Man shoots self as police try to serv...

Man shoots self as police try to serve papers

There are 16 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Mar 18, 2008, titled Man shoots self as police try to serve papers. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

Mooresville police say a man shot and killed himself as they attempted to serve warrants at his house Monday.

Police said that when they arrived at 119 Gray Ave., a female resident said Jeremy Uriah Arnold, 31, had just shot himself. He was pronounced dead by responding medical personnel, police said.

No other information was available Tuesday morning. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

way to go

Charlotte, NC

#1 Mar 21, 2008
dumba$$
WHy

Mooresville, NC

#2 Mar 21, 2008
What are the arrest warrants for??
WHy

Mooresville, NC

#3 Mar 21, 2008
what are the arrest warrants for?
Enkidu

Wilkesboro, NC

#4 Mar 21, 2008
Jeremy was a loving father and a valued friend. The way this article makes his death out to be is that he ended his life out of fear of the arrest warrants...What they leave out is the personal HELL this man suffered over the past year. Loss after loss, from his infant son to very close relatives. This man suffered more pain in a year then most suffer in a lifetime. As a new parent with a child about the age his was when he lost it, I can say with complete honesty what he suffered would drive anyone to this point. If you are a parent you know this is true and if not, you have not earned the right to comment about it. I ask out of respect for his friends, family, and loved ones that those of you who still have a beating, human heart remember Jeremy for the man he was and if you did not know him...do not make assinine comments that only serve to pain his family. Rest in Peace my friend, you will be missed.
Your Driver

United States

#5 Mar 21, 2008
I had a chance to work along side Jeremy for close to a year and during that time we became really close. I had the opportunity to carpool with Jeremy along with other Lowe's employees and all that I've seen, heard and witnessed from this guy was A1 top of the line. He was a man of stature and deep knowledge on almost every subject placed before him. He like myself LOVE(D) our kids, family, and co-workers with all our heart and NEVER one-day did I ever feel threaten or scared as we rode together up/down the dangerous highways of 77 and 421. Jeremy I just hope and pray that you paved a personal highway with God and that one-day I get to see your warm smile and hear what I can do to make no just myself better but the people around me. You are now GONE but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!
Love ALWAYS,
YOUR DRIVER :)
Your friend

Wilkesboro, NC

#6 Mar 21, 2008
Jeremy has touched more lives than you can possibly imagine...all of them in a good way. These news articles only serve to worsen a tragedy that started long ago. When I look back on it, I can't come up with a single thing I could have done, and I think that bothers me even more. Monte's will not be the same without him.
We'll miss you Jeremy.
Iowa Chapman

Graham, NC

#7 Mar 24, 2008
Anybody who knew Jeremy, would know that he was very smart. He was a friend and co-worker, and it truely is sad how this past year was so tragic for him and his family. He will be missed by many. May you now be at peace my friend, for now you can be with your son. May god bless your family that still resides here on this planet we call earth.
someone else

United States

#8 Mar 26, 2008
I think what he did is very irresponsible. Im sure he was depressed after losing a child but he does still have a wife and another child to take care of. He should have thought of them and their future instead of his own feelings.
someone else

United States

#9 Mar 26, 2008
I think what he did was very irresponsible. Im sure he was depressed after losing a child but he should have thought of his wife and other child. He was very selfish to take his life instead of thinking about their future. Now what are they supposed to do. Instead of feeling sorry for him, we need to be thinking about the ones he so carelessly left behind.
___________hee

Cornelius, NC

#10 Oct 4, 2010
screw this article. i knew him like the back of my hand!!!!!! he was smart and the GREATEST father i know of!!!! and i miss him so much i wish he could come back!
brandon hunter

Mooresville, NC

#11 Oct 25, 2010
jeremy i love and miss u very much i wish u and preston could b here with us right now instead of being so far away words cant explain how much i miss both of u and these people that are talkn bad about u didnt no u were my uncle a brother a father a cousin a son and so much more i miss all the times when i was littler and u would give me the claw and tickle me even though i didnt want u 2 and that it hurt i no u had a hard life dont no how u felt until i seen preston 4 month old baby in a coffen and then almost 8 months later u were in there i remember when u hugged me jordan and nori and said i love u 3 very much and hugged us again 4 awhile i miss u so much and its sad to think about how crystal ended up and that i dont see jade anymore i love u both very much rip jeremy and preston arnold
cindy

Mooresville, NC

#12 Mar 9, 2012
WHy wrote:
What are the arrest warrants for??
They were for false accusations and its hard to disprove lies. So those who made them have Jeremy's blood on their hands.
They may as well have shot the gun themselves.
IAmActuallyALawy er

Mooresville, NC

#13 Mar 9, 2012
I didn't know this person or any facts, but this just seems to be sadness on sadness. I'm sorry for his family.
Sam

Bostic, NC

#14 Mar 17, 2012
What a F....dumbass! Good deed before he killed some innocent people that work for a living!!!
Melinda

Adel, GA

#15 Apr 17, 2017
Jeremy died the day his son died. He loved that baby boy with every fiber of his being and was so proud of him.
Being accused of something just finished him off.
Meanwhile Jade has done pretty well and Crystal is still Crystal.
Melinda

Adel, GA

#16 Apr 17, 2017
way to go wrote:
dumba$$
You are ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mooresville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
e z way auto sales (Nov '08) Aug 15 matt 38
News Rex Farmer Aug 9 Maze 2
Mooresville Music Thread (Oct '16) Aug 8 Musikologist 2
News Ex-Iredell teacher now faces 208 sex charges, i... (Apr '13) Aug 5 Mary 11
Jocelyn Desmond (Mar '12) Jul 29 Tally aka Azhai 38
Loud Boom heard at 10:00 pm (Nov '08) Jul 28 jlom 30
News Tractor-trailer accident closes I-77 northbound... Jul '17 wow 1

Mooresville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance