WHERE are all the parts of the DDN?

Posted in the Moraine Forum

Dee Lightner

Mansfield, OH

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Once again, when I purchased the Dayton Daily News from our local convenience store here in New Paris OHIO, parts of it were MISSING.

Specifically, the PARADE magazine was not included this Sunday morning, and there were absolutely NONE of the usual merchants sale papers!!

WTH is the problem?

Did anyone else miss these sections today, or is New Paris being singled out in some way. Is it that perhaps the DDN is cutting costs in this way, and that each week some community will not get all their paper, as a means to save money? Anyone miss some sections last week? This week? Or is it just us here in New Paris?
Social Worker

Dayton, OH

#2 Jan 7, 2013
They want to force you to subscribe.
Dave

Dayton, OH

#3 Jan 7, 2013
Dee Lightner wrote:
Once again, when I purchased the Dayton Daily News from our local convenience store here in New Paris OHIO, parts of it were MISSING.
Specifically, the PARADE magazine was not included this Sunday morning, and there were absolutely NONE of the usual merchants sale papers!!
WTH is the problem?
Did anyone else miss these sections today, or is New Paris being singled out in some way. Is it that perhaps the DDN is cutting costs in this way, and that each week some community will not get all their paper, as a means to save money? Anyone miss some sections last week? This week? Or is it just us here in New Paris?
Been like that for years. Of course, the "full" edition is pretty damn thin too
Social Worker

Dayton, OH

#4 Jan 7, 2013
It used to be a good paper, years ago.
These days it's awful.
The content is negligible and the writing is sophomoric in the truest sense of the word.
A story about security in schools yesterday was an opinion piece labeled a news story. The 'facts' presented had been carefully selected to fit the predetermined conclusion by the author.
We used to call this paper "Pravda West". These days even Prvda is more objective than the DDN.
The Old Cold Warrior

Englewood, OH

#6 Jan 11, 2013
Not ONE letter to the editor, today, Friday; one half page wasted with an advertisment, the rest wasted on speak ups and texts and tweets, short but not sensible, sane or sweet. What do you expect, twenty words in context? Typed by dumb with thumbs? Taxtaking bums?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moraine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Despite this Hannity Insanity: 1 hr The Old Cold Warrior 1
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 4 hr idiocracy 31,497
If you really dare to show that you care... 5 hr Dayton Taxpayer 4
Don't drive your cars to and from bars! 5 hr masterofconcretep... 9
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Jim Jones 19,549
Family Law Attorneys (May '14) 19 hr Pavlos Lombardi 13
A "productive" congess... 22 hr Fan of Leon The Man 1
Moraine Dating
Find my Match

Moraine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Moraine News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Moraine

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:59 pm PST