New Marin County public defender named

Marin's assistant public defender has been tapped to head the county department. Full Story
we the

American Canyon, CA

#1 Mar 26, 2010
new incident today
santa rosa biycle cop donw town driving at me on his bike same bycle cops from past incdentds several

including filew false report indent is on cmaera

today indent is also on camera

city of santa rosa as of this week is covering up crimes by the cops and as of today its ongpoing
we the

American Canyon, CA

#2 Mar 26, 2010
it hapend about threepm at rtansit mall today friday 3-26-10
city of santarosa ca vido area by city
that means again thier is evidence of act
Savage Fan

Danville, CA

#4 Mar 27, 2010
La Razr????
THE RACE?????
Gee...I wonder if he will be fair?????
I am filled with confidence that an ex LA RAZA employee will deal with the illegal labor issue.
Isn't all the illegal labor the main REASON our kids are resorting to crime?
They cannot support themselves because the wage levels of the ENTIRE COUNTRY have been artificially LOWERED... by the influx of illegal labor.
Essentially, the illegals and the corporations are WINNING...and the working American is LOSING.
And now...to top it off...the County hires an man with CLEAR CONNECTIONS to LA RAZA...a powerful Latino lobby...to defend POOR AMERICANS!!!!????
Again...does ANYONE believe that this Ex LA RAZA (the race) ACTIVIST will act in an UNBIASED manner????
I cannot believe it.
LA RAZA UR ONLY HOPE

Danville, CA

#5 Mar 27, 2010
Savage Fan wrote:

Again...does ANYONE believe that this Ex LA RAZA (the race) ACTIVIST will act in an UNBIASED manner????
My worry:
1. that he will "stiffarm" Americans who seek justice
2 that he will "go to bat" for "you know who"
3. that someday my children will be victimized by his OBVIOUS long held bias...
4. that he will hire even more biased employees for the county
usandthem

Menlo Park, CA

#6 Mar 27, 2010
Mr. Varella is a very skilled lawyer who has demonstrated competency, courtesy and respect to his clients, court personnel and his colleagues.
He is a good choice for that difficult and thankless job.
good man

Palo Alto, CA

#7 Mar 27, 2010
Jose valera is a good and honorable man. Not like the lowlife, backdoor deal, scumbags that run the DA and Probation....lest we forget the former human resources disgrace chief Armor....check out the public records and see how many lawsuits are against these clowns. Keep in mind what race THEY are before you start pointing fingers. I worked with all four of them for over 15 years and none except for Jose are very liked...no one will admit to it because retaliation is their middle name. Good luck Jose.
factminder

Menlo Park, CA

#8 Mar 27, 2010
Savage Fan wrote:
La Razr????
THE RACE?????
Gee...I wonder if he will be fair?????
I am filled with confidence that an ex LA RAZA employee will deal with the illegal labor issue.
Isn't all the illegal labor the main REASON our kids are resorting to crime?
They cannot support themselves because the wage levels of the ENTIRE COUNTRY have been artificially LOWERED... by the influx of illegal labor.
Essentially, the illegals and the corporations are WINNING...and the working American is LOSING.
And now...to top it off...the County hires an man with CLEAR CONNECTIONS to LA RAZA...a powerful Latino lobby...to defend POOR AMERICANS!!!!????
I cannot believe it.
In American society right now, with the immigration hysteria fueled by faux populists like CNN’s execrable Lou Dobbs, there is a growing wave of xenophobia that has begun to legitimate vigilantism, like that of the Arizona Minutemen (supported even by the governor of California); and vigilantism is always a feature of fascism in periods before it decisively achieves state power. The lines between the comic-opera militias parked along the Arizona border, the “libertarian” militias in the Midwest and the Aryan militias in the Idaho foothills are not terribly clear. Timothy McVeigh could have easily related to all of them.

