Boxer, Fiorina face off in debate

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer and Republican challenger Carly Fiorina engaged in a sharp exchange Wednesday over who is best suited to guide the country out of recession, with the challenger blaming Boxer for policies "that are devastating the state." The recession and how to turn around California's jobless rate, stuck above 12 percent for months, ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 58 Comments Last updated Sep 8, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Brian

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Let me get this right. Barbara Boxer says, "I'm in the United States Senate because I fight for the people, I fight for the dream,"? How did that work out for the workers and the farmers in the central valley. Because of Barbara Boxer and the dems environmental policies they turned 1/3rd of the central valley into a virtual desert wasteland. How did that work out for the thousands of people that lost their jobs?
SandGuy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Carly wiped up the floor wiht Babs! Babs looked dumb and only could repeat the olde lines of: Tax the rich; It's for the children; I'm here because I help you. Sheesh! She has no plan on the economy or anything else. OUT WITH BABS IN NOVEMBER!
Protectionist

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

why don't you ask the republicans that voted against every thing for progress in our country,even the food on your table for a lot of kids, they voted against the veterans bill for one, unemployement extensions, now they are saying that our wounded veterans are draining our economy, cut backs there? You must love the , just Google every republican voting record and you will fine your answer
What

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Protectionist wrote:
why don't you ask the republicans that voted against every thing for progress in our country,even the food on your table for a lot of kids, they voted against the veterans bill for one, unemployement extensions, now they are saying that our wounded veterans are draining our economy, cut backs there? You must love the , just Google every republican voting record and you will fine your answer
You're funny inaccurate but funny, typical democrat it is always someone elses fault. your overspending party who uses lies, bribes, backroom deals, blame and are borderline crooks is ok right? No I am not a Republican.
Start Fresh

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Boxer is part of the problem, not the solution. She has been bought and paid for many times over by the corporate establishment that controls the Government.
No incumbent should be reelected as they have proven that they do not follow the will of the people who they are suppose to serve.
America First

Beaumont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Boxer's retirement is way overdue. Get rid of her and all politicians in Washington that act as if they are entitled to be there. She is arogant and on the same page with obama, palosy and dingy harry reid in distroying our country.
hotvas

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Barb, go for her jugular!
Rufus T Firefly

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Protectionist wrote:
Republicans voted against "even the food on your table for a lot of kids." Its just this kind of rhetoric from the left that is getting old and ineffective. We can't spend anymore on the programs that democrats want for meeting every need in our society. More spending has been done with obama's "stimulus" plans than what was spent on the very unpopular Iraq war. Spend,spend and spend is not the way to economic freedom and you "Protectionist" are one of the misguided who believe in that failed principle.
WTH

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

I am so tired of every one's excessive thirst for Government interference into my life.

The lack of personal responsibility has turned this Nation into a convoluted mess of legislation and law.

What I would like to see is the end to oppressive taxes (death, estate, capitol gains), and a NEW FEDERAL TAX SYSTEM. A consumption tax with a protective base level of around 35,000.00, so the low income earners are protected. This new system would capture all the vast underground economy in this country, making a Fair Tax for all!!!!!

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO MAKE A CHANGE Check out:
http://www.fairtax.org

Our Federal and State governments have grossly failed the citizens who are the backbone to a secure country. If they didn't have easy access to our hard earned money, then they would be FORCED into responsible governing! The Snakes head needs to be cut off!

I would love to see APRIL 15th turn into another beautiful spring day. I'm tired of all the stresses our current inept system offers.

Carly Fiorina isn't the ideal candidate I would like to see, but she a huge improvement compared to Boxer!!!!!

Boxer has done nothing but enslave the working class, small business owners, and by her "Nanny" Governing Ideology she has helped push the Country into one of the worst economic times in my lifetime (50).

Carly UNDERSTANDS THE IMPORTANCE of Small Business. Our Great Country's backbone!

Patriotic American

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Carly shipped HP jobs to China and was fired by them for illegally spying on the board.

Yep, she's a real politician just like Nixon.
Vern

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Rufus T Firefly wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans voted against "even the food on your table for a lot of kids." Its just this kind of rhetoric from the left that is getting old and ineffective. We can't spend anymore on the programs that democrats want for meeting every need in our society. More spending has been done with obama's "stimulus" plans than what was spent on the very unpopular Iraq war. Spend,spend and spend is not the way to economic freedom and you "Protectionist" are one of the misguided who believe in that failed principle.
Well said. The tired old liberal lines are outdated and totally ineffective in this era of well informed voters.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Boxer kept talking about the jobs Fiorina lost. I guess with her mindset everyone who lost their job in California should blame Boxer!

Also Boxer got her a s s waxed last night. The only thing she could come up with was the jobs thing and Fiorina's severance package...I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago. Maybe Fiorina has a lot to learn, but she certainly is better than Barbarba Boxer!

FYI..Independent
Former HP Employee

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Anyone who thinks Carly is qualified to lead anything after hiring private investigators to investigate HP board members is a moron.
Boxed-in and suffocating

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Critical election--Boxer has got to go.

She's been too destructive for too long. Six more years of her is difficult to even think about. The outcome of this election will probably have greater impact than even the one for governor.
General Mills

Chino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

All incumbents should be voted OUT this November; including state assembly person Norma Torres (61st/dist) who tried to pass a bill in favor of Wal*Mart avoiding EPA regulations...It failed by the way, so it's not an accomplishment she will be bragging about; doubt she will even give public mention...Too bad she isn't spending as much attention to common taxpayers as she is to Wal*Mart...

vote OUT Norma Torres/ state assembly 61st district.

btw- Her bill in favor of special interests (Wal*Mart) FAILED- Meanwhile, the entire state assembly has failed to comply w/ the law in regards to resolving the state budget that is overdue.
Wobbles

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Boxer blames Fiorina and "the rich" for outsourcing jobs,but she voted for NAFTA and has taken the lead in making the business environment too toxic and undesirable for businesses. She and her liberal cronies have done more with their over-regulation and punishment of business to drive american jobs overseas than any CEO.Businesses are under no obligation to stay a place they are not wanted and lose money by doing it. She and her pals made it clear to anyone wanting to do well in business that she was dead set against them doing it here, and now she acts like she'd surprised the businesses left?
American Patriot

Rialto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

"I'm in the United States Senate because I fight for the people, I fight for the dream," Boxer said

Earth to Boxer, the American dream does not involve food stamps, section 8, or after school programs.

Barbara Boxer's policies of increased taxation and regulation are the reason that those HP jobs and many other jobs are shipped overseas. The liberal policies have made it clear that they don't like or want success in the private sector. They want Americans to be beholden to the government and entitlement programs, this is her distorted view of the American dream.
American Patriot

Rialto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Oh sorry Barbara, I meant to say "Senator"...wouldn't want you to throw a fit.
Protectionist

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

What wrote:
<quoted text>
You're funny inaccurate but funny, typical democrat it is always someone elses fault. your overspending party who uses lies, bribes, backroom deals, blame and are borderline crooks is ok right? No I am not a Republican.
if not a republican, you must be a TEA PARY racist, wonder what those small business owners out your way are thinking> there must be some republicans out there that are waiting for a loan to keep 'em going, you know create jobs that the dems' are trying creat to get the small business loan bill passed and the republicans killed it, went home to play golf leaving you guys to hang out to dry but you will still vote for that witch that shipped jobs over seas got fired and walked with 21,000,000. You must have means, so do I, but I have compassion for the down and out. you republican would vote for Hitler if he were alive,you will vote for someone that thinks like he did just because Obama is half black
Protectionist

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

American Patriot wrote:
"I'm in the United States Senate because I fight for the people, I fight for the dream," Boxer said
Earth to Boxer, the American dream does not involve food stamps, section 8, or after school programs.
Barbara Boxer's policies of increased taxation and regulation are the reason that those HP jobs and many other jobs are shipped overseas. The liberal policies have made it clear that they don't like or want success in the private sector. They want Americans to be beholden to the government and entitlement programs, this is her distorted view of the American dream.
you mean ,like social security and Medicare and Va pensions? now you are really funny

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Moraga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 21 min standing ground 4,979
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 23 min marching banded 15,931
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 25 min staples closing 200,599
Quan's Legacy. 1 hr Quan must be gone 57
Debate: Ferguson - Oakland, CA 1 hr TBL 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Chuck 18,761
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 10 hr Brittle Fingers 16,902

Search the Moraga Forum:
•••

Moraga News Video

•••
•••

Moraga Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Moraga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••