Doctor heads to court after online se...

Doctor heads to court after online sex sting

There are 17462 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Oct 13, 2006, titled Doctor heads to court after online sex sting. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

A prominent Piedmont doctor is scheduled to appear in court Nov. 2 to answer to felony charges stemming from his arrest in late August in Petaluma in a sting operation involving online sex crimes with children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

Bob

Ringe, Denmark

#16597 Nov 19, 2012
Case Ends in Deadlock

In the first Riverside Predator case to go to trial in mid-August, a Riverside County Superior Court judge threw out the case against U.S. Marine William Lawrence Havey after a jury deadlocked 10-2 in favor of acquittal.

Judge Dallas Holmes was harsh in assessing the merits of the case against Havey, saying, "I don't like the smell of this case."

He was equally blunt in sizing up the Perverted Justice witnesses who testified, calling them "odd," "weird" and "repulsive."
x PeeJ

Dallas, TX

#16598 Nov 19, 2012
BrokenShades wrote:
Looks like MoWo's daughter is having her b’nai mitzvah.
http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/64820/bna...
Check page 14 for a picture.
http://www.oaklandsinai.org/uploadedFiles/sit...
Wonder if MoWo is allowed to go to an event like this.
Since I haven't posted here in awhile, for the new people, checkout my site on MoWo.
http://brokenshades.fortunecity.com/
Stalker. Ur all stalkers.
Bob

France

#16599 Nov 20, 2012
penman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Entrapment was brought up before Judges Ballinger and Wick (and recall Judge Wick was the one who threw out Roisman's case)). Surely the same defense had raised by Berk in the appeals.
YET IN NONE OF THESE PROCEEDINGS WAS ENTRAPMENT FOUND IN WOLIN'S CASE.
It is for the finder of fact upon remand to determine whether the police went too far in this case.5 (Barraza, supra, 23 Cal.3d at p. 691, fn. 6 ["the defense of entrapment remains a jury question"].)

But you just read that and already knew it. That is why you guys cannot be trusted with people's freedom.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#16600 Nov 20, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It is for the finder of fact upon remand to determine whether the police went too far in this case.5 (Barraza, supra, 23 Cal.3d at p. 691, fn. 6 ["the defense of entrapment remains a jury question"].)
But you just read that and already knew it. That is why you guys cannot be trusted with people's freedom.
Well MoWo can't be trusted with 13 year old girls. What's the plan Bob, a new alias or continue on as a pedophile.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#16601 Nov 20, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and Bob, this jumping around the world in minutes is a little strange. What are you flying on. Something from Star Wars, a reconditioned Concorde, illegal drugs since you can't prescribe anything. What are you on?

LLDY
Diva

Clarks Summit, PA

#16602 Nov 20, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
If some are entrapped that doesn't mean adults should try to get away with meeting kids.
Diva

Clarks Summit, PA

#16603 Nov 20, 2012
Here is why. Only one was found not guilty.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/_Arrest_of_...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16604 Nov 20, 2012
Once an interesting exchange of information and ideas, this forum now seems hopelessly dominated by trolls. Too bad.
crack pipe johnny

Beijing, China

#16605 Nov 20, 2012
LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>Well MoWo can't be trusted with 13 year old girls. What's the plan Bob, a new alias or continue on as a pedophile.
Just because someone goes for a 13 year old girl doesn't mean he's a pedophile, bitch.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#16609 Nov 20, 2012
crack pipe johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because someone goes for a 13 year old girl doesn't mean he's a pedophile, bitch.
What does it mean?
PSYCHO

San Jose, CA

#16610 Nov 20, 2012
Carnac The Magnificent wrote:
Today is the fourth anniversary of MoWo's wife understandably filing for divorce.
The possibility that MoWo is back living with his ex-wife and daughters (they seem to share a street address) is a lot more difficult to understand.
Today is the fourth anniversary of MoWo's wife understandably filing for divorce.
are you sure?
PSYCHO

San Jose, CA

#16611 Nov 20, 2012
penman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Entrapment was brought up before Judges Ballinger and Wick (and recall Judge Wick was the one who threw out Roisman's case)). Surely the same defense had raised by Berk in the appeals.
YET IN NONE OF THESE PROCEEDINGS WAS ENTRAPMENT FOUND IN WOLIN'S CASE.
You get it, Bob, crackpipejohnny, et al? And Judge Wick seems particularly sensitive to entrapment claims, yet he ruled against Wolin as well.
And I'm sure that neither you, Bob, nor anyone else supporting Wolin started petition drives, tried to get the ACLU involved, contributed to his defense fund, submitted "friend of the court" briefs, or did ANYTHING ELSE to help him out. No, you just bitch and moan in a forum thread that wouldn't even *exist* if Wolin had taken a plea deal years ago.
Had you done something like what I mentioned above I could respect you a little. But you didn't even do that, did you? And you, Bob, often quoted court cases from states that had no jurisdiction--like Wisconsin!
read
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110816...

Man acquitted of charge stemming from 2006 'To Catch a Predator' TV sex sting
PSYCHO

San Jose, CA

#16612 Nov 20, 2012
Bob wrote:
Jury said Menasha man entrapped in Perverted Justice sting
http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20120319/... ?
APPLETON — For four days, Appleton police officers monitored the bust house on E. Fremont Street.
Behind the scenes, volunteers for the Perverted Justice Foundation Inc.— made famous by Dateline NBC's "To Catch a Predator" — posed as children, chatting online with Wisconsinites.
The volunteers, who initiated the 2010 sex sting, gave police profiles of 72 people they thought likely to turn up and have sexual contact with a minor. Four showed.
Their cases went to court — the last wrapped up March 12 — but one man's jury trial punched a hole in Perverted Justice's claim, still maintained on its website, "Hundreds upon hundreds of convictions... zero successful entrapment defenses. Zero."
Entrapment occurs when police lure people into committing a crime they otherwise wouldn't have done.
"Anyone who knows the law will never make the entrapment argument towards these crimes, because people who know the law understand that these people are predisposed to commit these crimes. It's why they hit us up to begin with," says the Perverted Justice website.
Wyn Adkins, 29, of Menasha, was not predisposed to having sexual contact with a child, his attorney, Kevin Musolf, maintained in arguing his client was entrapped. The jury agreed.
Jurors found Adkins not guilty of a felony charge of using a computer to facilitate a child sex crime.
"(Sexual contact) was something they put in his head," Musolf said.
Adkins, 29, was depressed, with anxiety and self-esteem issues, Musolf said.
Denise Moss — who was posing as 15-year-old "Cami" — told him he was nice, cute and had a nice smile. When the two discussed meeting, Moss baited him by asking: what's on your mind; what if we get bored; what should I wear?, Musolf said.
"She keeps throwing the hook out to him and eventually he bit," Musolf said. "What they did to this particular person is just that they took it too far.… I think in this case they were just frustrated that out of 72 people, only four showed up."
Protocol followed
Perverted Justice tries to prevent entrapment claims by never messaging anyone first.
well that answers a pervious question...
PSYCHO

San Jose, CA

#16613 Nov 20, 2012
maybe entrapment is when the decoy initiates the SEX talk but I swear I saw a VHS of DATELINE TCAP where del harvey stated that they dont start the sex talk but 2 people aquited?
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110816...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20271...

and the guy talked about shaving his pubic part...
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#16614 Nov 21, 2012
Carnac The Magnificent wrote:
The possibility that MoWo is back living with his ex-wife and daughters (they seem to share a street address) is a lot more difficult to understand.
If MoWo is there he is probably camping out in the back yard or the garage.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#16615 Nov 21, 2012
PillsburyJo wrote:
Once an interesting exchange of information and ideas, this forum now seems hopelessly dominated by trolls. Too bad.
Then why is your location hidden?
Miggy

Charlotte, NC

#16616 Nov 22, 2012
LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>If MoWo is there he is probably camping out in the back yard or the garage.
I would think he'd be terrified of garages after his experience in Petaluma.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#16617 Nov 22, 2012
Miggy wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think he'd be terrified of garages after his experience in Petaluma.
Well it is not the garage itself, it is the people lurking within.

“Be an independent thinker”

Since: Jul 10

Greenville, Ohio

#16618 Nov 22, 2012
Bob wrote:
Is penman1 whining? Yes!
Oh, f**k you Bob, and the diploma mill where you got your wolfskin. I pointed out that entrapment had been denied in WOLIN'S case! WOLIN'S! Can you read, Bob? Maybe reading comprehension skills aren't your strong suit. Of course, a sock puppet is an airhead, literally.

The thought of you maybe being involved in CA's legal system is reason enough to make me not want to move there. You make Homer Simpson and Kelli Bundy look like Rhodes scholars.

“Be an independent thinker”

Since: Jul 10

Greenville, Ohio

#16619 Nov 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moraga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Milo Yiannopoulos, Larry Wilmore go head-to-hea... 50 min Hostis Publicus 13
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 3 hr Savant 416
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun mexico 20,845
News Feral cat effort applauded (Jun '08) Feb 16 wow 29
News Major global warming study again questioned, ag... Feb 15 Death on 2 Legs 18
News Police jail 12 across Solano during Super Bowl ... Feb 15 Birds Landing Bob 18
News Once a Hollywood heartthrob, Tab Hunter still a... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fa-Foxy 22

Moraga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moraga Mortgages