hopeful

San Diego, CA

#5087 Apr 2, 2013
Can you give us a hint how to get a job with your new agency? A name or a good direct number to recruiter?
Olin wrote:
Meanwhile, PI are hiring on craigslist...
http://newyork.craigslist.org/search/jjj...
What does this mean?...
MIDISymphony

Uniontown, OH

#5088 Apr 2, 2013
Olin wrote:
Meanwhile, PI are hiring on craigslist...
http://newyork.craigslist.org/search/jjj...
What does this mean?...
For "work at home" I can only see pesky Language Line Services ads. No "Pacific Interpreters" - as they're no longer separate business entity. All OPIs I know who had contract with PI were offered employee status with LLI for ridiculously low wages. Others reportedly received a famous American "golden handshake".
Good luck finding new agency to all of you, people. Times are definitely getting tough...

Since: Jan 13

Brooklyn, NY

#5089 Apr 3, 2013
Hopeful, I can give you contact info for the CLI recruiter. I just don't want to post it here, not sure if that would be ok...
Hopeful

San Diego, CA

#5090 Apr 3, 2013
I am sure they would love it if you be a referral for them. I am sure it does not matter if you do post it. However you can go to Farsi Interpreter at fb and look me up over there.
oliuk wrote:
Hopeful, I can give you contact info for the CLI recruiter. I just don't want to post it here, not sure if that would be ok...
Hopeful

San Diego, CA

#5091 Apr 3, 2013
I am sure they would love it if you be a referral for them. I am sure it does not matter if you do post it. However you can go to Farsi Interpreter at fb and look me up over there.Thanks in advance.
Hopeful

San Diego, CA

#5092 Apr 3, 2013
It has been a while. I am amazed that you quit working for PI. How is your health my dear? I know you had some sort of heart problem. It sure has been a while.
MIDISymphony wrote:
I'm with CLI now and I'm a happy camper .
Anyone with PI contract will become LLS employee. I'm glad I quit PI back in Sep. 2012 and signed contract with CLI. Pacific Interpreters were becoming a prick in the pants for me - very unfriendly and invasive. I only make up to $1K monthly with CLI but it's the money we put away in out budget anyways. Also I only have 6 more years left to start collecting SS pension. And time is flying ...
MIDISymphony

Uniontown, OH

#5095 Apr 3, 2013
Hopeful - intuition, just intuition. They turned into bitches few months before I ditched them. Then after few more months they ceased to exist. As far as my heart condition goes, I'm waiting for Obamacare to kick in. It will be better for me to have any insurance, than no insurance ( which is happening right now) My wife is in the same situation. She's been working as a part-time reference librarian in a public library since 2001 ( government job, you'd think). Whenever someone in her library retires and the person had full time position, management splits it up into two part-time positions. Hey, welcome to America - the country of scam and swindle. I met a guy from England few days ago and we had a friendly chat. I asked him when he'd arrived in the US and he told me : "14 years ago". When I asked him : " did you manage to adjust to American reality ?" he replied: " I'm still working on it". Then he goes : " How aboit yourself ?" And I said : " hey, I got good news for you- been here 26 years and still no end in sight for the adjustment process"....hahaha
Hopeful

San Diego, CA

#5096 Apr 3, 2013
Yes,I hear you. I have to pay $365.00 got a half ass insurance that really pays only for some of the cheap meds. I am fed up myself. Been here for 34 years and not yet understanding it! So, glad your okay. Yes, can tell why they split the jobs to part time jobs with no benefits. Its been years we are doing this job from home. I am so burnt out and do get crazy calls from QA of PI that just makes me more disappointed. Never once they call or give me a raise for the difficult and good jobs that I do. Anyhow, life goes on and we are still standing. That's the one that counts. Wish you best at all times.
MIDISymphony wrote:
Hopeful - intuition, just intuition. They turned into bitches few months before I ditched them. Then after few more months they ceased to exist. As far as my heart condition goes, I'm waiting for Obamacare to kick in. It will be better for me to have any insurance, than no insurance ( which is happening right now) My wife is in the same situation. She's been working as a part-time reference librarian in a public library since 2001 ( government job, you'd think). Whenever someone in her library retires and the person had full time position, management splits it up into two part-time positions. Hey, welcome to America - the country of scam and swindle. I met a guy from England few days ago and we had a friendly chat. I asked him when he'd arrived in the US and he told me : "14 years ago". When I asked him : " did you manage to adjust to American reality ?" he replied: " I'm still working on it". Then he goes : " How aboit yourself ?" And I said : " hey, I got good news for you- been here 26 years and still no end in sight for the adjustment process"....hahaha
MIDISymphony

