Post removed about Cold Case

Posted in the Mooresville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CJGR

Lexington, KY

#1 Sep 4, 2010
My post from yesterday was removed from the Mooresville and Martinsville forum, that gives, makes you wonder who is trying to cover what up. It was straight forward, asking questions. here it is below one more time. Next time moderator, give me a explaination as to why it was removed. there is nothing in it that is libal or slanderous.

I'm researching a cold case in Morgan County back in the early 80's, it was the murder of a woman who was attending IU at the time, her body was found but no one was ever found in connection with her death,she was picked up on a state road 37? anyone that has any info, would be greatly appreciated. I may have info as to who her murderer might be, but I need to find out some details first, I don't know her name and I can't tell anyone how I might know who did it just yet, I need to make for sure that this even happened or someone is making it up. I will not post the name of the person, I just need to know whether to persue this legally.
CJGR

Lexington, KY

#2 Sep 5, 2010
I finally after much effort found the name of the young woman and some of the story, see if this brings back memories to anyone and please let me know anything you remember about this case, this poor girl needs to be able to rest in peace.

Her name was Ann Harmeier she was 30 years old and attended IU, she was murdered on Sept. 12th 1977 after being picked up on state road 37, they found her car 3 miles north of Martinsville, they found her body over a month later in a cornfield not far from her car. No one was ever convicted of this crime. According to what I have found out people claimed that Steven Judy Infamous killer of woman at the time but after double checking Marion County records indicate that he was in incarcerated at the time. All I ask is for any info, memories or anything else someone might have about this.
CJGR

Lexington, KY

#3 Sep 5, 2010
I am sorry she was 20 years old.
INFO

Frankfort, IN

#4 Oct 1, 2010
It's probably another jealous friend like the one in MO. At least that is what Sylvia Brown said. A little spoofing phones and alot of jealousy can lead to alot of unsolved crimes. Sylvia also said this girl is trying to cover her arse real good too! She probably is the one commenting those silly comments from her little phone that she spoofs everyone.Makes you wonder why was she so jealous of this person.Did she want her life? I guess time will tell.
INFO

Frankfort, IN

#5 Oct 14, 2010
Sometimes I have dreams or things that wake me in the night. Like the night my brother was killed i heard the collision that took his life.I also told a certain police officer he would be dead soon if he didn't slow it down. Last night I was sound asleep and i came up from my bed and I do not know this girl in MO. but a spirit said hey! to me .10 miles from my home. Three different times it said it's only ten miles from my home I'm near water, Please help me! I asked are you buried it replied no. Only ten miles.So I need to look at some maps and maybe someone can can go search it!
INFO

Frankfort, IN

#6 Oct 14, 2010
I left earlier and the sun was shinning bright , but there was still moisture on the back of my new camper we had put on our truck,and as i looked into my mirror I seen Dale Earnhardt! and the letters MW. also scratches all the way down my back window.There is no Earnhardt sticker on my back window. I got home and looked nothing there. Who is MW? Someone knows.
Troy

United States

#7 Oct 8, 2011
Are you still researching this?
CJGR

Clarkesville, GA

#8 Nov 28, 2011
Troy wrote:
Are you still researching this?
Troy, I had actually let this go for awhile as I had no one seemed interested. Poor girl and her family. But if you have any info it would help.
Troy

United States

#9 Sep 10, 2012
I attended the same high school as her. I would love for her family to know who did it, but I don't have any details. Another woman was killed around the same time in a similar manner, with a garotte made from her personal belongings. But I cannot find this woman's identity online...
Gary

Waco, TX

#10 Jun 19, 2014
Troy wrote:
I attended the same high school as her. I would love for her family to know who did it, but I don't have any details. Another woman was killed around the same time in a similar manner, with a garotte made from her personal belongings. But I cannot find this woman's identity online...
There was a lady that went missing from indianapolis and was found somewhere along 37. I worked with this lady for a while but can't remember her name (Lori) maybe. She worked at mcdonalds and village pantry. I've been trying to find info on her death and haven't had any luck.
dmb791

Ormond Beach, FL

#11 Oct 10, 2014
CJGR wrote:
My post from yesterday was removed from the Mooresville and Martinsville forum, that gives, makes you wonder who is trying to cover what up. It was straight forward, asking questions. here it is below one more time. Next time moderator, give me a explaination as to why it was removed. there is nothing in it that is libal or slanderous.
I'm researching a cold case in Morgan County back in the early 80's, it was the murder of a woman who was attending IU at the time, her body was found but no one was ever found in connection with her death,she was picked up on a state road 37? anyone that has any info, would be greatly appreciated. I may have info as to who her murderer might be, but I need to find out some details first, I don't know her name and I can't tell anyone how I might know who did it just yet, I need to make for sure that this even happened or someone is making it up. I will not post the name of the person, I just need to know whether to persue this legally.
You are referring to the Sept. 12 1977 murder of Ann Louise Harmeier. She was finally found in a 7 ft. high cornfield when the farmer was harvesting his crop on Oct. 19 1977. I believe her body was first transported to Johnson County Memorial Hospital in Franklin, Indiana as I was on nursing duty in the hospital that day. The smell permeated the hospital as she was badly decomposed. I have wondered about who she was for 36 1/2 years. I just found out tonight. State Rd 37 I believe is correct about 3 miles north of Martinsville. She was traveling from Cambridge City to return to IU. She was only 20 years old. I was 19.
barb

