Sex offenders sue to get computers back

Sex offenders sue to get computers back

There are 86 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Sex offenders sue to get computers back. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Four people being treated in Minnesota's sex offender program in St. Peter and Moose Lake are suing to get their computers back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
NNR

Cottage Grove, MN

#110 May 14, 2008
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
Violent rapists and pedophiles that cannot control their urges....send um away and offer them a surgical or chemical change, to stop their destruction of innocents!
But....
Of the 20,000 offenders in Minneeesota, there are not many who fall into this category. There are a lot of guys who went to far, or made a bad choice, who can never be redeemed by law.
I don't think women get the "gender pass" from other women nor do I think that's been a result of the feminism movement. I am as outraged by female teachers who prey on their students as men who do the same thing. But, whenever someone dismisses these behaviors in women it's immature men (note all the times on these Topix that a man will say, "Sure wish I'd had a teacher like that.")

Also, male and female predators tend to come from two different places -- Females equate sex and love, and they are looking for love; males equate sex and power/control and they are looking for control. Men's sexual crimes are usually violent; women's aren't.

Even men who have been castrated report continuing to have sexual urges; they just find new ways to control and abuse victims. Again, the point is that it's not about the sex.

Sex offenses convictions have many levels in order to separate those who are most likely to reoffend from those who "made a bad choice" or "went too far." Although I suspect your definition of "making a bad choice" is probably far different from mine, I do agree there are people whose bad choices follow them long after they should. But then, the law is simply not always fair.

Consistent

Since: Mar 08

Zimmerman, MN

#111 May 14, 2008
NNR wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think women get the "gender pass" from other women nor do I think that's been a result of the feminism movement. I am as outraged by female teachers who prey on their students as men who do the same thing. But, whenever someone dismisses these behaviors in women it's immature men (note all the times on these Topix that a man will say, "Sure wish I'd had a teacher like that.")
Also, male and female predators tend to come from two different places -- Females equate sex and love, and they are looking for love; males equate sex and power/control and they are looking for control. Men's sexual crimes are usually violent; women's aren't.
Even men who have been castrated report continuing to have sexual urges; they just find new ways to control and abuse victims. Again, the point is that it's not about the sex.
Sex offenses convictions have many levels in order to separate those who are most likely to reoffend from those who "made a bad choice" or "went too far." Although I suspect your definition of "making a bad choice" is probably far different from mine, I do agree there are people whose bad choices follow them long after they should. But then, the law is simply not always fair.
The vast majority of males who are sex offenders are not men who sought control, as much as men with deviant sexual desires. This is the big "myth" that nice people do not talk about.

Today deviant covers a lot of ground. 40 years ago, homosexuality was "Deviant". Today we say "they cannot help it they were born this way".

20 years ago two homosexuals marrying was "Deviant".....today

Grandpa and Grandma fell in love when granny was 15 years old and gramps was 23 years old. Because of Statute,(Statutory Law) gramps would be a "Deviant" sex offender registered for life because he is a danger to society. There are hundreds if not thousands of offenders in this group in the state.

Teenage Boys who are naive and raging with hormones, anxious for their 1st experience with a teenage girl, are not the smartest creatures on Earth.
If the female of his desire is a girl that is Statutorily(?) to young, but a willing participant, he becomes a registered sex offender.
Why?... Because regardless of how many experiences the girl may have had, she was not able to "Choose" to have relations with the boy.

Of course the boy was old enough to choose????

Why are the young males choices justification to criminalize his natural desires, but the young girl is a victim?

One word....Feminism!!
Do some research folks.... One of the tenents of Feminism is that all "sexual intercourse is rape"!

Dont belieive me, think I am just a mysogynist?...do a google search using the words I quotationed.

Bad guys are bad guys,. Put um away, hurt um, flog um, change um if we can, discard them if we cant.

But do not think that these bad guys are why the Statutory Laws are as they are. Feminist Politics have caused these changes in Statutory Law.

Instead of calling me names...do research and see what the leading Feminist Thinkers say. You will see why the offender laws criminalize Male Sexual Behavior

sunderbug

Dennison, MN

#112 Oct 30, 2008
this is not prison we are talking about do some research and then wonder where your tax dollars are going and why
not all need to be here!
http://www.startribune.com/projects/19529344....
hbirch

Forest Lake, MN

#113 Oct 30, 2008
I worked at a sex offender program for 9 years in Mn. And let me tell you they have more rights than the average joe out there. Thats why some of the biggest treatment programs are here in our great state. I just soon cut their balls off then send them to treatment. I have see it first hand whats out their. Keep your kids close to you at all times.
And this was In your Forest Lake, Stacy Mn area.
sunderbug

Dennison, MN

#114 Oct 30, 2008
Mr Johnson wrote:
What kind of people talk on their computers anyway? All of you people in this room make me sick. I watch To Catch A Predator and it's only perverts and nerds who talk on the comptuer. What's this internet stuff anyway? We just got a computer here at the retirement home and I'm the only one who's ever used it because we know it's only nerds who use that internet stuff. Who ever heard of talking on a computer? I saw a news story the other day that people who talk on computers try to lure others into a life of prostitution. I'm 79 years old and you sick people probably want to lure me to your house and force me into prostitution. You people are sick. Stay away from computers.
considering you are on the computer AND talking on it i think you must be a sick and perverted old man :-)and im NOT coming to your retirement home! not even if you ask.*snicker*
Concerned

Puerto Rico

#115 Dec 2, 2008
michael P wrote:
<quoted text>
St Peter is a Hospital (period) they are commited as a "Mentally ill" person's for being a sex offenders- at first when the state passed this law, I have to admit that with my understanding of the law, I thought this was wrong... but NOW, it looks loke the state has made a "good-call" here-
Mentally ill? Give them a labotomy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moose Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Duck hunter goes missing on Pine County lake (Nov '15) Nov '15 Carrie 1
News Motorcycle/deer collision cl... (Oct '06) Aug '15 Amy Johnson 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
phone number (Jan '13) May '15 newie 3
News Reforms are taking hold in Minnesota's sex offe... (Mar '15) Mar '15 ME OR A TO Z 2
Victor Barnard...up to $25,000 reward for infor... (Dec '14) Feb '15 Jeff Sjolander 2
Willow River Days (Jan '09) Jul '14 babs 11

Moose Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moose Lake Mortgages