Is Ohio next on right-to-work battlefront?

Dec 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WKYC-TV

As neighboring Michigan became the 24th state Tuesday to enact laws that prohibit agreements requiring workers to join a union or pay dues, Ohio groups that support the laws say the Buckeye State has to follow suit or watch jobs leave.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of183
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gun Nut

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

I'm retired and can't be fired.

Since: Jul 12

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Hope so ...That way the union will be shrinking and the american worker can enjoy working with out the union garbage behind it
Social Worker

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

The Republicans will have to be very careful about how they handle such a move.
Michigan was very smart, they kept their plans close to the chest, included an appropriation in the bill so it cannot be repealed, and were prepared to move it very quickly from House to Senate on the same day before the unions could muster their forces and organize protests. They learned well from Wisconsin's troubles.
The unions need to be lulled into believeing Ohio won't try anything.
BuddyD

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

i wish Ford had a non union plant so I could order a new truck there.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Social Worker wrote:
Michigan was very smart, they kept their plans close to the chest, included an appropriation in the bill so it cannot be repealed, and were prepared to move it very quickly from House to Senate on the same day before the unions could muster their forces and organize protests. They learned well from Wisconsin's troubles.
Kasich's approval rating is on the rise. He's not going to mess with RTW. After his reelection, then we will see plans for that. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Any interaction with unions of any kind is trouble for the Governor. We will see it, but it takes time.
Social Worker

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Kasich's approval rating is on the rise. He's not going to mess with RTW. After his reelection, then we will see plans for that. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Any interaction with unions of any kind is trouble for the Governor. We will see it, but it takes time.
I agree with most everything you said. I think Kasich intends to run for president, the question is when.
If he runs for re-election in 2014, he will not finish his term as governor. The timing of RTW would be critical. If he tries it and wins he's golden for conservatives. If it somehow fails, he's toast.

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

well lets hope the gov. has a smart enough team to get the job done this time even with the moron democrack S.Brown screwing up everything ...I just wish Brown got the boot back in nov.He's a Polosi and reed lover..

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

BuddyD wrote:
You know Ford is the only ones who had a union that saw the whole picture back when GM and Chrysler went broke...At least Ford got smart and told Obozo to shove it.I buy Fords over any other company just on that fact..
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

I gave up on US made vehicles. As a truck driver, I've had plenty of experience delivering to those auto plants and took note of their worthless union attitude. The quality of their work is evident of their outlook on work.

Now I drive a Toyota and I love it. 100,000 mile seven year bumper to bumper warranty. They are not only more reliable, but they hold their value much better than American cars.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the first sensible thing you have posted in months.

woof
Outraged

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

This action certainly would be a step in the right direction.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

RTW states have lower unemployment than union states. They have more jobs available although some of those jobs don't pay what they do in union states. But I look at it this way: I would rather have lower paying jobs available than no jobs at all.

Our company lost customer after customer because of unions and state expenses such as workman's compensation. If we were a RTW state the last ten years or so with leadership like Kasich, I would bet many of those companies would still be here. But no. They left to go south or out of the country altogether just to escape expenses like unions.

Some people still don't get it. If you want to catch a mouse, you have to use bait such as cheese. No company wants to be in a state where they have massive debt and unions that will eat away at company profit.
union man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

if it was not for the union garabge, these azz, hole,s will be working for,$3 or$4 dollar,s per hr; no insurance, or bennefit.s. working from friday to friday,no crap house break.s. no vacation,s. no retirement. work until you are 90 are drop, you may an your family may go hungry on these kind of work forces, so you dum azz,s that beleive in work law, be aware of what is at a estate,for your lazy azz,future, not much to count on.with out a union,s so go a head an listen to your old grand daddy.
see were he is seting don,t you,
get r done

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Outraged wrote:
This action certainly would be a step in the right direction.
you must be nobama man right to work law,
get r done

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

BuddyD wrote:
sound like you must be crazy.or stupid i don,t no which; buy you one of those jap cars they are none union.junk,
Social Worker

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

union man wrote:
if it was not for the union garabge, these azz, hole,s will be working for,$3 or$4 dollar,s per hr; no insurance, or bennefit.s. working from friday to friday,no crap house break.s. no vacation,s. no retirement. work until you are 90 are drop, you may an your family may go hungry on these kind of work forces, so you dum azz,s that beleive in work law, be aware of what is at a estate,for your lazy azz,future, not much to count on.with out a union,s so go a head an listen to your old grand daddy.
Well not anymore. Once upon a time, but then the unions got greedy and started making so many unreasonable demands that businesses had to move to free themselves. We certainly do not have to put up with abuse and thuggery because of something that happened 60 years ago.
These days fair wages, benefits, vacations, etc are universal, many guaranteed by law. Unions are no longer necessary.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

union man wrote:
What I see is a person with the writing abilities of a fourth grader. Perhaps if you paid attention in school, not only would you be able to write a coherent response, but you wouldn't need a union to guarantee you maximum wages for cleaning toilets.

Three to four dollars is too much to pay a person like you with such atrocious writing and punctuation abilities. I don't know what you do for a living, but shouldn't be making two dollars per hour. You're too stupid to make any amount of money.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Social Worker wrote:
Yes!! hide the governing plans from the people. That is the way to do it. Ohio is already preparing for that move.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Social Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well not anymore. Once upon a time, but then the unions got greedy and started making so many unreasonable demands that businesses had to move to free themselves. We certainly do not have to put up with abuse and thuggery because of something that happened 60 years ago.
These days fair wages, benefits, vacations, etc are universal, many guaranteed by law. Unions are no longer necessary.
Exactly. I asked repeatedly how long we are indebted to unions because of their advancements many years ago? 20 years? 50 years? 100 years? How long do we patronize unions for the benefits they first introduced?

While unions were losing ground in the US, they never backed off. They only wanted more. People became disgusted with them once they realized those unions chased our jobs to China and India. They even closed down Hostess. They are bankrupting states.
union man

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
I gave up on US made vehicles. As a truck driver, I've had plenty of experience delivering to those auto plants and took note of their worthless union attitude. The quality of their work is evident of their outlook on work.
Now I drive a Toyota and I love it. 100,000 mile seven year bumper to bumper warranty. They are not only more reliable, but they hold their value much better than American cars.
red neck you love your toyota so much pack your azz an move to japan,you may like it there also,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of183
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Moraine Discussions

Search the Moraine Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 28,542
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 30 min Chet Booswahnicki 18,495
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 3 hr minutiae 31,008
The Fed is dumping illegals. 7 hr Bob Rooney 1
Veterans Day 2013 (Nov '13) 23 hr Janet Harrison 10
Dennis Gannon, repeat felon 23 hr Janet Harrison 1
Why can't we post photos any more? 23 hr Janet Harrison 2
•••
•••
•••
Moraine Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Moraine Jobs