Homewood, IL

#12 Jan 19, 2015
dmb791 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are referring to the Sept. 12 1977 murder of Ann Louise Harmeier. She was finally found in a 7 ft. high cornfield when the farmer was harvesting his crop on Oct. 19 1977. I believe her body was first transported to Johnson County Memorial Hospital in Franklin, Indiana as I was on nursing duty in the hospital that day. The smell permeated the hospital as she was badly decomposed. I have wondered about who she was for 36 1/2 years. I just found out tonight. State Rd 37 I believe is correct about 3 miles north of Martinsville. She was traveling from Cambridge City to return to IU. She was only 20 years old. I was 19.
I grew up with Ann Harmeier. She has no family left, to my knowledge . Her Mother , the local music teacher in our town, died of cancer not long after Ann.s body was found. I was in law school when Ann died. I'm curious to find any legitimate information about what happened to her.
BDS

Greenwood, IN

#13 Mar 1, 2015
barb wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up with Ann Harmeier. She has no family left, to my knowledge . Her Mother , the local music teacher in our town, died of cancer not long after Ann.s body was found. I was in law school when Ann died. I'm curious to find any legitimate information about what happened to her.
i remember when this happened. I grew up in the same community and eventually attended the same high school. I remember Mrs. Harmeier and maybe have a vague memory of Ann. I remember when she went missing my dad had a dream she was in a cornfield. If the recollections of my youth can be trusted then I remember my parents talking about whether or not he should report what he dreamed. It is a weird coincidence that I ended up living near the place where she died and decades later worked at Johnson Memorial. I do remember very clearly that the community was distraught when she went missing and that all anyone could say was that she was just a lovely person. As a child I imagined she was an angel. I'm glad some people still think about her and her case. She deserves closure.
Justice needs served

Lebanon, OH

#14 Apr 13, 2015
CJGR wrote:
I found an old newspaper that states David anthony kinnaird was being looked at as a potential suspect back then. I don't know what ever came of it or how he proved he was innocent...
kalliopekids

Indianapolis, IN

#15 May 17, 2015
CJGR wrote:
PLEASE PERSUE THIS LEGALLY! I KNEW ANN LOUISE HARMEIER WHILE I WAS AT IU & WAS DEVASTATED WHEN THIS HAPPENED. JUSTICE NEEDS TO BE SERVED & WE DESERVED TO KNOW WHO DID THIS. I THINK OF HER EVERY YEAR ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF HER DISSAPPEARANCE: 9/12/77. THIS YEAR WILL BE # 38.
IU Forrest

Naples, FL

#16 Jun 26, 2015
As I recall, I lived on the same floor as Ann Harmeier in the all girls Forrest dorm. I knew her, but not well. She seemed like a nice person. I will never forget her murder as our entire floor was shocked and in mourning for months. We never thought anything like this could happen. Does anyone know if her murder was ever solved?
kalliopekids

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jun 27, 2015
IU Forrest wrote:
As I recall, I lived on the same floor as Ann Harmeier in the all girls Forrest dorm. I knew her, but not well. She seemed like a nice person. I will never forget her murder as our entire floor was shocked and in mourning for months. We never thought anything like this could happen. Does anyone know if her murder was ever solved?
NO we are still waiting for justice.
archy

Bicknell, IN

#18 Jul 16, 2015
I covered the Ann Harmeier muder/abduction as a newspaperman and did followup research in connection with the deaths or disappearances of 20-30-year-old women at U/Purdue/Indiana State University, plus a couple of junior colleges. Actually, some of the unsolved cases go back to the 1960s.

More on Ann H. here: http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news-archive/6319.html
CJGR wrote:
I finally after much effort found the name of the young woman and some of the story, see if this brings back memories to anyone and please let me know anything you remember about this case, this poor girl needs to be able to rest in peace.
Her name was Ann Harmeier she was 30 years old and attended IU, she was murdered on Sept. 12th 1977 after being picked up on state road 37, they found her car 3 miles north of Martinsville, they found her body over a month later in a cornfield not far from her car. No one was ever convicted of this crime. According to what I have found out people claimed that Steven Judy Infamous killer of woman at the time but after double checking Marion County records indicate that he was in incarcerated at the time. All I ask is for any info, memories or anything else someone might have about this.
Lynx

Pendleton, IN

#19 Nov 9, 2015
archy wrote:
I covered the Ann Harmeier muder/abduction as a newspaperman and did followup research in connection with the deaths or disappearances of 20-30-year-old women at U/Purdue/Indiana State University, plus a couple of junior colleges. Actually, some of the unsolved cases go back to the 1960s.
More on Ann H. here: http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news-archive/6319.html
<quoted text>
I have some questions how the murderer of Tara Meredith plays into this. Same exact MO and he was from Johnson County
KEH

Martinsville, IN

#20 Jan 22, 2016
barb wrote:
<quoted text>
Barb I was a freshman studyng theatre at IU just as Ann was, however we never met. I grew up just off StRd 37 directly between Martinsville and Bloomington. Blgtn is my hometown but I've lived in Mart 29 years. I'm glad to see your post and to be able to tell you that I've never forgotten Ann and think of her often. It took 34 years to solve Carol Jenkins murder. I really hope Ann's killer is eventually identified.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mooresville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate passes lottery privatization (Feb '07) Jun 25 Al Bion 38
Big beards Jun 16 Had to say it 1
Houses for rent Jun 11 Scat 1
sparkling canvas opening night/weekend Jun 7 Sparkling Canvas 1
Olen Lucas Jun 7 yes 1
toa Jun 1 courious 3
Texas Corral May '16 Sitting On A Hill 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mooresville Mortgages