Homeless sex offender draws ire of Ba...

Homeless sex offender draws ire of Barnum-area residents

There are 88 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 3, 2010, titled Homeless sex offender draws ire of Barnum-area residents. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

About 200 concerned Barnum area residents filled the school's auditorium Monday night to hear about a Level 3 registered predatory offender now living in the area but without a specific home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Barnum Guy

Saint Paul, MN

#90 Aug 4, 2010
Bridge Repair Money wrote:
Maybe Hollywood should use the profit they make from Roman Polanski's movie to pay for housing for level 3 sex offenders.
Now that I would like to see!
James

Saint Paul, MN

#91 Aug 4, 2010
You people don't know how many white male predators you have in your midst. Many of them your husbands, boyfriends and brothers. Come to University Avenue and you might see one of yours prowling the Ave. and backstreets. And yes, they're all white.
Bridge Repair Money

Minneapolis, MN

#92 Aug 4, 2010
James wrote:
You people don't know how many white male predators you have in your midst. Many of them your husbands, boyfriends and brothers. Come to University Avenue and you might see one of yours prowling the Ave. and backstreets. And yes, they're all white.
Not according to the actual sex offender registry website.

Funny how people like being Politically and conveniently paranoid about sex offenders.

Neo-McCarthyism I tells ya'
tarmancer

Sebeka, MN

#93 Aug 5, 2010
Azhrei wrote:
This individual has served his time, completed the mandatory sentence that was adjudicated against his crime. He has made it publicly known that he has offended and would like to make a better life for himself through finding an active job and being a successful member of society...what more could you ask for? He is a criminal that admits he is a sexual offender.
If you are scared of him, then stay away from the area. Take a walk with your kids instead of letting them walk alone.
He is trying to find a job so that he will not be forced to offend again....give this guy some slack. If he can't find gameful employment, what is the next step????? Will he commit robbery to stay alive? Who knows.... But wouldn't you rather help him when he is asking instead of crucifying him after the fact?
wtf? You said "he is trying to find a job so he will not be FORCED to offend again."??? so all unemployed people are forced to be sex offenders? did I get that right?
edwardeubanks

United States

#94 Aug 5, 2010
He was a child of 16 at the time of the crime and will be stigmatized for life. Judging by many of the comments here, he will be persecuted as well.
Joe Bite Me

Minneapolis, MN

#95 Aug 5, 2010
edwardeubanks wrote:
He was a child of 16 at the time of the crime and will be stigmatized for life. Judging by many of the comments here, he will be persecuted as well.
Used to work with a gal who lived in Blaine.

A "Teenager" in her area abducted a young boy and tortured him to death, ya he killed him.

Well the perp served his time and was released and moved back in the area and was making friends with the gals son.

She moved out of Blaine..

However the perp is still out there, watch your kids!
Eddie

Saint Paul, MN

#96 Aug 5, 2010
Someone trying to turn their life around is "scary"?

"It said he was looking for employment and that he had hurt people in the past and was trying to turn his life around," she said. "It's scary."
Buttomfly

Madison, WI

#97 Aug 5, 2010
James wrote:
You people don't know how many white male predators you have in your midst. Many of them your husbands, boyfriends and brothers. Come to University Avenue and you might see one of yours prowling the Ave. and backstreets. And yes, they're all white.
Sad reality is what you say is truer than you realize. Considering most sexual predators and rapists have actually been actively raping for awhile before they finally get caught and charged. If you only knew how many of these are just released back on the streets for lack of evidence, lack of a willing testifying witness and those cases that just aren't worth prosecuting at the time. There is reason to be frightened of these people because they will keep re-offending until they are off the street.

More and more people should be taking some sort of self defense class. Here in Madison there are now free classes that at least give you the confidence and skills to show you are not an easy target. There needs to more of these offered around the country. The police only show up after the damage is done, the idea is to keep the damage to a minimum from the moment of contact. Being vigilant and alert is the first part but you have to live your life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moose Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New App for missing Nov 2 three blocks 1
News Duck hunter goes missing on Pine County lake (Nov '15) Nov '15 Carrie 1
News Motorcycle/deer collision cl... (Oct '06) Aug '15 Amy Johnson 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
phone number (Jan '13) May '15 newie 3
News Reforms are taking hold in Minnesota's sex offe... (Mar '15) Mar '15 ME OR A TO Z 2
Victor Barnard...up to $25,000 reward for infor... (Dec '14) Feb '15 Jeff Sjolander 2

Moose Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moose Lake Mortgages