Uniontown, OH

#5097 Apr 4, 2013
QA calls from PI was the reason I told them one day " bye and don't call me again". QA would call me at midnight ( it was 9 pm in Portland, OR) and ask me how long was my last call ( i.e. the one I completed 7 hours ago...) They kept calling like maniacs, even though I consistently told them that I did not keep track of duration of my calls. Sometimes a gentleman called from( I assume PI QA dept.) and was trying to reprimand me for "not using first person in interpretation". But his English was so remarkably bad that I could only suspect what he wanted. To make long story short, I decided to move on and ignore incompetence :)
MIDISymphony

Uniontown, OH

#5098 Apr 5, 2013
hopeful wrote:
Can you give us a hint how to get a job with your new agency? A name or a good direct number to recruiter?
<quoted text>
Check post # 5052
CLI

Portland, OR

#5099 Apr 18, 2013
I hope all of you are well. If you are interested in providing interpreting service for CLI you can e-mail your resume to [email protected]

All resumes or e-mails sent to that address go directy to the Interpreter Recruiting Department.

Take care everyone,
Doriana McGraw
Hopeful

San Diego, CA

#5100 Apr 19, 2013
Many thanks to Doriana. I have sent my resume already and they have responded to my email. Thanks again.
CLI wrote:
I hope all of you are well. If you are interested in providing interpreting service for CLI you can e-mail your resume to [email protected]
All resumes or e-mails sent to that address go directy to the Interpreter Recruiting Department.
Take care everyone,
Doriana McGraw
Hopeful

San Diego, CA

#5101 Apr 19, 2013
Thanks darling. Long time ago I did apply with them but never got a reply. I will try again. How have you been darling?
Corona del Mar wrote:
Semi Hopeful,
LionBridge does pay well. Very well. They have everhthing, medical, fema, legal etc.
Former employee

United States

#5102 May 20, 2013
Whatever happened with this
I worked for them in the office in the late 90's and they weren't paying interpreters then
strivin4balance

Post Falls, ID

#5103 May 20, 2013
I mailed my resume' to CLI last year and never heard back from them :S.
MIDISymphony

Akron, OH

#5104 May 21, 2013
strivin4balance wrote:
I mailed my resume' to CLI last year and never heard back from them :S.
I all depends on your language pair. If you offer them Spanish they may not be interested because they have too many applicants . If you offer them some exotic Suahili or what not they may not be interested, too because there's no demand for it. My pair is right in the middle : demand is quite high and not many interpreters use it.
melina

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#5105 Jun 21, 2013
Why if the client are using speakers either from a cellphone, a portable or a regular phone they want your voice to be loud and clear and when I ask to take it from speaker ,they just don't , any advice?
MIDISymphony

Akron, OH

#5106 Jun 22, 2013
In some settings - e.g. medical client prefers "hands free" conversation. If their English is reasonably good I can easily "fill the gaps" in our communication. Thing is that more often, than not there's a problem with English.....
Ali

Lima, Peru

#5107 Jul 18, 2013
melina wrote:
Why if the client are using speakers either from a cellphone, a portable or a regular phone they want your voice to be loud and clear and when I ask to take it from speaker ,they just don't , any advice?
what company you work for?
Ali

Lima, Peru

#5108 Jul 18, 2013
http://www.bilingual-ls.com/ #!__eng-peru

they pay 15cents the MIN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moorpark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 12 hr Rene Rio 4,529
Are there Jews in simi Mar 16 Scott Curtis 1
Are there any Black people in Simi? (Mar '07) Mar 16 Scott Curtis 26
Relocation to Westlake Village, CA Mar 15 Well Well 2
Trump's outbursts prove he's unstable (Aug '16) Aug '16 JesusisKing123 2
Wife of Mike Hutcher (Aug '16) Aug '16 Cat 1
Pamela hutcherson passed on yesterday??? (Jul '16) Jul '16 Laura Hutcherson 1

Moorpark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moorpark Mortgages