Injured eagle lands in Mooresville ba...

Injured eagle lands in Mooresville backyard

There are 54 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 5, 2007, titled Injured eagle lands in Mooresville backyard. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A Mooresville woman found an unexpected visitor in her backyard -- an injured bald eagle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mr Anderson

Evanston, IL

#49 Oct 5, 2007
Blessed wrote:
I wish we could see a picture of the eagle.
martinsville- reporter has 2 pics if you want more send your e-mail address and we will be glad to send you alot more.
TOBY

AOL

#50 Oct 5, 2007
I WONDER IF THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN?
mr Anderson

Evanston, IL

#51 Oct 5, 2007
Pam wrote:
What an awesome thing to see. I'm just so glad that it is okay and back to nature.
thank you
TOBY

AOL

#53 Oct 5, 2007
TOLD YOU SO wrote:
REMARKS BY THE DNR ARE TYPICAL OF THE FAILED REPUBLICIAN RELIGIONIST ON DRUGS.
THE DNR IN THE STATE OF INDIANA NEEDS TO BE ABOLISHED.
I've read a lot of posts but I think yours makes less sense than any.Go back to bed and try getting up on the otherside.
stanley

Indianapolis, IN

#54 Oct 5, 2007
Super70...you ROCK!!! Thank God for people who can laugh. Life is too short.
bruce

United States

#55 Oct 5, 2007
I thought it was a typical nothing news day in Hoosierville. Then I read about an eagle with a sore foot getting checked out by the fire department. Golly wow. I'm thinking Pulitzer.
Kitty

Fort Recovery, OH

#56 Oct 5, 2007
Don't blame the eagle. He took one look at those slimmy Madison Township FIre Fighters and RAN

“God Bless America”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#57 Oct 5, 2007
Pathos wrote:
shoot'm and eat'm...mmmmm!mmmmm! good...
Yea if you want some intimate time in the Federal Pen.

“God Bless America”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#58 Oct 5, 2007
Jack wrote:
It's amazing that these DNR people never miss an opportunity to TAG an animal or bird. Where was PETA? Oh, my bad....still hanging at Mike Vick's house.
Peta wouldn't have a problem with tagging. There is no injury or harm done by tagging. If that eagle is seen again its area of travel will be known.
bruce

United States

#59 Oct 5, 2007
Transcript:

911: Is this an emergency?
Mooresvillian:(frantic) YES! There's a bald eagle in my friends backyard! I think it has a sore foot.
911: Stay calm, ma'am. Is *** the correct address?
M'villian: Yes. yes. Oh, my God, it just hopped a little! Please hurry!
911: Are its talons retracted?
M'villian: Um,[inaudible]...I can't tell...maybe. Oh, it just screeched.
911: Stay with me ma'am. I need you to describe the bird.
M'villian:...sort of a yellow beak, a white head and neck, I don't think it's really bald!... It's [interrupted]
911: You don't think it is bald?
M'villian: No. it looks like white feathers.(frantic) oh! it just walked around a little! Hurry!!
911: Ma'am, stay calm. Wildlife Refuge lady and the fire truck with the ladder are on the way.
M'villian: OH!. Thank God!...wait. Where's Fluffy? Fluffy! Fluffy!!
Realist

Westmoreland City, PA

#62 Oct 5, 2007
The Environmentalists said that Eagles cant live within 50 miles of humans, back in the 90s. Therefore this story could not have happened.
ERK

Fort Recovery, OH

#63 Oct 5, 2007
u r right those guys are all pigs sleeping with each other's wives, cheating on girlfriends
Kitty wrote:
Don't blame the eagle. He took one look at those slimmy Madison Township FIre Fighters and RAN

Since: Sep 07

United States

#65 Oct 6, 2007
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't understand "Timmy fell down the well!"
No, YOU didn't understand, that's not Timmy, It's your momma. I saw her walking along with that eagle under her arm and I yelled out "hey where'd ya get that" the eagle yelled back "I won her at the fair"
nope

Indianapolis, IN

#66 Aug 9, 2010
concerned wrote:
amazing...we called dnr last year when we had some trees in our yard die from those pesty bugs...they never came out even though they said we couldnt remove the tree out of marion county...well the tree is gone and i dont have a clue where they took it...
wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mooresville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate passes lottery privatization (Feb '07) Jul 7 one opinion 39
Kim Gray Age 44 Nail Tech?? (Apr '10) Jul 5 Suspicious 5
Beware of men who work for sherrils drywall Jul 5 Absolute truth 1
What do locals think of Grey Bros. (Sep '15) Jul 5 Blah 3
Big beards Jun '16 Had to say it 1
Houses for rent Jun '16 Scat 1
sparkling canvas opening night/weekend Jun '16 Sparkling Canvas 1

Mooresville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance