Wrong-way crash kills college student...

Wrong-way crash kills college student with bright future

There are 156 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 4, 2009, titled Wrong-way crash kills college student with bright future. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Taylor Marie Moss and her Brother Christopher. Instead of late-night college parties, 19-year-old Taylor Moss preferred spending her weekends cooking pasta dinners for friends and family in Newbury Park, baby-sitting or visiting grandparents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Mas fina

South Pasadena, CA

#167 Nov 20, 2009
Dems
Why is it so bad for her to defend her race?

That Latina defended our country, The U.S.A and every race in it, so why are you giving her such a hard time?

She has raised a valid point.

If you are a older Vet I bet you were racist against who you were fighting at the time, now you're retired and have a new set of people to pick on..That other race no longer offends you, latino's do!

Dem, I know men like you, I had 3 OLDER Brothers in the Viet Nam war and I listened to them talk about the Vietnamise(sp?) people like they were the scum of the earth (even the ones that were not in the war) when they retired they picked on a slew of other races for fun....I have not talked to one of them in over 25 years because of his attitude and remarks about Innocent people trying to go about daily life and survive..he does not know them and should not put anyone down as he is no better then anyone else, to top it off his first wife was from Viet Nam..what a joke.

I know you are going to say I am a Bit**ch, that is fine but PLEASE don't follow me from forum to forum and disrespect me..not that I think you're a nut or anything like that but some people take a debate to the extreme and think it is a personal fight.
Proud Female Veteran

El Paso, TX

#168 Nov 23, 2009
Dems wrote:
You defend all Latinos no matter what they do. Race is always an issue you always defend. Even if you do not comprehend truth, you are a racist. In SoCal we have 70% of jails and prisons are full with Latinos. It has been an invasion of a racist criminal culture. Your constant defending of Latinos shows what is most important to you.
What is most important to me is fairness to all.
Proud Female Veteran

El Paso, TX

#169 Nov 23, 2009
Mas fina wrote:
Dems
Why is it so bad for her to defend her race?
That Latina defended our country, The U.S.A and every race in it, so why are you giving her such a hard time?
She has raised a valid point.
If you are a older Vet I bet you were racist against who you were fighting at the time, now you're retired and have a new set of people to pick on..That other race no longer offends you, latino's do!
Dem, I know men like you, I had 3 OLDER Brothers in the Viet Nam war and I listened to them talk about the Vietnamise(sp?) people like they were the scum of the earth (even the ones that were not in the war) when they retired they picked on a slew of other races for fun....I have not talked to one of them in over 25 years because of his attitude and remarks about Innocent people trying to go about daily life and survive..he does not know them and should not put anyone down as he is no better then anyone else, to top it off his first wife was from Viet Nam..what a joke.
I know you are going to say I am a Bit**ch, that is fine but PLEASE don't follow me from forum to forum and disrespect me..not that I think you're a nut or anything like that but some people take a debate to the extreme and think it is a personal fight.
Thank you - you get my point. I am not being racist but if that is how people want to look at it, so be it.
Proud Female Veteran

El Paso, TX

#170 Nov 23, 2009
Dems wrote:
The U.S. military does not need racist Latinas like you, that first loyalty is to your race.
My fist loyalty is to God and country as it should be. Second loyalty is to family. Third loyalty is to all others.
Your dad

Fair Oaks, CA

#171 Nov 23, 2009
Proud Female Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
My fist loyalty is to God and country as it should be. Second loyalty is to family. Third loyalty is to all others.
You are a classy lady who has responded to others' nastiness with grace. This is how Americans of all races should behave.
Proud Female Veteran

El Paso, TX

#173 Nov 23, 2009
Dems wrote:
To "proud Latina vet " Mas fina who is also Latina explained to you that you lied about the incident of the child killed in a wagon. The driver was black not white. Nothing else needs to be said, you made up a lie and tried to pin in on a white because of your racism. You try to defend another Latino that killed another innocent person. Read the Daily news every day and you will see most crimes, deaths in SoCal are caused by Latinos. Twin Towers, Mens Central and wayside are over 70% Latino inmates. The racism in those places in off the hook by Latinos.
I do apologize for that - I knew the driver was not hispanic and the driver's name at the time escaped my memory.
Proud Female Veteran

El Paso, TX

#174 Nov 23, 2009
Your dad wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a classy lady who has responded to others' nastiness with grace. This is how Americans of all races should behave.
Thank you.
Proud Female Veteran

