United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

News Release at:
http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/eta/ETA200...
ETA News Release:[03/31/2009]

U.S. Department of Labor announces grant exceeding $8 million to assist workers in Ohio affected by recent automobile industry layoffs

WASHINGTON The U.S. Department of Labor today announced an $8,342,254 grant to assist approximately 2,428 workers affected by layoffs at the General Motors Corp. truck assembly plant in Moraine, the Chrysler north assembly plant in Toledo, the GM Lordstown plant in Warren and 12 other supplier companies located in Ohio.
The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services will receive the grant, which will provide affected workers with access to dislocated worker services. Under this grant, workers who also have been certified as eligible for Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) will be provided services not available through the TAA program, including assessment, counseling, case-management, job search, job placement and follow-up services.
For more information, visit http://www.doleta.gov/NEG/ .
Chuck

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2009

Wow...not only do these people get a free ticket for schooling, free benefits, and job assistance directly from GM, now I've got to pay for this program out of MY pocket too...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Moraine Discussions

Search the Moraine Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 min They cannot kill a Spook 29,085
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 3 hr Worth Repeating 31,103
Review: Courtyards Of Kettering (Jul '10) 7 hr masterofconcretepourers 37
Brits want to stop female genital mutilation! 8 hr masterofconcretepourers 2
looking for a text buddy (Nov '12) 11 hr Javier 40
mentally ill FELONS! 23 hr masterofconcretepourers 3
Let's remember our constitution and national debt. Tue The Hack Checker 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Moraine Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000