Developers buy former GM sites; two a...

Developers buy former GM sites; two are in Ohio | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 4 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 6, 2011, titled Developers buy former GM sites; two are in Ohio | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Two former General Motors Corp. plant sites in Ohio and one in Michigan have been sold to development firms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Surprised

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 6, 2011
I'm surprised that when obama took GM through bankruptcy he didn't saddle taxpayers with the cost of maintaining these properties. Must have been an oversight.
tip

United States

#3 Jul 6, 2011
Surprised wrote:
I'm surprised that when obama took GM through bankruptcy he didn't saddle taxpayers with the cost of maintaining these properties. Must have been an oversight.
In hindsight and in response to his fiscal policy, he should have used them as homeless shelters.
Kennesaw71

United States

#4 Jul 7, 2011
They'll probably build a bigass Walmart and a Samsclub in Moraine since Ohio is not a right to work state. Yet....

That assembly plant has a decent freight rail connection and would be a real shame if that's not put to use by whoever gets it.
Rob

Groveport, OH

#5 Jul 7, 2011
The so-called bailout of GM was one of the wisest things we've done in years.

Unlike George Bush, who gave the UAW $38B in one year alone, and got ZERO for it, for the roughly $60B (before any repayment) we got a revitalized GM that is no longer under the stranglehold of the UAW and which is producing its best product line in decades (ref. all the critics who helped take down GM's image are now all singing a different tune, ie. praising new products). Most importantly, we retained one of the few major manufacturing industries left in our country, something that is essential to a strong defense (ref. WWII, a war that wouldn't have been won without the likes of GM).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moraine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Strong Black Man 21,305
News V-Teck: Proving that after 30 years, local radi... 9 hr Bill Cripple 4
Browns remodleing rip us off Thu delbert Davis 1
Clinton Tompkins Dec 14 Concerned_person 1
"Amish" heaters and EdenPURE heaters--Watch OUT! (Dec '08) Dec 14 LOOK IT UP 582
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Dec 11 NOmoralcompass 32,046
Prentice Richardson (Buddy) Dec 9 jjsparks 2

Moraine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moraine Mortgages