Strickland blasts Parks' record

Feb 5, 2010 Full story: Ventura County Star

Assemblywoman Audra Strickland came out swinging at Ventura County Supervisor Linda Parks on Friday in Strickland's first public appearance as a candidate for Parks' 2nd District seat.

Full Story
brewski

Camarillo, CA

#1 Feb 6, 2010
As Audra Strickland’s time in the state assembly draws to a close, and with little to show for it save a steady paycheck, she has announced she will move to Thousand Oaks and run against popular fellow Republican Linda Parks for County Supervisor. Parks, who enjoys rare bi-partisan support, was elected District 2 Supervisor in 2002 and was re-elected in 2006.

In making her announcement, Strickland blasted Parks as being a “carpetbagger from Berkeley.” It was a rough start for Strickland with this swing and a miss as Parks has never lived in Berkeley. In fact, it is Strickland who re-registered to vote in the 2nd Supervisoral District only two weeks ago for the sole purpose of qualifying to run.

Strickland cited support and urging from the GOP Central Committee in her decision to run and has stated that she was surprised by a recent push poll they commissioned which attempted to discredit Park’s record. It is interesting to note that the GOP Central Committee members include Strickland’s husband Tony Strickland, her mother-in-law, a former staff member and his wife, a business partner, and a businessman who has received more that 1.5 million in business from the Stricklands. Additionally, the majority of past campaign funding for Strickland has come from outside of her district and included contributions from big tobacco, horse racing, and indian gambling interests.

Apparent lies and deception aren’t a great start to a campaign. If this were a ball game, I’d yell “strike three, you’re out”!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moorpark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Use one word....drop one game (Aug '13) 15 hr _Zoey_ 431
Review: Platinum Tax Defenders Thu Sherri gastelum 1
Review: American West Appliance Repair (May '11) Wed Carolyn 9
Review: Virtuoso Medical Management Inc Jan 26 Wayne R 1
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jan 24 ska kitten 4,503
Contract work (May '07) Jan 19 Hopeful 5,074
Collage Jan 18 gest 12

Moorpark News Video

Moorpark Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Moorpark People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:58 am PST