Injured eagle lands in Mooresville ba...

Injured eagle lands in Mooresville backyard

There are 54 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 5, 2007, titled Injured eagle lands in Mooresville backyard. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A Mooresville woman found an unexpected visitor in her backyard -- an injured bald eagle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned

United States

#1 Oct 5, 2007
amazing...we called dnr last year when we had some trees in our yard die from those pesty bugs...they never came out even though they said we couldnt remove the tree out of marion county...well the tree is gone and i dont have a clue where they took it...
tom

Laguna Hills, CA

#3 Oct 5, 2007
I am no country boy, but I do know eagles do not dive for fish. In every nature show with eagles they pluck lunch out of the water without even getting wet. I say he had too much to drink and wanted a free taxi trip to th3e zoo.
DNR lover

Zionsville, IN

#4 Oct 5, 2007
concerned wrote:
amazing...we called dnr last year when we had some trees in our yard die from those pesty bugs...they never came out even though they said we couldnt remove the tree out of marion county...well the tree is gone and i dont have a clue where they took it...
The DNR wildlife biologist for eastern Indiana is VERY responsive. On several occasions Kent Henauer has helped me with my wildlife habitat project on a moments notice, even after working hours.
Teresa

Elmhurst, IL

#5 Oct 5, 2007
I am amazed that some good ole boy in the area hadn't shot it. Those boys will shoot anything.

No, eagles don't dive, but stop being so literal. It sounds like the rescuers were concerned about the feet so, yeah it could have tried to "pluck" a fish from the water in injured a foot.
1956silas9

Delaware, OH

#6 Oct 5, 2007
we lived on a snall lake in henry co. i watched as an eagle swooped down to snag a fish,the thing was , the fish was a carp and it weighed a lot more than the eagle anticipated,wtere was a big spash ,so flaling about and the eagle left without dinner. i found the carp 4 days later washed up on shore and haft eaten. by the size of what was left i'd say it was 40 to 45 pounds.
Blessed

Greenfield, IN

#9 Oct 5, 2007
I wish we could see a picture of the eagle.
puzzled with society

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Oct 5, 2007
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!! REPEATING THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!
Democrat in Indy

United States

#12 Oct 5, 2007
Is it Stephen Colbeagle?
Not funny

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Oct 5, 2007
Some of you peoples attempt a humor makes me sick. If you want practice humor hit the road and do stand up.
Bottomfeederfind er

Marion, IN

#14 Oct 5, 2007
Teresa wrote:
I am amazed that some good ole boy in the area hadn't shot it. Those boys will shoot anything.
No, eagles don't dive, but stop being so literal. It sounds like the rescuers were concerned about the feet so, yeah it could have tried to "pluck" a fish from the water in injured a foot.
Foot was not injured.

But I don't think I would have wanted to be one of the firefighters as the eagle was "flexing" his foot at them. Them are called "talons" where I come from.

“Welcome to Mexiapolis”

Since: Jun 07

Plainfield

#15 Oct 5, 2007
Not funny wrote:
Some of you peoples attempt a humor makes me sick. If you want practice humor hit the road and do stand up.
Agreed 100%

Since: Sep 07

Fishers, IN

#16 Oct 5, 2007
It would be pretty cool to see an eagle up that close. I am glad to hear it made it.

Now seeing a stinky old possum up close...that's not so cool.
Steve Miller

United States

#17 Oct 5, 2007
I want to FLY like an Eagle....

A good feeling story for Indiana.
Great to see that the RAPTOR is okay and released back into the wild. I wish they would had identified it as a male or female. Usually a pair mate for life.

...time keeps on slipp'in ..slipp'in into the future....tick tock
mr astute

Greenfield, IN

#18 Oct 5, 2007
Pathos wrote:
shoot'm and eat'm...mmmmm!mmmmm! good...
---------A typical and expected response from a moronic hill-jack idiot!
Steve Miller

United States

#19 Oct 5, 2007
tom wrote:
I am no country boy, but I do know eagles do not dive for fish. In every nature show with eagles they pluck lunch out of the water without even getting wet. I say he had too much to drink and wanted a free taxi trip to th3e zoo.
No Country boy - No education boy
They didn't suggest that the EAGLE would dive under the water for fish.

What do you call it when the Eagle is about 75 feet in the air above the lake and he .....DIVES down to the lake/river or stream to grab the fish with his talons.

When an airplane decreases altitude, it does a NOSE DIVE. So, Tom, today, you learned that the word DIVE, is not only used to describe an action of going UNDER water, but an action that is also done in the air.

It also describes that local bar you hang out at too. Stop drinking - read a book and don't be so critical!
Jack

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Oct 5, 2007
It's amazing that these DNR people never miss an opportunity to TAG an animal or bird. Where was PETA? Oh, my bad....still hanging at Mike Vick's house.
NewsFlash

Richmond, VA

#23 Oct 5, 2007
Not funny wrote:
...not to mention grammar and punctuation as well.
Wow

United States

#24 Oct 5, 2007
Deer Hunter wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xAsXtDKdU0QXX
Dang, you gotta watch that video. The eagle in the Mooresville story must be a whimp.
sugar

United States

#25 Oct 5, 2007
Not funny wrote:
relax. chill. and get a life.

Since: Sep 07

Chicago, IL

#26 Oct 5, 2007
I live about 20 min west of this lady who found the eagle, I've also known her since we were 5 years old. The odd thing is, there was an eagle at my house maybe a day or so before she saw this one. The one at my house sat in the trees making the screaming noise they make for about half the day. Might be the same one, I think the thing is sick. And for everyone's info... just because we live in morgan county dont mean were all sitting out under a tree somewhere with tobacco juice running down our chin's with a shot gun waiting "fer a critter so we can have us sum vittles fer supper"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mooresville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly taylor gaskins is a slut Apr 18 NarcissisticNut 4
Post removed about Cold Case (Sep '10) Mar 29 LJR 29
News Family argument ends in shooting (Oct '07) Mar '18 lthomascordell 5
News Injured man found in a ditch along I-70 (Feb '13) Mar '18 DeDominicis 2
Dustin Vanhook (Jul '15) Feb '18 bigLB 7
Camby/Wiser Addition Feb '18 bigLB 4
News Woman recounts 'scary encounter' with man seeki... Feb '18 Thomas Cordell 1

Mooresville Jobs

Personal Finance

Mooresville Mortgages