The social currents of racial/cultural supremacy are there. The vigilantism is forming. So two aspects of fascism are already falling into place.
Savage Fan

Danville, CA

#9 Mar 27, 2010
factminder wrote:
<quoted text>In American society right now, with the immigration hysteria fueled by faux populists like CNN’s execrable Lou Dobbs, there is a growing wave of xenophobia that has begun to legitimate vigilantism, like that of the Arizona Minutemen (supported even by the governor of California); and vigilantism is always a feature of fascism in periods before it decisively achieves state power. The lines between the comic-opera militias parked along the Arizona border, the “libertarian” militias in the Midwest and the Aryan militias in the Idaho foothills are not terribly clear. Timothy McVeigh could have easily related to all of them.
The social currents of racial/cultural supremacy are there. The vigilantism is forming. So two aspects of fascism are already falling into place.
Wow...
How does simple economics...what I just said...in any way to the drivel you just regurgitated from Rachel Maddow?
I said WOW!
The tactic of "label the opponent"...in lieu of actually DISCUSSING the issue...has made it to the IJ threads !!! Hoooray!
Are you Big Brother on purpose ...or just a "useful dupe"?
I suggest a course in logic.
factminder

Menlo Park, CA

#10 Mar 27, 2010
Savage Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...
How does simple economics...what I just said...in any way to the drivel you just regurgitated from Rachel Maddow?
I said WOW!
The tactic of "label the opponent"...in lieu of actually DISCUSSING the issue...has made it to the IJ threads !!! Hoooray!
Are you Big Brother on purpose ...or just a "useful dupe"?
I suggest a course in logic.
Because fascism, which is corporate control of the government, can only be achieved by having the middle class attack those who they percieve as a threat to their dwindling status quo -- i.e., those of different races and lower economic status. It's divide and conquer, pure and simple, a smokescreen to distract us from the real threat to our freedom, both financial and Constitutional, by the Corporations who control both democratic and republican politicians. It's textbook.
Lessee

Larkspur, CA

#11 Mar 27, 2010
usandthem wrote:
Mr. Varella is a very skilled lawyer who has demonstrated competency, courtesy and respect to his clients, court personnel and his colleagues.
He is a good choice for that difficult and thankless job.
Sounds great, But we Americans also need legal help.
Just one example

San Francisco, CA

#12 Mar 27, 2010
If there weren't so many ILLEGAL ALIENS in Marin we could probably eliminate a public defender and the costs for the position.
A significant budget savings.
Will

Novato, CA

#13 Mar 29, 2010
First & foremost we are all people correct?! So the color of a person's skin should not matter, what should matter is whether a person can get the job done, and Jose Varela is that man. Jose Varela brings to the table equality within the Marin County justice system, something that has been missing for quite some time.
Savage Fan

Danville, CA

#14 Mar 29, 2010
of all the gov run stuff
This one should be private.
The gov defending against the gov.???
No wonder so many "successful prosecutions"
The only fair way is for the county to provide PRIVATE
attorneys for the poor. It will be CHEAPER...I tell you.
For this CHARADE to go on is totally immoral.
The gov cannot make a decent car or a razor blade
They cannot make a decent defense either.
They need to ADMIT it and change.
What about it Jose?
Am I wrong?!!!
Hey Jose the Public pretender....when will you admit you are part of the problem?
I know...after retirement.....SELLOUT!!!!
Savage Fan

Danville, CA

#15 Mar 29, 2010
Will wrote:
First & foremost we are all people correct?! So the color of a person's skin should not matter, what should matter is whether a person can get the job done, and Jose Varela is that man. Jose Varela brings to the table equality within the Marin County justice system, something that has been missing for quite some time.
Are you aware of the DAs standing deal with the PD to OVERCHARGE and then go for a plea deal???
This is the kind of monkey business that this Jose is neck deep in. And it really stinks. It is the reason the US is considered a Third World nation by most of the world today....the police state and the resulting lack of business growth.
The pd is literally SCARING business away from America! All over America.
And it is the public defenders who "play along" that really spell the death of freedom.
The Neutral Party

Novato, CA

#17 Mar 31, 2010
Savage Fan: The issue you have with the overcharge and then taking the plea, should be the fault of the DA's office not the PD. If the DA would not offer the plea's then there would be nothing to take, right?

Buddy Boy: Once they get to the PD's office they are called clients, not defendants. When you are placed on Probation, you then become a defendant. So don't believe everything you see on T.V.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moraga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristina Nelson 10 hr Local 4
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Chuck 19,281
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 12 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 16 hr El SupremoS 201,038
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 19 hr Brittle Fingers 16,913
Quan's Legacy. Sun Impeacher 62
Black Muslim security firm makes false claims i... (Mar '14) Sun southbronx 2

Moraga News Video

Moraga Jobs

Moraga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Moraga News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Moraga

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]