All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown

All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown

There are 1715 comments on the CBS News story from Feb 9, 2006, titled All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown. In it, CBS News reports that:

All seven Los Angeles County jails remained on lockdown Thursday as another brawl broke out between Hispanic and black inmates, continuing a week of rioting that has injured scores of inmates and killed one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 86
Next Last
kristen

Whittier, CA

#2 Feb 9, 2006
That really upsets me when people make comments about things they have no clue about. I also think that it is very rude to make such broad racial comments.
carlos

Santiago, Chile

#3 Feb 10, 2006
very ignorant i would say

those "alliens" keep the US economy alive.
Letś not forget, america was built on top of slavery...
Compton

Canton, MI

#4 Feb 10, 2006
The reason minorities get "played" so often in this raCially disCriminating soCiety is beCause we have manipulated ourselves into believing that we are our own enemies. blaCC vs. hispaniC vs. asian. It all needs to stop. We need to Come together and see eaCh other as people and not as a Color. I am the son of a hispaniC mother and a blaCC father and it pains me to see my brothers behave this way. INCREASE THE PEACE, and R.I.P to my blaCC brother who lost his life that day.
B Thomas

Washington, DC

#5 Feb 10, 2006
Terence wrote:
The blacks are clearly being outnumbered by Bush's illegal alliens.
Don't worry about it. The blacks are about to get some payback here on the east coast.
shawn

United States

#6 Feb 11, 2006
i think it is crazy. i mean the blacks and mexicans fighting in the prisons. of course the mexicans have the black outnumber in LA and in the streets. because of the illegals in Cali. but you have to remember over here on the east coast the blacks have the hispanics out numbered. so do not be surprised if fights break out in jails aross the country. also you have to remember crips and bloods are a nation wide culture. there are in everystate in the us. mostly blacks are in them. there are waching this. the mexicans gangs have not took there gang culture nation wide. blacks do not join mexicans gangs. we are all people black, latno, asian, white, stop the volence.
javi

Salem, VA

#7 Feb 11, 2006
i think black leaders and latino leaders should go into prisons and talk to these inmates to try to educate both races about their cultures
wendy

United States

#9 Feb 12, 2006
Don't know why all the fuss is continuing. The one and only person to die in the Wayside riot was a high risk registered sex offender. Unless the news reports are all lies.
Kristen

AOL

#10 Feb 12, 2006
yeah the news reports are all lies. Please you need to get over yourself. Dont make comments about things you dont know about. You know what the fuss is all about some of us have loved ones in there. The last thing I want is something to happen to my husband. So until you know whats going on just keep believing what you want, just dont make yourself look stupid by making such comments. If you dont like it then dont pay attention to it.
leff

West Palm Beach, FL

#11 Feb 12, 2006
send all these idiots to Iraq if they want to fight so much, and bring back our real heros who are out there fighting for their country .
leff

West Palm Beach, FL

#12 Feb 12, 2006
B Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't worry about it. The blacks are about to get some payback here on the east coast.
tookie got payback
wendy

United States

#13 Feb 12, 2006
Kristen wrote:
yeah the news reports are all lies. Please you need to get over yourself. Dont make comments about things you dont know about. You know what the fuss is all about some of us have loved ones in there. The last thing I want is something to happen to my husband. So until you know whats going on just keep believing what you want, just dont make yourself look stupid by making such comments. If you dont like it then dont pay attention to it.
Go back to the first riot at Wayside, the report was correct. I pity you that you have a family member with a lifestyle that incarcerates your loved ones. I may be concerned but I wouldn't be proud of that. The truth is this did begin with a sex offender, then continued with boys being boys. Grow up, maybe your man will.
Margaret

Canoga Park, CA

#14 Feb 13, 2006
wendy wrote:
Don't know why all the fuss is continuing. The one and only person to die in the Wayside riot was a high risk registered sex offender. Unless the news reports are all lies.
Wendy the big fuss is he is human just like you and i, i know he was a sex offender and beleive you me i dont agree with that at all but he was somebody's son..We cant help at times what our kids grow up to be. Thanks some of us can bless our lucky stars
lgcarwidow

