lack of street improvements to Indiana

lack of street improvements to Indiana

Posted in the Mooresville Forum

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Aug 7, 2011
After watching this years Old Settlers parade near the vacinity of Indiana and Carlisle St. I noticed something that struck me as odd. I want to preface this by saying I'm 35 years old and have grown up in Mooresville was gone for the past 10 yrs and moved back this year. Can anyone tell me why that Indiana St. from basically a block north of downtown all the way to the town line has never been upgraded or improved upon. With as much traffic as that street sees and the amount of pedestrian traffic that the school creates isn't it about time that the open ditch be enclosed and the street widened with sidewalks installed on the west side of Indiana St.? I have heard a few anecdotal reasons why it hasn't, yet no study has been performed to see the cost and benefits of having some improvements done. The fact that I seen young kids having to dive down into the ditch to fetch some candy from the parade shows that this is a safety issue, as well as, and asthetic issue for a high profile gateway to downtown Mooresville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mooresville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dead Mon Right down the road 1
News SWAT teams shot suspect with 68 bullets (Oct '06) Nov 22 jman 384
apartment/townhouse Nov 13 broker 2
Spring Lake (Feb '11) Nov 9 Yep 3
Post removed about Cold Case (Sep '10) Nov 9 Lynx 19
News Senate passes lottery privatization (Feb '07) Nov 1 Lol 37
Drug Bust Nets 14 Arrests, Including Some From ... (Apr '15) Sep '15 Tummyre 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mooresville Mortgages