Doctor heads to court after online se...

Doctor heads to court after online sex sting

There are 17650 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Oct 13, 2006, titled Doctor heads to court after online sex sting. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

A prominent Piedmont doctor is scheduled to appear in court Nov. 2 to answer to felony charges stemming from his arrest in late August in Petaluma in a sting operation involving online sex crimes with children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

“Changed screen name 2 Stedenko”

Since: Nov 08

United States

#7607 Jan 2, 2009
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, isn't that a rug "Marco" is wearing?
Hahahahahaha.
Yeah, it looks so fake, I'll bet he bought it at Carpeteria.
Benedict

Calgary, Canada

#7608 Jan 3, 2009
Most of the predators and child rapists are racist RethugliKKKlans that's a fact (Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart).

I think that everyone should be forced to get their computers scanned every 6 months in order to legally use the internet. This will prevent the epidemic of predators who want to rape children.

Do it for the children. Only sick RethugliKKKlans are opposed to this idea.
Watching Wolin

Albuquerque, NM

#7609 Jan 3, 2009
Benedict wrote:
Most of the predators and child rapists are racist RethugliKKKlans that's a fact (Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart).
I think that everyone should be forced to get their computers scanned every 6 months in order to legally use the internet. This will prevent the epidemic of predators who want to rape children.
Do it for the children. Only sick RethugliKKKlans are opposed to this idea.
Then the predators will take it back to the parks,shopping centers,playgrounds etc. There is not much chance of stopping them. A new one is born everyday.
wolin-tracker

Long Beach, CA

#7610 Jan 4, 2009
Jaswinder ("Am I still under arrest?; Chris Hansen can vouch for me!") Cheema is scheduled for pre-trial tomorrow morning.
Watching Wolin

Albuquerque, NM

#7611 Jan 4, 2009
wolin-tracker wrote:
Jaswinder ("Am I still under arrest?; Chris Hansen can vouch for me!") Cheema is scheduled for pre-trial tomorrow morning.
Thanks for the reminder WT
Dickie Bird

Brisbane, Australia

#7612 Jan 4, 2009
The tall dreamy giraffe is going to get it up the ass now.
ridiculous

Tampa, FL

#7613 Jan 4, 2009
wolin, your only hope now is skipping bail. I think that would be the best option. do so once you post bail after your conviction. before the book is thrown at you.

Anaheim, CA

#7614 Jan 4, 2009
ridiculous wrote:
wolin, your only hope now is skipping bail. I think that would be the best option. do so once you post bail after your conviction. before the book is thrown at you.
Dog the bounty hunter would put this guy away in about 2 days, unless he moves to Mexico.

Skipping bail should be one of the options in the pool. It should have bonus points too, because of the extra drama. That would *really* liven up this story.
emmylou

San Mateo, CA

#7615 Jan 4, 2009
Dickie Bird wrote:
The tall dreamy giraffe is going to get it up the ass now.
Giraffe? I think he looks more like a camel.
ridiculous

Tampa, FL

#7616 Jan 5, 2009
Sgt Stedenko wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog the bounty hunter would put this guy away in about 2 days, unless he moves to Mexico.
Skipping bail should be one of the options in the pool. It should have bonus points too, because of the extra drama. That would *really* liven up this story.
from the episode it sounds like he and his wife put up the bond themselves. so it doesn't sound like any 3rd party put up any of the bond.

so no bounty hunter likely, but still a bench warrant if this happens.

Los Angeles, CA

#7617 Jan 6, 2009
The clock is ticking! Wolin's day of reckoning is just one month from today. What once seemed so distant is now just around the corner.

Los Angeles, CA

#7618 Jan 6, 2009
Tall Dreamy Doc online...

When Wolin gets out of prison, he'll need a new wife. If the judge doesn't impose internet access restrictions, he'll likely go looking for his true love online. So I did a search and found that the domain name -TallDreamyDoc.com is available! Wolin could register that name and post his profile there.
Watching Wolin

Albuquerque, NM

#7619 Jan 6, 2009
Any news on the Cheema hearing yesterday?
wolin-tracker

Pacifica, CA

#7620 Jan 7, 2009
Watching Wolin wrote:
Any news on the Cheema hearing yesterday?
Here's the status for Cheema and Wolin as of this morning:

Cheema....
Readiness conference and discovery motion scheduled for this Monday, Jan. 12; jury trial set for next Friday, Jan. 16.

Wolin....
Motions scheduled for Jan. 22 and 23; readiness conference set for Feb. 4; jury trial set for Feb. 6.
DrDino

Victoria, TX

#7621 Jan 7, 2009
wolin-tracker wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the status for Cheema and Wolin as of this morning:
Cheema....
Readiness conference and discovery motion scheduled for this Monday, Jan. 12; jury trial set for next Friday, Jan. 16.
Wolin....
Motions scheduled for Jan. 22 and 23; readiness conference set for Feb. 4; jury trial set for Feb. 6.
Much Thanks, WT!
the wolinshow

Bronx, NY

#7622 Jan 7, 2009
Dr Baldino aka Wolin is in weight training ready to take on the murderers , gang bangers and rapist, Watch he will be the leader of cell block H
penman

Celina, OH

#7623 Jan 7, 2009
Who's Cheema's "legal eagle?"

Can you imagine him subpeonaing Chris Hansen as a character witness?
Watching Wolin

Albuquerque, NM

#7624 Jan 8, 2009
penman wrote:
Who's Cheema's "legal eagle?"
Can you imagine him subpeonaing Chris Hansen as a character witness?
I think her name is Marie case.
P-J Expose

Lebanon, OH

#7625 Jan 9, 2009
wolin-tracker wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly so, but bear in mind that the Wolin case is the first and only time that Von Erck had ever been called to testify. He and his computer hard drive had never before come under scrutiny in a court of law...
As to his computer hard drive, not exactly.

Philip John Eide (Xavier Von Erck) pulled the same stuff on a Florida judge back in September of 2008.

Here's the original link: http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournal...

For complete verification, however, you'll have to talk to the news-journalonline.com people, since it's now a dead link. Nevertheless, here are the parts of that story that are relevant to this discussion and to Eide's latest attempt to keep his secrets from the hands of law enforcement:

QUOTE:

September 26, 2008
'Predator' sting group rejects judge's order
By FRANK FERNANDEZ
Staff Writer

BUNNELL -- Perverted Justice, the controversial group that worked with "Dateline NBC" in its "To Catch a Predator" sting in Flagler Beach, refused to comply with a judge's order to allow an expert to examine its computer, defense attorneys said during a hearing Thursday.

But it may be a non-issue if defense attorneys accept a plea agreement offered this week by prosecutors. Ted Zentner, who spoke for a group of four defense attorneys at the hearing before Circuit Judge Kim C. Hammond, declined to reveal details of the offer.

Prosecutor Jennifer Carlson, who Zentner said made the offer, could not be reached for comment. No one at Perverted Justice could be reached for comment.

If the case is not settled, then Perverted Justice's refusal to allow access to its computer would have to be dealt with, Zentner said after the hearing.

Zentner represents Todd Spikes, 43, a former Alabama police officer who was fired after his arrest during the sting. Zentner also represents another man arrested in the sting, Daniel Kelly, 46, of Clearwater.

...[omitted]

"We need to have somebody check their computer to make sure the logs as prepared are true and accurate statements of the actual chats," Zentner said after the hearing at the Kim C. Hammond Justice Center. "That's what the analysis was going to do for us. It was going to give us basically verification of the truthfulness of the chat log. And, without that, we have no way of determining whether they are, in fact, true and accurate. Because anybody can type anything in a chat log; that doesn't mean that's what was discussed online."

END QUOTE

The difference, I think, probably, between the situation with Spikes in FL and Wolin in CA is that Wolin has been unwilling to bend over, whereas, apparently, Spikes was?

As far as I am concerned, the issue at hand is not whether Wolin may or may not be guilty, but rather, the rule of Law, which allows for an examination of witness and the evidence.

Frankly, my suspicion is that the reason P-J and Eide (Xavier) suffer so many hard drive failures, or otherwise refuse to provide them as ordered by Judges, is because of other evidence of other crimes, which may have or does reside on these hard drives.

You know, I mean, P-J is all about catching the child predators, right? So what's the problem, right? Why not provide the alleged failed hard drive, even, for examination by real computer experts, right?

I have a feeling it's not because they (Eide et. al) don't think the hard drive can help convict Wolin so much as someone may be worried it may convict someone else - either for obstruction of justice, or some more nefarious crime.

After all, we have rules of evidence and procedure for a reason - and although it includes that important purpose, it goes way beyond protecting the children from people like Wolin - it extends to protecting everyone else from both the police and private profiteers, like Eide/Von Erck and P-J.
Mark

Lebanon, OH

#7626 Jan 9, 2009
Are comments moderated before they show up?

Just a test.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moraga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Housing Aug 19 James 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 19 Leftovers 21,051
News Entrance to Temple Israel in Alameda Aug 18 SpankyMcdoogle 1
News HORROR - Mob of 60 Teenagers Rob, Beat Passenge... Aug 17 Blacksaredumb 7
News After Virginia, Northern California braces for ... Aug 16 Solarman 1
Why is there so much racism in Oakland? (Mar '12) Aug 16 Blacksaredumb 61
News Once a Hollywood heartthrob, Tab Hunter still a... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fa-Foxy 22

Moraga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moraga Mortgages