Nanty Glo, PA

#15 Feb 13, 2006
["Margaret"]<quot ed text> Wendy the big fuss is he is human just like you and i, i know he was a sex offender and beleive you me i dont agree with that at all but he was somebody's son..We cant help at times what our kids grow up to be. Thanks some of us can bless our lucky stars

Thats TRUE my son is there and white (the minority there)he was raised with a good life had what he wanted but choose to screw up, my daughter is headed down the same path, they both have had a good home life, and good schooling, but we as parents can not control what they do when we are not at home or when they are at school, we cant keep them locked in a room till there 18 and then hope that they make the right chooses, we can only hope that they will learn from what we teach them, they choose not to listen dispite what we try to teach them.
smiley

Markham, Canada

#16 Feb 13, 2006
crips and bloods plz latinos not nation wide thing againg brown has the power f k the east coast they do that over there we will see they take 1 brown we take 3ugly Charcoal
meaning tintos after all u r big but stupid may be cause u were slaves and what we jump the boder and what r u going to do about it after all were are cuter than a gorilla oh yeah my brother was in the riot at pelican bay and he made a tinto cry east coast dint do nothing about it maybe because crips and bloods are not a MAFIA LIKE LATINOS east coast bring it
Monica

Huntington Beach, CA

#17 Feb 13, 2006
wendy wrote:
<quoted text>Go back to the first riot at Wayside, the report was correct. I pity you that you have a family member with a lifestyle that incarcerates your loved ones. I may be concerned but I wouldn't be proud of that. The truth is this did begin with a sex offender, then continued with boys being boys. Grow up, maybe your man will.
It doesnít appear to me that Kirstenís comment was made due to pride that her husband is incarcerated, but of concern, I for one am deeply concerned, my husband is there for a damn DUI, not for a violent act or criminal behavior but for making a mistake and heís stuck in the middle of this bullcrap, I am not condoning any behavior, not even my husband's stupidity for getting behind the wheel after having had a few, but there are some that are in this situation without having nothing to do with the latinos and the black's racial animosity or whatever it is that is going, frankly don't care, my one and only concern is my husband and not knowing what is going on is the most frustrating thing of this whole circumstance.
Lisa

Anaheim, CA

#18 Feb 13, 2006
wendy wrote:
You should really watch what comments you leave on here!! Just like another person said Some of us have people we love in these facilities and just because they are in jail doesnt mean they are people! So you have no business making those sorts of comments!
bobo

Martinsburg, WV

#21 Feb 13, 2006
all of this will die out soon. you'll see.
Santos wrote:
its not over yet,putos tintos are going down.
Kristen

Whittier, CA

#22 Feb 14, 2006
Monica wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnít appear to me that Kirstenís comment was made due to pride that her husband is incarcerated, but of concern, I for one am deeply concerned, my husband is there for a damn DUI, not for a violent act or criminal behavior but for making a mistake and heís stuck in the middle of this bullcrap, I am not condoning any behavior, not even my husband's stupidity for getting behind the wheel after having had a few, but there are some that are in this situation without having nothing to do with the latinos and the black's racial animosity or whatever it is that is going, frankly don't care, my one and only concern is my husband and not knowing what is going on is the most frustrating thing of this whole circumstance.
I thank you for standing up for what I said. Its hard for you to try and make your point to people who have no idea what its like to watch these news reports and have it effect you personally. I can relate to what you said...its so hard never knowing exactly whats going on. I hope your husband is ok. I pray everyday nothing happens to my husband.
Kristen