El Paso, TX

#176 Nov 23, 2009
Dems wrote:
To"Dad" she made up a lie about another race which was not true. It is my nastiness to call her out on a lie about another race? You are no doubt another hispanic, again supporting another Latino racist and call her classy. It's a culture thing.
No matter how much you hate us we are here to stay I mean the legal hispanics. Get over it, get a life, read a book, do something, but get over it already. I sdmitted I made a mistake, perfection is a fault and I have none therefore I am not perfect.
Proud Female Veteran

El Paso, TX

#177 Nov 23, 2009
Male drivers, drivers in the 21-34 age group, and drivers who are of the "white" race constitute the largest percentage of drunk (or impaired) drivers in fatal crashes.(1)

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-sta...
Your dad

Fair Oaks, CA

#179 Nov 24, 2009
Dems wrote:
To"Dad" she made up a lie about another race which was not true. It is my nastiness to call her out on a lie about another race? You are no doubt another hispanic, again supporting another Latino racist and call her classy. It's a culture thing.
No, she didn't make up a lie. She made a mistake and later corrected it. This is what a person of character does. And no, it's not a culture thing. It's an integrity thing.
Not some illegal riffraff

Los Angeles, CA

#180 Dec 16, 2009
In agreement with Never ASS-ume, I know Mr. Ortiz. He is a loving, kind person. He had never hurt a soul prior to this.
It is tragic what happened. My prayers, thoughts, love, and good intentions go out to the family of Miss Moss. I understand their position very much, and would do the same no doubt if I were in it. Mr. Ortiz has to pay for his crime; he made a mistake that had terrible consequences for another. No one in his life denies that.
However, it saddens me that the racial aspect is playing such a role. He is Puerto Rican, born in the US to a good, intelligent family. He should not be prosecuted because of his ethnic background; simply for the crime he committed.
Not some illegal riffraff

Los Angeles, CA

#181 Dec 16, 2009
People are people, the "ethnic/race differences" are simply a difference of upbringing and skin pigment. I have never understood why that makes such a difference for so many. People are people, regardless of this. And if it makes any difference, I am white and I have friends of all colors, types, and financial means.
Life Is A Gift

Granada Hills, CA

#182 Mar 3, 2010
Cervantes wrote:
What happened was a horrible event but it should be known that this college student had been known to spout a lot of anti Hispanic sentiment. Anyways locking Hector up and throwing away the key is not going to bring her back no matter how hard you want it to. I would like to send my prayers to the Moss and Hector's family as well. Stay strong Hector.
You personally knew this girl??? You have PERSONALLY heard all of this so called anti Hispanic sentiment she spouted? Because you know what? I think it's disgusting and you are a disgrace to use this forum to try to sully the reputation of an innocent, murdered girl. It wouldn't matter if this man were from Mars. He broke the law. He killed a child. It will not bring her back but it is the law. We in society don't get the break the law and kill someone without being judged in a court of law and serving time in prison.
Eve

Sherman Oaks, CA

#183 Mar 8, 2010
My heart goes out to the victims, their families, as well as the driver and his family.

I can't get over how many cruel and racist people decided to share their opinions in this forum.
Life Is A Gift

Granada Hills, CA

#185 Apr 17, 2010
Eve wrote:
My heart goes out to the victims, their families, as well as the driver and his family.
I can't get over how many cruel and racist people decided to share their opinions in this forum.
Eve, I completely agree with you that Hector's race has no bearing. I too am appauled at the bigotry expressed here and believe it only deters from the fact he is a law breaker and a killer. However, I completely disagree that your heart should go out to Hector or his family. Hector killed a perfectly innocent girl who committed no crime and was nothing but kind to all who knew her. If he had killed your loved one, would your heart go out to him then? Probably not.
libertarian

South El Monte, CA

#186 Apr 17, 2010
When is the Car wash?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moorpark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darwin's Doubt: Giving a Case for Intelligent D... 36 min scientia potentia... 1
Hancock Gas Station 13 hr Raven480 1
Collage (Jan '15) Jan 15 anonymous 106
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Agoura Hills (Sep '15) Jan 12 JPitchford 17
Are there any Black people in Simi? (Mar '07) Jan 6 english american 25
how to catch your dad naked (Jan '12) Nov '16 Derek 6
Trump's outbursts prove he's unstable Aug '16 JesusisKing123 2

Moorpark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moorpark Mortgages