell and make it to Heaven to be with the One who is Love, forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do you know tamela kidd or clevenger or thornsb... 3 min ftp 8
Rowan County Clerk 29 min john 35
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 52 min another viewer 172,984
titles 3 hr law abiding citizen 3
I miss you honey 17 hr Mr Church Lady 2
Whizzy and 45 19 hr Wisdom 17
moving to Morehead? 19 hr Real Wisdom 8

Morehead Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morehead Mortgages