Whittier, CA

#23 Feb 14, 2006
wendy wrote:
<quoted text>Go back to the first riot at Wayside, the report was correct. I pity you that you have a family member with a lifestyle that incarcerates your loved ones. I may be concerned but I wouldn't be proud of that. The truth is this did begin with a sex offender, then continued with boys being boys. Grow up, maybe your man will.
Im sorry but honestly I think you are the one that needs to grow up. You are the one leaving comments attacking my husband. You know nothing about me or my husband so leave us out of your comments. Dont have pity the last thing i want is your ignorant pity. No one ever said I was proud but yes I am very concerned. No matter that he is in jail he is still my husband. He made a mistake but he is a good person and I pray everyday nothing happens to him. And just bacause he is in there doesnt mean he is one of the men fighting. All my husband wants to do is serve his time and come back to his family. So do not tell me to grow up when all Im doing is standing up to your ignorant comments. You can make all the comments you feel about the rioting but leave other peoples family out of it.
CHARLES

AOL

#24 Feb 14, 2006
B Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>

ITS GOOD TO KNOW BROTHAS ON THE EAST COAST CARE ABOUT WHATS GOING ON OUT HERE ON THE WEST COAST. YEA TH SA'S ARE ACTING UP BECAUSE THEY GOT BROTHAS OUTNUMBERED IN PRISON AND ON THE STREET, BUT WHAT THIS RACE THING IS DOING ALREADY IS FORCING THE CRIPS,BLOODS,NATION OF ISLAM, BLACK GUERILLA FAMILY AND BLACKS IN GENERAL TO COME TOGATHER AND DECLARE WAR ON THE MEXICAN MAFIA AND ANY MEXICAN OR LATINO WHO KILLS OUR BLACK GIRLS, BOYS, WOMEN, AND MEN.WE AS A PEOPLE HAVE WENT THROUGH ENOUGH
BULL -HIT WITH WHITE RACIST AND THE KKK TO BE GOING THROUGH THIS BULL-HIT WITH MEXICANS OR LATINOS. FOR ALL YALL BLACK FOLKS IN THE US AND AROUND THE WORLD BLACK FOLKS ON THE WEST COAST ARE IN A STATE OF SURVIVAL AND I CAN TRULY SAY ITS OPEN SEASON ON BLACKS. DONT BELEIVE THE WHITE MEDIA THAT THIS IS JUST A GANG THING, NO MY BRITHAS AND SISTAS THIS IS A RACE THING. I WAS BORN AT MLK HOSPITOL IN 1968 AND WAS RAISED IN THE CITY OF ROSES PASADENA ALL MY LIFE AND I DONT PLAN ON GOING ANY WHARE IM GONNA DEFEND MINE TILL DEATH.IF I GOTTA GO OUT IM GOING OUT BLASTIN AND I PLAN ON TAKEN WITH ME AS MANY AS I CAN. LIKE MY FATHER TOLD ME GROWIN UP AS A BOY DONT START NOTHIN BUT IF IT GETS STARTED YOU DAMN WELL BETTER FINISH IT. BLACK PEOPLE YALL BETTER WAKE UP BECAUSE THIS THING IS COMIN DOWN SOUTH AND GOING BACK EAST. MEXICANS THINK THEY CAN RUN EVERYONE BECAUSE THEY OUTNUMBER JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER RACE IN THE US BUT I AINT GOING OUT LIKE THAT, LETEM TRY TO RUN UP ON ME OUR MY FAMILY, IM BLASTIN G.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 86
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moorpark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 128 arrests during Coachella weekend 1; Disney ... Tue Jane Ann 1
News 17th Annual YMCA National Day of Prayer Breakfa... Tue Jane Ann 1
News A 1997 Ford Ranger For Riding Fences Tue Lucy Jane 1
News Michael Jackson's Niece Fights Mental Illness W... (Sep '15) Apr 24 Jack 3
Use one word....drop one game (Aug '13) Apr 17 _Zoey_ 623
Contract work (May '07) Apr 15 elvis 5,085
Errant traffic Apr 14 Brandon R 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moorpark Mortgages