Mount Vernon, OH

#2 Nov 26, 2012
That's too bad.
The Old Cold Warrior

Dayton, OH

#3 Nov 26, 2012
MittRomney wrote:
That's too bad.
Jealous little smeller feller, aren't we?
MittRomney

Mount Vernon, OH

#4 Nov 27, 2012
The Old Cold Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous little smeller feller, aren't we?
I believe you do not understand the definition of jealous.
Your comment is out of context and stealing someone's name is not good either. Try again.
LittleLatinaMe

Dayton, OH

#5 Nov 27, 2012
Well, not to be a negative Nancy, but when I attended I was given hateful looks and insulted by most of the women, and all the men seemed to think it was okay to touch me inappropriately when I walked by.
Several fights broke out which prompted many clubgoers to run like maniacs, not caring who they ran over, to observe the fight and "hoot & holler".
I was treated poorly by the bartending women, who took a half hour to give me a bottled beer. Many of them were busy flirting with men or checking their outfits or phones.
The dance floor was a nightmare. Absolute nightmare. While it was interesting watching most dance in unison, it was aggravating to get yelled at and told that I was doing it wrong because I chose not to follow. I go to dance to let loose and feel free, but I was told more than once to get lost, that I was ruining the "groove". It felt like a dance competition at it's worst.
I will never attend again, and I can't say that I feel any sense of loss at the closing of this club.
The fact that it was 99% black was frustrating as well. I couldn't understand that until I was insulted unnecessarily because I didn't "know where my place was". They push you out if you aren't like them and make you fearful of returning. I attended with one other Latina and her Caucasian boyfriend. He was the only white man there and he received a lot more harassment than I did.
So I now attend Masque because everyone there simply cares about having fun and no f---ks are given as to your race, dance style or outfit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moraine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will we have to sign liability-reslease forms? 38 min Sky King 1
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 4 hr Another View 31,511
This is why I am an Ann fan! Thu Ann Fan 1
Norman "CHUB" Bowling Thu Dayton Taxpayer 4
WPAFB took $4 billion from the real economy! Thu The Hack Checker 1
Diversity Perversity (Apr '11) Wed Dayton Taxpayer 6
A "productive" congess... Wed The Hack Checker 3
Moraine Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Moraine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Moraine News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Moraine