Man, 39, killed when he is thrown fro...

Man, 39, killed when he is thrown from his motorcycle on Ind. 6...

There are 37 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 24, 2007, titled Man, 39, killed when he is thrown from his motorcycle on Ind. 6.... In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A 39-year-old Martinsville man was killed Saturday when he lost control of his motorcycle on Ind.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JoAnn

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Jun 25, 2007
We have seatbelt laws for our cars & trucks (and YES, I wear my seatbelt!), so why do we not require helmets for motorcyle riders? Helmets wouldn't save every rider (just as seatbelts don't always save lives), but he would have had a better chance of surviving!!!
MESSAGE FOR JERRY

Indianapolis, IN

#26 Jun 25, 2007
You Motorcy You Die wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic and reason are meaningless to bikers. I give it to 'em straight:
You motorcy you die.
Jerry,
This guy is a neanderthal! Could almost make me believe in Darwin's theory.. He only seems to know 4 words other than his logic and his reason. Guess he thinks it is cute because he rhymes and he gets to ignore the fact that a man is dead and his friends/family are hurting. I am not a motorcycle fan but lost a 10 year old child 11 years ago. She was hit by a car going to the mailbox and I am sure this compassionate soul would have had some logic and reason (however looney) regarding her death also.. He/She is just a nasty toxic little person who is best avoided.
I need a kidney

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Jun 25, 2007
Motorcycle riders who do not wear their helmets are spreading hope to all of us who need a donated organ to survive. Quite often a motorcyclist without a helmet will have severe head injuries but intact organs. Being a person who is on the waiting list to receive an organ from such a motorist, I say KEEP IT UP, SIGN UP TO BE AN ORGAN DONOR BEFORE YOU RIDE, AND SEND ME A KIDNEY!!
mariah butcher

Weimar, Germany

#28 Jun 25, 2007
that guy did not deserve that he was a good man you know he was not bad or anything.you know that was my dads friend and im not lieing you might thik im lieing you know.but that guy was A GOOD MAN JUST BECAUSE HE DID NOT A HELMET ON DOES NOT MEAN HES BAD.MARIAH.
mariah butcher

Weimar, Germany

#29 Jun 25, 2007
HEY ITS NOT THIS MANS FAULT BUT IF HE HAD A HELMET ON HE WOULD OF BEEN SAFE HE COULD OF NOT BEEN ABLE TO WALK IF HE DID HAVE A HELMET ON HE DOES NOT DESERVE THIS YOU KNOW BUT HE DID IF HE WOULD OF HAD THAT HELMET ON HE WOULD OF BEEN TIGHT MARIah.band aids dont work for thoses head injuries those big hurtful stiches do im sorry man rip a plate its really ret in peace.
Co Worker

Circleville, OH

#31 Jun 26, 2007
Kevins friends and family are in my prays, I got to work with him for a few year, and i know for a fact that he loved his Harley, He was a man that could turn a bad day into good day. Kevin you will be missed.
CLEMENTE

Bloomington, IN

#33 Jun 26, 2007
muncie wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you smell of elderberry's.
Now go away or I sahll taunt you a second time.
CLEMENTE

Bloomington, IN

#34 Jun 26, 2007
shall
Richard M Williams

Spring Hill, FL

#35 Jun 26, 2007
I just wish the speed-demons on motorcycles would find somewhere besides Indiana State Road 44 to practice their 70-90 mph thrills. There is nothing like having one of these clowns popping over a hill on the centerline when I am coming up the other side of the hill. I am surprised that there are not more accidents on In-44 than there has been.
Questions

Indianapolis, IN

#36 Jun 26, 2007
Co Worker wrote:
Kevins friends and family are in my prays, I got to work with him for a few year, and i know for a fact that he loved his Harley, He was a man that could turn a bad day into good day. Kevin you will be missed.
CO-WORKER... do you know how to get a hold of his family? We have called the MCCO, and they don't know anything. Please let me know [email protected]
TIM

Fort Wayne, IN

#37 Jun 27, 2007
JULIESOCEAN OR SOMEONE LET ME KNOW ABOUT KEVIN [email protected] UNCLE TIM
lastrep

Columbus, IN

#38 Jun 28, 2007
Dennis wrote:
There are head injuries in virtually EVERY car accident, even from air bag deployment ! The head is the farthest point of velocity-induced leverage from the mandatory seatbelt, therefore it is also the fastest forward momentum part of the body, again thanks to the seatbelt. If motorcyclists are again forced to wear helmets, then ALL vehicle operators should be forced to wear helmets, and suffer the same loss of peripheral vision and hearing that the helmets inflict upon the motorcuclists .
What nonsense. Drivers have seatbelts, four wheels, steel surroundings, and airbags. Motorcyclists have leather, cotton, skin, and bones. Who do you suppose is better protected?
Angi -Jackson- Howard

Pearland, TX

#39 Jun 28, 2007
TIM wrote:
JULIESOCEAN OR SOMEONE LET ME KNOW ABOUT KEVIN [email protected] UNCLE TIM
I have found out that Kelly has claimed the body and showing will be held today 6.28.7 frm 2-8 service tomorrow 2.29.7 @ 2:00 pm. The facility is Flanner & Buchanan in Decator. Hope this helps
Herb Archer

United States

#40 Jun 28, 2007
My sincere condolences to the family!
Randi S

Morenci, MI

#43 Jun 29, 2007
I seen the whole accident happen. I was picking up a friend at Bubbaz Bar and Grill...I just so happen to hear a bunch of motorcycles coming down the road so i looked (i love motorcycles). I just so happened looked up just as soon as this gentlemen was riding past and watched the whole accident from the beginning. He was not going fast and by the looks of everything that happened that night i don't believe his death was mainly cause by head injuries. I just recently talked to an officer who called my house since i witnessed this horrible accident and found out that kevin hit gravel and lost control of his bike..He tried to straighten the bike out but it was too late. I don't think people on here have a right to comment about his death if you really don't know the whole story. This gentlemen lost his life and you people on here show no remorse, but you want to sit here and stereotype all motorcyclist from what you see or hear from others. Once again my prayers are with his family and friends.
mariah butcher

Landsberg, Germany

#44 Jul 4, 2007
feel so sad r i p.(crying)
Rider

United States

#45 Jul 6, 2007
All my sympathy goes out to this man's family and friends....may you ride on in Heaven!
And as for all of you that think the government should step in to make everyone wear helmets....think about what you are starting. Don't allow the government to take away all of your rights....this is America, land of the free... Wear a helmet or not....how does this affect my neighbor and his safety? Maybe the government should look into banning grease because then it would stop people from dying of heart attacks. Or better yet, why don't you ask the government to ban sex....then no more diseases. Sound stupid, exactly! You give up your rights...but I never will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mooresville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Returning to Martinsville Jul 17 Cure 2
Unsolved Plainfield Homicide (Jul '09) Jul 16 Donna McIntyre 8
News When The KKK Was Mainstream (Mar '15) Jun 27 Evelyn 17
Where all the white women at Jun 26 Blacktacular 1
Neighbor on main street Jun 24 Samanthabarber 3
Camby village Jun '17 Nobody 3
Do you know these people? May '17 Curious 1

Mooresville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance