Online protest stops Donald Blom stor...

Online protest stops Donald Blom story that was never meant to ...

There are 40 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 4, 2009, titled Online protest stops Donald Blom story that was never meant to .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

It was a protest that never happened outside the Internet for a story that was never going to be on television.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Golf Guy

Apopka, FL

#1 Nov 4, 2009
Yeah right, it was a mistake, we never meant to air it. These TV networks will air anything to make a buck.
bob

Sartell, MN

#2 Nov 5, 2009
just another nail in the coffen of free speech. thanks everyone who help squash free speech one more time.
Jimmy Speedo

Rochester, MN

#3 Nov 5, 2009
Enough of these "Revisiting the case" stories on slow news days. All it does is re-open old wounds for the family and, in the case of a complete sociopath like Blom, provides the offender a venue to feel important again. Unfortunately, Minnesota doesnt have the guts to kill this guy as he deserves, so just let him rot in anonymity.
Oakdale Lady

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Nov 5, 2009
Hey Bob, here's my free speech... you're an idiot!
Molly Anton

Virginia, MN

#5 Nov 5, 2009
I'm glad to see the huge amount of Support our community has for the Poirier Family.. I never had expected to have such a huge impact over FB but aftering seeing what we can accomplish as a community I'm glad it happened..
No spin zone

Forest Lake, MN

#6 Nov 5, 2009
I was camping on Litle Moose lake the weekend this happen. We spent the rest of our trip helping look for Katie. They should just leave these people alone, and just burn D. Bloom.

“it takes a lot to laugh”

Since: Oct 09

St Paul

#7 Nov 5, 2009
That slimeball is appealing for the fourth time. What is the basis for the appeal? It looks like the 3 previous appeals met the same fate. He was transferred out of Minnesota for his own safety and now wants back. I am hoping they are planning a big cell block welcome home party for him!!
Venison

United States

#8 Nov 5, 2009
why give that rat any press. he should just remain in prison til he dies, with NO fan fare.
Jod

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Nov 5, 2009
Too bad the Northland doesn't boycott the violent shows and cable as violent shows are everywhere. The public watches more violence than ever before. Reality TV is violent. Spike TV is nothing but violent. Now even Animal Planet is excluding itself now from the violence. Some news stations are known for its number of murders and crime segments. What is one more news segment about violence?
Disgusted

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Nov 5, 2009
Part of the sentence that molesters and murderers get should include a clause that prohibits them access to the press. The last any of us should ever see or hear from these animals is when they turn their back and walk out of the courtroom in ankle shackles and hand cuffs and start their life sentence in prison. I also find it concerning that their safety is of any concern once they are convicted. Put this deviant in the St. Cloud prison and wish him luck.
Roy Bean

Ely, MN

#11 Nov 5, 2009
Hang him. Give him a fair trial. Then burn his body. In that order.
ALR

United States

#12 Nov 5, 2009
Honored to be part of this community!
Eric

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Nov 5, 2009
Bob,

Free speech has limits. These limits have been defined in the Supreme Court, Appellate Courts, District Courts, et. al.

If it's a nail in the coffin of free speech, how `bout the media revisit painful things in YOUR life in front of thousands of people for the purpose of profit. It's suddenly different, isn't it?

Free speech does NOT include the right to slander or libel. Free speech does NOT include the right to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater. Free speech does NOT include the right to cause pain to people.

The Poirers are not "public figures", so they do not fall under those typical exemptions that the famous/imfamous lack in terms of protection from slander/libel.
YoMammy

United States

#14 Nov 5, 2009
How about if they don't want to see it, they don't watch it......
Javier

United States

#15 Nov 5, 2009
bob wrote:
just another nail in the coffen of free speech. thanks everyone who help squash free speech one more time.
Spoken like a true child rapist loving Minnesotan who cannot tell the difference between free speech and harassment of a good Moose Lake family who lost a daughter to the very ilk he supports.

If this dirt bag was dead, we would not be having this discussion. I wish we weren't having this discussion.
Camel Tow

Calgary, Canada

#16 Nov 5, 2009
YoMammy wrote:
how senstive are you?...what a mean spirited comment to make, sure the family appreciates your compassion.....
Javier

United States

#17 Nov 5, 2009
YoMammy wrote:
Oh look, another advocate for crimes against children and their families. You are a lousy human being. But then, you're probably posting from behind bars, so you're right where you belong.

Since: Jun 09

Olathe, KS

#18 Nov 5, 2009
How about this? He gets his chance to speak out as soon as Katie does.

Fourth appeal and transferred for his own safety? Poor baby. All he is doing is wasting our money.

Incidentally, I hope this coverage is reaching PA. Be a shame if the boys there found out why he was there.

Hmmm.
Lesterlynn

Duluth, MN

#20 Nov 5, 2009
Eric said:
"Free speech does NOT include the right to slander or libel. Free speech does NOT include the right to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater. Free speech does NOT include the right to cause pain to people."

You're correct--except for the last one. No law restricts my right to say something that may be painful to you. You made that up.

Sure, Blom's a monster. But I WOULD like to know if the monster is planning another appeal, or if he is going to be moved back to Minnesota to serve his time. And I resent that the sources I depend upon for news were not allowed to report this information because a couple of info-fascists had nothing better to do than interfere with their programming.

If the station made a mistake in running the promo, fine--but how about we actually listen to what they have to say before forcing them to censor themselves out of fear of retribution. Seriously. Get a hobby.
Teddy

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Nov 5, 2009
YoMammy wrote:
Why should the family or the public be forced to watch the tape again, of little Katie being walked out of the store with this freaks hands around her throat.

You can go pound sand, or visit Blom himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moose Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Duck hunter goes missing on Pine County lake (Nov '15) Nov '15 Carrie 1
News Motorcycle/deer collision cl... (Oct '06) Aug '15 Amy Johnson 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
phone number (Jan '13) May '15 newie 3
News Reforms are taking hold in Minnesota's sex offe... (Mar '15) Mar '15 ME OR A TO Z 2
Victor Barnard...up to $25,000 reward for infor... (Dec '14) Feb '15 Jeff Sjolander 2
Willow River Days (Jan '09) Jul '14 babs 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moose Lake Mortgages